Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here was/is a Boy/Girl Scout?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Who here was/is a Boy/Girl Scout?

I was just talking to @(you need an account to see links) about when I was a Boy Scout and it made me nostalgic. Who else has rocked the uniform?
    hmu ladies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Boy scouts are the devil

You are the devil. I expect to see you in your boy scouts suit on wednesday.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    I was forced into it for two years. I took no participation in any activity except for the sports portion. I just really didnt want to be there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I was a girl scout when I was young. I was only a daisy and brownie and then the troop got shut down, I guess but yeah. lol. I don't remember it much.

DER HUMPINK

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I was in scouts, ended up getting to Eagle. I never really took it too seriously though. I actually enjoyed my time in scouts because I had a good group of people. We were the people who would go camping and just do whatever the hell we wanted. Have some great memories from back in the day haha

Probably the best thing I did was go to something called Philmont which is basically a hiking thing out in New Mexico. It was a 10day, 100+ Mile hike. It was tough, but it was an awesome time

As a bonus, when I got to Eagle, I sent out letters to all these organizations and got a ton of free swag xD
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by chiro View Post
    Boy scouts are the devil

You are the devil. I expect to see you in your boy scouts suit on wednesday.
    Girl you will have to get me drunk beyond measure for that happen, I don't don the tan uniform for just anyone

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I was forced into it for two years. I took no participation in any activity except for the sports portion. I just really didnt want to be there.
    I was kinda the same, though I was in it from Tiger Cub to Life Scout. I never really cared for the lessons taught, I mostly just dicked around with my friends. Still good times though

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brittanee View Post
    I was a girl scout when I was young. I was only a daisy and brownie and then the troop got shut down, I guess but yeah. lol. I don't remember it much.
    You missed out on some good cookies. My niece just became a girl scout, I'm hoping for a friends and family discount on some thin mints
    hmu ladies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    Girl you will have to get me drunk beyond measure for that happen, I don't don the tan uniform for just anyone
    We got this.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I was in scouts, ended up getting to Eagle. I never really took it too seriously though. I actually enjoyed my time in scouts because I had a good group of people. We were the people who would go camping and just do whatever the hell we wanted. Have some great memories from back in the day haha

Probably the best thing I did was go to something called Philmont which is basically a hiking thing out in New Mexico. It was a 10day, 100+ Mile hike. It was tough, but it was an awesome time

As a bonus, when I got to Eagle, I sent out letters to all these organizations and got a ton of free swag xD
    Right on, my brother went to Philmont. I was never much for backpacking, but he gave me a backpack that some company donated to him for his trip there. It's been years and that thing still holds up like a beast, it's one of the best things I own.

Agreed though, some of my best memories are hanging around the campfire with the people who were in my troop. Having a few friends made the whole ordeal worth it
    hmu ladies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    Right on, my brother went to Philmont. I was never much for backpacking, but he gave me a backpack that some company donated to him for his trip there. It's been years and that thing still holds up like a beast, it's one of the best things I own.

Agreed though, some of my best memories are hanging around the campfire with the people who were in my troop. Having a few friends made the whole ordeal worth it
    I was never one for backpacking before that trip either. I had never actually done any of the backpacking trips. I was more down for the camping, white water and stuff like that. But the backpacking was one of the most rewarding trips I've got on. Plus, I got to go with my dad and brother, it was great.

Right? The sitting around the fire is great. I've gone camping a few times with some friends in the past few years and chillin by the fire is always chill. But now we sit around with beer and cigars, so, a bit more fun xD
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I was never one for backpacking before that trip either. I had never actually done any of the backpacking trips. I was more down for the camping, white water and stuff like that. But the backpacking was one of the most rewarding trips I've got on. Plus, I got to go with my dad and brother, it was great.

Right? The sitting around the fire is great. I've gone camping a few times with some friends in the past few years and chillin by the fire is always chill. But now we sit around with beer and cigars, so, a bit more fun xD
    Haha man, I can't imagine going from rarely backpacking to backpacking across Philmont, that must have been nuts. I always preferred camping at the summer camps, no backpacking required. I only went on one backpacking trip, solely because my Dad absolutely loved the site we were at. My brothers were too much older than me for us to share many experiences, so oh well.

Haha man chilling around the fire is the ultimate method for brotherly bonding. Sharing stories, throwing shit in the fire, stealing each others' seats on the log when someone gets up to pee, you can't beat it. Every living room in the modern age is centered around the television, but before that it must have been the fire

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chiro View Post
    We got this.
    Pft, you wish. I know how you ladies love a man in uniform
    hmu ladies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-13-2014)