Thread: When do you consider yourself in a relationship ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

When do you consider yourself in a relationship ?

I really dislike being in that in-between zone where you just don't really know what you are with someone. I'm with this guy atm and I really enjoy being with him, we've spent quite some time together and we've kissed and everything, but today I asked him about it and he said it was 'too quick'. I don't really bother not being official or anything, but it's making me feel uncomfortable because I always see this as a way to keep an open door to leave without excuses. For my part, we're in a relationship and that's mostly what I tell people, with reserve. I usually go something like ; well, not officialy, but we don't see or are planning on seeing anyone else, so basically yes.

Either way, when do you feel like the relationship is on ? When do you become a couple ? I know for some people it's only a kiss, for others it's way more.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    When I'm dating someone, I'll usually consider myself 'in a relationship' after we've had some kind of conversation establishing that. But yeah for me, it's usually a talk I need to have. Though obviously that's not going to be the same for everyone, if you are both seeing each other exclusively then I would feel as though I'm in a relationship even though it's not..'official' I guess haha. Apologies if that made no sense.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allegra For This Useful Post:

Foxglove (10-10-2014),Maths (10-09-2014),Sakuras (10-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    For me; When you go to a strip club and eye a girl with a fat ass and realize you need to save her, that's when

But forreal tho, I don't think I'd ever have a conversation about it or label it after an event.
    It just comes gradually, a slip of the tongue maybe or a mutual realization.
    Unless she wanna talk about it then ok, not me tho.

Peta's relationship conversations be like;

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Allegra (10-10-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'm in the same boat as Peta, essentially I always end up having the conversation where we establish that we're in a relationship and both want it to be exclusive (whether I initiated it or not). It just helps to clarify things so we're both on the same page, and so neither of us has to sit there wondering So for myself, (personally) I wouldn't feel like I was in a relationship unless I had that conversation

I read this Glamour article about how a huge portion of women these days aren't sure if they've been on a "date" with a guy they think they're dating, and I can totally relate to that because usually guys will just be like "Hey, want to watch x movie with me" or "Want to go and get lunch/dinner with me?" etc and that's just super ambiguous.