72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Human cloning?

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human. It does not usually refer to monozygotic multiple births nor the reproduction of human cells or tissue. The ethics of cloning is an extremely controversial issue.
    The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.

From (you need an account to see links), the free encyclopedia

Are you for or against? Should it be legal or not? Why?

I personnally think that human cloning should be legal for reproducting cells and/or tissues. Like using (you need an account to see links) to make organs. This would be amazing to almost fully heal serious diseases like cancer.

Remember (you need an account to see links) before posting, such as : no flaming/harassment, no spam, post sources and minimum of 3-5 sentences per reply.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I am definitely against human cloning. Now, trying to grow organs out of cells is one thing, especially as it would help the community at large, but making a new human by artificial means is different. Besides, not only could these experiments go horribly wrong, but the Earth is becoming overpopulated as it is. So no, I am against it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GOAT For This Useful Post:

janikanicolepi (01-18-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree that human cloning shouldn't be allowed. Every person is unique and using the same cells to make a younger twin would be strange. There are enough possibilities to have a child when you can't make one.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    I agree that human cloning shouldn't be allowed. Every person is unique and using the same cells to make a younger twin would be strange. There are enough possibilities to have a child when you can't make one.
    I am TOTALLY against this. If you made clones for organs aswell that would be terrible, it would be like human torture. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    If you made clones for organs aswell that would be terrible, it would be like human torture. :/
    How would it be torture? If you clone an organ it is performed and grown in a petri dish, it is not made in a human and harvested like some horror movie...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah, cloning organs would more be like cultivating sperm+ovum in a pteri dish for some days. Actually some countries are working on making full organs. Some people are against because it would be like "abortion". But in my opinion there are way less ovums and spermatozoons really used to make a baby than the number that a human is creating in his life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I mean, I believe that growing organs could help many ill people. But growing a human...it just goes against nature. Humans should be created naturally, or even with the help of science. But not like this.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I do not understand how anyone could successfully pull this off or want to for that matter, you would be giving birth to the same person so would the mother giving birth give birth to a daughter/son or would she beg giving birth to her brother/sister? There are too many people on this planet anyways why would we want more, we are expected to reach 9-13 billion people by the end of the century..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Well I can only imagine that it would happen in some laboratory where egg and sperm are joined, and the resulting zygote would be put in some fluid that resembles a woman's body. It sounds very sci-fi, but that would be my guess.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    It's a thin line between creating organs/tissues and cloning full humans. I honestly don't have an opinion on the issue, one could argue it's not much different than simply going through genetic counseling, which is something loads of people have to do due to pre existing conditions or genetic conditions. If you can pick and chose traits of your future child, how is that morally fine if cloning isn't?