Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    74d 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m

Lightbulb [AGDQ/GDQX/SGDQ] Games Done Quick

Short description from Wikipedia:
    Games Done Quick is a semiannual video game speedrun charity marathon held in the United States, originally organized by the Speed Demos Archive and Speedruns Live communities. Since 2015, it has been handled by Games Done Quick, LLC.
    I'm a huge fan of the GDQ or Games Done Quick. I've been watching it for the past 2 years now and I've donated several times for their cause. I couldn't find any thread talking about it. I wonder if anyone has ever seen on youtube or playing Mario maker one of these Mario World games that are extremely hard and with tons of traps and hidden blocks. Well, those Mario games are one of my favorite categories during the GDQ. They're called the Kaizo Mario World

What's a Kaizo Mario World?

Kaizo Mario World, also known as Asshole Mario, is a series of three ROM hacks of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System video game Super Mario World, created by T. Takemoto. The term "Kaizo Mario World" is a shortened form of Jisaku no Kaizō Mario o Yūjin ni Play Saseru.
    I find them really funny and relaxing to watch. Also, these Mario World roms get beaten during the GDQ with a crowd at the back and some really good commentary too from the "couch". I wonder if anyone here has ever tried to play one of these roms or if there is someone who likes GDQ too

Here is a youtube video with the latest speedrun of a Kaizo Mario World during GDQ:
    (you need an account to see links)

There is a lot of other games that had speedruns during GDQ. What's that childhood game that took you hours to beat? Maybe someone in GDQ had already made a speedrun of it finishing it only in minutes

Super Mario 64 is one of my childhood games that took me 4 months to beat it with the 120 stars. I found out someone in GDQ beat it in less than 2 hours
    Last edited by Hazem; 07-09-2019 at 02:29 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazem For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-05-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    You missed a chance to post this during SGDQ last week, @(you need an account to see links)! Now we've only got replays until next January. I've edited your title to cover both of the events.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Hazem (07-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    74d 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    You missed a chance to post this during SGDQ last week, @(you need an account to see links)! Now we've only got replays until next January. I've edited your title to cover both of the events.
    Thanks @(you need an account to see links)! SGDQ was a blast! I though someone had already covered this event and decided to search around the forum just to find out no threads talking about this! I'll try to keep this updated during every GDQ!

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual View Post
    Thanks Odd! SGDQ was a blast! I though someone had already covered this event and decided to search around the forum just to find out no threads talking about this! I'll try to keep this updated during every GDQ!
    Don't sweat it! If you'd like to keep this topic updated, then you're welcome to have it! I've updated the title again because I forgot about GDQX. Those tend to pop up randomly throughout the year.

I love having the GDQs on in the background throughout the week. It's high energy and fun to watch!
    Last edited by Bat; 07-05-2019 at 10:43 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Hazem (07-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    74d 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Don't sweat it! If you'd like to keep this topic updated, then you're welcome to have it! I've updated the title again because I forgot about GDQX. Those tend to pop up randomly throughout the year.

I love having the GDQs on in the background throughout the week. It's high energy and fun to watch!
    You're right I think my inner GDQ fanboy went too far . Thanks for the updates! I personally watch some of these speedruns every time I can but when I can't watch them live I just watch the replays. If I see some interest in these I'll try to keep it updated.

Also, here is a Blindfolded Punch-Out!! (Wii) speedrun for anyone who is lurking

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazem For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-05-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I also saw the Funhaus spin off called Games Done Slow where they streamed for 24 hours whatever games the real stream were doing. They were drunk and did challenges throughout it when people donated. At one donation target, Jon did a spandex ribbon dance to Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing. You're welcome.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-06-2019),Hazem (07-06-2019)