2/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    30d 8h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

☆{Munna's Custom Plushies} ☆ Handmade Plushies - Filled with Love! ❤

*There's a lot of text and information in this thread! Please consider reading it all before contacting me!*
    Hello, and welcome to my little shop of squishy wonders! I'd like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has shown interest in my project and is willing to help my fulfill my dream of becoming a full-time plushie maker! I hope to walk you through my process, pricing, and everything you'll need to know to commission a plushie from me, so please stick with me. IMPORTANT: These are hand-made plushies that I buy the materials for and put my TIME into. They are not mass produced, low-quality, cheap toys. Please consider how much time and effort go into these and don't expect them to be a $5 knockoff. Thanks and happy browsing! 8D

So, You Want a Plushie?
    Lucky for you and me, the possibilities for your custom plushie are literally endless! There are many aspects, however, that you must consider when ordering a custom plush. Let's start with the basic: What do you want your plush to be? Here are a few visual examples of some things to choose from! I DID NOT MAKE THESE SPECIFIC PLUSHIES. THIS IS FOR YOUR VISUAL BENEFIT AND IDEAS.

You've Got Your General Idea! Now for Fabric!
    This part is incredibly important for the overall look and feel of your plush! You've got lots of options for this part, but I've narrowed it down to three to make this part a little easier to present. Please give this portion a good deal of thought so you don't regret your decision!

The first option here is Minky fabric which is the most expensive option. This material is by far the best in texture and quality, however it is not the most cost efficient (around $2-8 per square foot depending on color). The second option here is Anti-Pill Fleece which is moderately priced and my default fabric choice. It is still good quality and it's nice and soft for a more reasonable price ($1.50-4 per square foot depending on color). The last option here is Felt fabric which is very inexpensive but has a much rougher, less movable feel to it. Felt is a great option for small details ($0.50-$2 per square foot depending on color) but I would not recommend a plushie be made entirely from this fabric unless that is the look you specifically desire!

Now You've Got a Pretty Good Idea! It's Time for Details!
    Now that you've got a basic idea down, it's time to pick out some of the most important details to making your plushie really come to life in your desired image! You've got your basic stuff to choose such as size, pose, colors, etc. but there are some details that will really make your plush come to life. The first of these details being the eyes and small details such as marks, scars, mouth, nose, and much more! You have a choice here that will effect the overall look of your plushie: embroidery or clay details.

Essentially, embroidery is basically patches of string that create a polished, more official look. This is what is most commonly found among "official" plushies and it can add real life and emotion to your plush. Clay is molded with the desired colors and baked to maintain the shape. This is a more simple and economical option which can add a nice touch to your plushies for much less of a cost! Lastly, they are filled with Polyfil Stuffing which is a cheap & quality stuffing option, but please let me know if you have any fabric or stuffing allergies!

Pricing Breakdown!
    Now for the most important part! How much will your plushie cost to make? For now, I am running a special deal to help me get started with my business. If you wish to commission me, I will only charge material cost to make your plushie and that's it! I need some examples to post to give me some credibility so I feel this will really help me. I will not charge you a penny if you are not 100% satisfied with the look and quality of your plushie, however I ask that you kindly not commission me if you don't at least have the intentions of buying the finished product. The only additional cost is shipping so please consider the size of your commission and your distance from me (Ohio, United States) to help minimize your additional cost.

Shipping!
    In order for you to receive your plush, you will have to send me your/an address so I can mail the plushie to you! If you are not comfortable with this, we can try to do this through a third party of sorts or whatever option you are most comfortable with. I have many people who can vouch for me and my character, so please let me know what I can do to make this process as easy on you as possible. You pay for shipping, but I will help to calculate it for you so you consider if you still want a commission!

Final Words!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to tread through this post! I hope I can work with you in the future. 8)
    A little recap: I'm creating plushies right now with my labor and time being free for my practice and to thank you for trusting in me! I will quote you material cost when you let me know what kind of commission you want. If you're not satisfied with the finished product, I will kindly keep it and try again at a later time if you wish.

Important: I do not currently have an embroidery machine, so I cannot embroider details for the time being. If you want a simple plushie now, and an embroidered one later I will give you a heavy discount. Tips are appreciated but not at all required.

Thanks so much, again!

DUE TO ER TRIPS AND COMPLICATIONS, I MAY BE A BIT SLOWER WITH GETTING THIS STARTED UP. I APOLOGIZE DEEPLY!
    Last edited by Munna; 10-12-2014 at 09:52 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Munna For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-09-2014),Demetri (10-09-2014),Lindsay (10-09-2014),Misha (10-09-2014),Ryan~ (10-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    This sounds amazing
    Free JD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (10-09-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Can you give an example of a "simple" plushie please?

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (10-09-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    30d 8h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow so I will PM you some examples hot off the press! I may also be investing in an embroidery machine earlier than expected!
    (you need an account to see links)

Want a spiffy userbar? Request one
    on my thread. ^

I will continue adding free-to-use
    userbars & Pokemon Ryugotchis!

& thank you @dankRUSE for this
    amazing drawing! ;-;

(you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Munna For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-09-2014)

Pronouns
    she/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    @(you need an account to see links) Could you give me a price quote and an example made by you on a MLP plushie? o: Differences in price for size as well, please

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (10-10-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    30d 8h 44m