5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterWings View Post
    Thank you Rachel! It's really nice to meet you as well.

What kind of things interest you? =)
    I'm definitely a scientist at heart.
    I work in forensics, I guess it's kinda gross sometimes, LOL, but I'm really passionate about it and love what I do, so that's good.
    Other than that, I've been trying to learn a lot more about nutrition as I've been practicing new healthy lifestyle changes for 8 months now or so - I think between work and challenging myself in that way, re-learning all that I have about the way the human body functions and seeing it in action has generally just been my greatest passion this year, which I've really enjoyed.

Other than that, I tend to keep things pretty surface-level and light-hearted.
    I love cats, crafting, (certain) gaming, singing, dancing, and generally just observing the things and people around me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Hello @(you need an account to see links) ( I think this is how I do it maybe?!).

It's nice to meet youuuuu!

Ps. I wear a Mocking Jay pin on my jacket <3.
    Yep! Likewise, seems like you've got good taste!
    PM if you need any help or anything! ^__^

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    I'm definitely a scientist at heart.
    I work in forensics, I guess it's kinda gross sometimes, LOL, but I'm really passionate about it and love what I do, so that's good.
    Other than that, I've been trying to learn a lot more about nutrition as I've been practicing new healthy lifestyle changes for 8 months now or so - I think between work and challenging myself in that way, re-learning all that I have about the way the human body functions and seeing it in action has generally just been my greatest passion this year, which I've really enjoyed.

Other than that, I tend to keep things pretty surface-level and light-hearted.
    I love cats, crafting, (certain) gaming, singing, dancing, and generally just observing the things and people around me.

I actually work in the Health industry and have been doing my own transformation for a little over a year and a half now! It's been quite the journey and i'm feeling a lot better. What have you been doing? And what made you want to change? For myself, I had been struggling with stomach issues for years and finally had enough of it. I have learned that i'm sensitive to gluten and have switched to mainly organic/natural/free range. Also have cut out most sugars (but I still do go on benders sometimes hehe).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I actually work in the Health industry and have been doing my own transformation for a little over a year and a half now! It's been quite the journey and i'm feeling a lot better. What have you been doing? And what made you want to change? For myself, I had been struggling with stomach issues for years and finally had enough of it. I have learned that i'm sensitive to gluten and have switched to mainly organic/natural/free range. Also have cut out most sugars (but I still do go on benders sometimes hehe).
    Awesome! It's always good to find new people for support, who know what it's like to actively be working to change and improve to a healthier lifestyle.
    There are a lot of really supportive people in my life, but it seems like there are always just those handful that are determined to cancel it out, so every little bit of support and sharing of knowledge helps, imo!

I started out doing the Super Shred Diet, mostly because I was really overweight and had just had enough.
    I've been trying to work up the courage to post some progress pictures on here, but I think I'd like to wait until just a little bit more progress first.
    The Super Shred Diet is like a "5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day" diet, and now I've just kind-of adopted and morphed it into a low-carb diet that works really well for me.
    I eat a looooooot of spinach and kale salads, fresh veggies, sometimes fresh fruit, lean proteins, etc.
    I've loved it. I definitely feel so much better - I allow myself "cheat days" once a week, and even though I love them, they definitely remind me why I've committed myself to a healthier lifestyle when I get all sluggish and feel uncomfortable. xD

I know a looooooot of friends who are either dairy free or gluten free. I guess the diet I follow is mostly dairy-free/gluten-free anyway, hahaha, but thankfully, I'm lucky enough not to have to deal with a sensitivity or allergy when I do feel like splurging on something.

I also work out for at least an hour 5x per week... it used to be just straight cardio, but I've started incorporating a lot of static core exercises and some weight training to help lean and tone the muscles that are kind-of *finally* starting to make an appearance. xD

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Welcome to the forum!

I am, I actually am really into birth charts and how we are affected by our surroundings. I took some Astrology courses in University and they were wonderful. I've done a bit of research on the Cosmo's, but I adore the imagery. Thinking outside the box sets me into fear sometimes and although it's thrilling I tend to shut myself back into the box. But I definitely have interest in energy.

Thanks for the welcome
    I try to remember to think outside of the box in all situations.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Hi and welcome! I love Zelda and Mario too My hubby is replaying Zelda on our old N64 as we speak

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Welcome to ck!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbygrape View Post
    Hi and welcome! I love Zelda and Mario too My hubby is replaying Zelda on our old N64 as we speak
    Sorry I went MIA for a while, work was intense and now I have a break so i'm trying to catch up on my gaming hehe. Sounds like you guys are the perfect couple!

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Awesome! It's always good to find new people for support, who know what it's like to actively be working to change and improve to a healthier lifestyle.
    There are a lot of really supportive people in my life, but it seems like there are always just those handful that are determined to cancel it out, so every little bit of support and sharing of knowledge helps, imo!

I started out doing the Super Shred Diet, mostly because I was really overweight and had just had enough.
    I've been trying to work up the courage to post some progress pictures on here, but I think I'd like to wait until just a little bit more progress first.
    The Super Shred Diet is like a "5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day" diet, and now I've just kind-of adopted and morphed it into a low-carb diet that works really well for me.
    I eat a looooooot of spinach and kale salads, fresh veggies, sometimes fresh fruit, lean proteins, etc.
    I've loved it. I definitely feel so much better - I allow myself "cheat days" once a week, and even though I love them, they definitely remind me why I've committed myself to a healthier lifestyle when I get all sluggish and feel uncomfortable. xD

I know a looooooot of friends who are either dairy free or gluten free. I guess the diet I follow is mostly dairy-free/gluten-free anyway, hahaha, but thankfully, I'm lucky enough not to have to deal with a sensitivity or allergy when I do feel like splurging on something.

I also work out for at least an hour 5x per week... it used to be just straight cardio, but I've started incorporating a lot of static core exercises and some weight training to help lean and tone the muscles that are kind-of *finally* starting to make an appearance. xD
    Rachel,

Sorry I went MIA, it sounds like you've been doing quite a bit of work on yourself! Congrats. It's always great to see the improvements, I don't work out as much as I should. I've been doing Hot Yoga lately and really love it. It helps me keep calm and centered. I weigh 115lbs so i'm not really trying to lose weight just tone. Do you take any supplements to help with the weight loss?

I use to be super self concious, but since beginning my journey i've found a spark of confidence and have really started to love who I am =)!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I try to remember to think outside of the box in all situations.

Joe, Thanks for the welcome. I slacked on responding but i'm definitely back now. Thinking outside the box is way more fun than inside .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welcome! I am a newbie as well and new to this forum but so far I like it here already