12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Do you have any shiny pokemon?

Just caught my first shiny pokemon, a growlithe! Used a fire stone on it and now I have a pretty shiny arcanine. I've had shinies before but I never found or caught one myself. I got a shiny abra over wondertrade and my cousin found and gave me a shiny spearow in pokemon leaf green many years ago.

Do you have any shiny pokemon? How did you get them?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow, a shiny growlithe is actually a very nice first shiny encounter >> Oh how I'm so jealous of you...

Well let's see my first ever shiny was unfortunately a Tentacool I was surfing to Slateport city in my Sapphire version and I don't think I was paying attention but suddenly I heard the "sparklebling" sound and "AAAAAAAAH WHAT ARE YOU!?" I was so surprised! Since I was really young back then idgaf about which pokemon it was. I just caught it. And it was mine. Then I lost my Sapphire version when I accidentally left it in an airplane, I cried so hard.

Haha, it was such a wild roller coaster ride with that game...

Then other LEGIT shinies I got was a Shellder in FireRed, Voltorb in Emerald, Politoed Corsola Ferroseed and 2 Tropius in Pokemon Y! xD Fuck those Tropius. I caught one in friend safari and managed to hatch another one in the same day.

Right now I'm currently 150 eggs into hatching a WONDERFUL, AND MAJESTIC, BEEEEEAUTIFUL SHINY DUNSPARCE. Let's hope I get it soon because my patience is running out ;;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) Wow that's pretty good too, I think the shiny encounter rate increased in X and Y so finding them in earlier games is pretty impressive. I found the growlithe in the friend safari too, I was originally looking for a ninetales but hey I ain't complaining! I tried hatching a shiny for a while but got bored of that pretty fast, think I hatched about 100-200 or so pokemon before I gave up... xD

How funny was that kid who found the shiny ponyta in leafgreen/firered after 25,000 encounters

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessea For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (11-17-2014),Spoildlittleme (03-06-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    THAT VIDEO MADE ME LAUGH, when I first saw it I was in disbelief that he actually kept count on how many pokemon he encounter, I think it's such a load of bs. But maybe at the same time it isn't, who know. I hope that Ponyta is alive tho...

~VIVA LA PONYTA~

Urgh don't even mention the shiny rate up in X & Y, they've made it so easy to find shinies that I feel like it's decreasing their value. I can't say much about you though, since this was your first legit shiny...hehe...WHOOPS. The Ninetails would have been cooler tho, I prefer it rather than a Growlithe/Arcanine, but hey shinies are shinies!

As for the egg breeding, you do know how to do it properly right? I have to ask since I did have my little cousin just breeding incorrectly and on his 8th or 9th boxes of eggs xD (he was trying really hard for a shiny Froakie, poor guy...) And if you do lose motivation maybe you can push through and try to hatch a shiny of your favorite Pokemon! That's actually what has me going, you should retry it, it'd be worth it at the end

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Yep! Most of mine were from Pokecheck or trades, but I do have a few I caught myself in X/Y.

Also that shiny Ponyta vid is the besttt.

edit: i'll list all of mine later, I'm lazy

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessea View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Wow that's pretty good too, I think the shiny encounter rate increased in X and Y so finding them in earlier games is pretty impressive. I found the growlithe in the friend safari too, I was originally looking for a ninetales but hey I ain't complaining! I tried hatching a shiny for a while but got bored of that pretty fast, think I hatched about 100-200 or so pokemon before I gave up... xD

How funny was that kid who found the shiny ponyta in leafgreen/firered after 25,000 encounters

came in to post this. lolll

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have a few, I caught a shiny ponyta the other day though in the FS :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    How do you get shiny pokemon? o-o

I stopped playing my Pokemon X/Y games quite awhile ago, and I never finished them, so I'm considering restarting and trying to play them all of the way through before getting the new ones ^^

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    15d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I have quite a few! About two boxes totally full.

They're not all legit though. Some are from Pokechecker (when it used to work), some were hatched by me, some where found in the Friend Safari, and some were SV checked when that worked.

Honeydew the Ryu
    Born: September 2021

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    30d 8h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I bought a Shiny Lugia. Otherwise, I've found a shiny rattata, cascoon, and whismur over the years. Didn't know what shiny pokemon were at the time, though. x)
    (you need an account to see links)

Want a spiffy userbar? Request one
    on my thread. ^

I will continue adding free-to-use
    userbars & Pokemon Ryugotchis!

& thank you @dankRUSE for this
    amazing drawing! ;-;

(you need an account to see links)