Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I think they look okay TBH...
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Those Luck Finder Shoes are pretty hardcore on that Koi though...

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Neopets's art has looked pretty bad for a while IMO, the only thing that makes me go "wow" is some of the NC backgrounds.
    But this has seriously bugged me for a while and I feel like half of the adoptable-maker on the art chat do edits better

And then the darigan one is like hey look at me I'm decent art!

And I'm not sure when these were released, but pretty sure it was pre-jumpstart

Like, they just look so crazy flat, yet the lines are pixellated, like whoever made them just took the original .gif file and drew directly over it at 200% and then shrunk it back down :I

And then these have super thin lineart
    in comparison to these

And its just like, wow, I think you guys really need to sit down and agree on a neopets-brand-style or something :I

Also the "Home Sweet Spyder Web" that was today's Haunted Hijinks prize is ughhh.
    (you need an account to see links)
    The actual web looks great but then they slapped on that crappy pixellated old-school art for the spyders and it looks terrible.

But then there are some backgrounds that just made me go "Damn, is this really from the same site??"
    Like the Dark Enchanted Forest Background, Whimsical Pumpkin Hill Background, Skeletal Moon Background, Nightmare Cloud Castle Background, Lost in the Forest Background, Spectral Pumpkin Path Background

But since TNT gives no shits about their np items (and half of the nc items for unpopular pets) you get crap that ends up looking like this

I think everything is np except for the background, and the np items are super flat, plasticy, and the robe has colored lineart
    Contacts dont fit on pets that arent basic colored/shaped (and half of them make the pets look derped anyway?)
    Layering is impossible
    there is a line where the axe doesnt fit in the krawks hand even though its made only for krawks? like really?
    the shading is different on almost all the pieces, the foreground has super thin realistic lineart on the rocks and then the mercury looks like idk. The small blob of it looks alright lol.

And on top of everything else, the artists really need to learn anatomy and how wings would actually work on the pets. I've run across a few species where wings are going every which way, or they look like they are both on one side and its just like ??? really? and you're getting /paid/ to draw this crap?

8I
    Last edited by Mangle; 10-25-2014 at 07:57 PM.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

Cabbage (10-25-2014),Cheese (10-25-2014),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (10-26-2014),kittyray (10-26-2014),Mindfang (10-26-2014),Sakuras (10-26-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    31d 16h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Hire me Jumpstart.