20/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I don't think we should because it would open up an entirely new can of worms for human rights. People will start saying clones have no rights, others will defend them, and it'll be one giant mess for society.
    I watched a movie the other day which used the term "artificial incest" as in a family member dies and you give birth to their copy. Well in this movie children known to be clones were bullied at school, most regular people would have nothing to do with them. Parents would not let their children play with them and one of the "regular" kids even said that "copies" had a bad smell even though his best friend was unknownly a clone. I think this is along the lines of the attitudes some people would have towards these people if this ever came about. There would be issues with rights and public attitude and also identity problems.. especially if you knew you literally were someone else.. it would mess you up at least somewhat.

Unless we're just... you know, popping clones all full grown out of a pod.. cause that's something different.. and more creepy imo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nothing to say about it...

This is stupid for me, is just the way that the human is following to feel powerfull.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I would accept the human cloning as long as they only clone cells/organs, because our own body is made of cloned cells so I don't care if they clone cells or organs to help people or to avoid transplants rejection.

But cloning humans like cloning mices, I'm totally against that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I actually support the idea to full extent, I don't find it bizarre.. I mean logically speaking we are just creating a new life but only that its genetic configuration is gonna be cloned, the clone will be its own individual as it grows up, I have no idea if genetic memories exists but instincts do however its the environment that shapes the individuality of an organism.. you clone Einstein doesn't mean your gonna create the Einstein we had.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    There is nothing wrong with saving lives via growing organs with cells, but I believe there should be a fine line, a "boundary" as to what cloning must and must not do. Cloning a whole person will increase the population and never decrease it, as it is humans are so overpopulated. I believe that the more overpopulated we are the better chance of having another world war just to contain the population. So I do not agree on cloning a whole person just to live longer...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really don't think that human cloning should be legal. I actually wrote a research paper arguing against it. Cloning is just too much power to allow for humans and I could easily see it corrupt our society.