41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

question for high schoolers/college students

This came up in a discussion, so out of curiosity I pose it to you lovely cKers:

If you had the option, would you pay to improve your grade in school? If so, how much? And to which GPA/percentage?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    On some classes only.

Classes that is required for my major but really has nothing to do with it (i.e. stats classes on a crim major)
    For the most part, no since I actually want/need to learn this stuff on my own.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    2d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I wouldn't. I'm in my second year of college and I'm doing just fine. In college you need the money for other things. If my grades were bad I would be more inclined to consider it, depending on how much money and how many people knew.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Ya, people do this. it's called going to a private school! the GPAs there are higher than at public schools

But no I wouldn't. If someone big caught on it, the school would lose accreditation and my degree would be worthless

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    2d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Somewhat related, I've also hated that some schools have weighted grades in high school for AP classes. I think if my school did that i would have over 100 . Not meaning to sound braggy btw

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Nah. I slacked off and still maintained ~3.7. My older brother pretty much did my advance math homework cause I'm beyond awful outside of basic math.

I would never let my grades slip though, so if I got to the point where I had to pay to get my grades up I really need to have my brain examined.
    or be really sick, even then i would get teachers to feel bad for me and pass me

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Garp View Post
    Classes that is required for my major but really has nothing to do with it (i.e. stats classes on a crim major)
    Unrelated, hahaha, BUT! Speaking as someone who works in the field, I regret to inform you that stats classes are actually super applicable to crim.
    Not saying I love stats. I definitely don't. But it's definitely worth knowing, unfortunately.

@ Original Question...
    I don't think I would, but I also never really struggled in school. I enjoyed learning, and I have a photographic memory, so coursework was never difficult for me.
    I can't speak from any other perspective than the one I have now, perhaps it'd be a different story for the people who work really, really hard and still just don't do well, whether from test anxiety or crap teachers/professors, etc.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garp View Post
    Unrelated, hahaha, BUT! Speaking as someone who works in the field, I regret to inform you that stats classes are actually super applicable to crim.
    Not saying I love stats. I definitely don't. But it's definitely worth knowing, unfortunately.

@ Original Question...
    I don't think I would, but I also never really struggled in school. I enjoyed learning, and I have a photographic memory, so coursework was never difficult for me.
    I can't speak from any other perspective than the one I have now, perhaps it'd be a different story for the people who work really, really hard and still just don't do well, whether from test anxiety or crap teachers/professors, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    @(you need an account to see links) Had no idea. Just kinda threw out some random class/major as an example lol[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR @(you need an account to see links) Had no idea. Just kinda threw out some random class/major as an example lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    LOL oh good, phew.
    I was like oh no, dear god, they're going to be so disappointed when they learn stats doesn't end after college...

*sob*

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I'd consider it depending on what I want to do for grad schools and stuff. Thre's a lot of bullshit involved there anyway, so I might as well play/pay along... but I don't really know which path I'm taking next.

If it was just for me...there wouldn't be a point because I'd feel too guilty like I hadn't earned it.