44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Hmm I would rather just stick to a nexus and a lg 360 watch:

Apple is ok for those into iphones (usually people who haven't used a android before) but I dont really see much to justify a upgrade unless you are getting it free for renewing a contract or something.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    UM tbh i think it's starting to look more like an android b/c bigger and the round corners are more samsung-like and i just switched from a samsung which i HATED to the 5s
    annoying that the 6 came out right after i got the 5s but i guess i knew it was coming, not sure if i wanna switch but i definitely wouldn't go for the bigger one
    they said they estimated that "phablets" ie. phone tablets (has anyone ever used that term before idek) are gonna outsell laptops in a bit and i guess they're appealing to more people by making the bigger version too but personally i hate how big phones can get and i'd go for the regular one if i got it.
    besides the look though i don't see much of a difference between new phones ever. like the 4, 4s, 5, 5s were all pretty much the same with minor adjustments and obviously faster and better cameras and whatnot, the 5c went back to like iphone 3 style but bigger and now the 6 is just like??? probably a disappointment as well but i guess there isn't much left to add to phones that all they can really do is change the looks and improve what's already there.
    IT ANNOYS ME THOUGH because some people still have the iphone 4/4s and it works fast and is wayy cheaper than the newer ones but the new models just get more and more expensive and there's no point??? okay done ranting but yeah tbh not overly impressed with the 6 from what i've seen so far

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    14d 20h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    i'm not actually all that excited for the iphone 6. maybe i'm just biased tho because my 5s is my baby.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    9d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I might pick up an iPhone 6 Plus during the holidays (where there are bonuses involved). Too heavily invested into iTunes with all my apps and such. I've gotten a Nexus 7 and a few hundred dollars in Google Play credit so I'm slowly moving away from my iPad (lol, no flash really screws it up for most sites).

What irks me is that Canadian carriers (because of two year contracts) are forcing everyone to move towards $80+ plans if you wanted >3GB of data (increased average revenue per user). Even if I were to buy it outright on no contract, they won't give me the 10% off on my current $65 plan (6GB of data) even though they're not subsidizing anything but if I get their $80 plan, they'll gladly give me 10% off if I bring my own phone.

And if I wanted them to subsidize the phone price? $80 plan for 4GB of data instead of 6GB. The subsidy is valued at $21/month so at most, I'd be saving is actually $6 or so per month ($80-$21=$59) if I went on contract. I rarely use more than 200 minutes a month anyway and texting is all that matters (I have thousands of texts a month). All because our silly Canadians thought a 2 year contract is better than a 3 year contract. The carriers just used that excuse to raise prices significantly so it also screws people who aren't on contract with more expensive plans overall. Even if you were on a 3 year plan, it was easy enough to get a nice plan and get a hardware upgrade for practically free every 2 years. Heck, I got my new iPhone 5 2 years ago with a $65 plan with 6GB and was hoping to renew this year like usual but everything is so fucked up now in terms of prices.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I am not getting the new Iphone 6 I am happy with my Iphone 5s.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    In 2012, Android developed the Nexus 4:

With very very eerily similar features, the iPhone 6 is definitely nothing new...but why are people flocking to it if Android developed the same thing two years ago?

Marketing

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    In 2012, Android developed the Nexus 4:

With very very eerily similar features, the iPhone 6 is definitely nothing new...but why are people flocking to it if Android developed the same thing two years ago?

Marketing
    Well that image is kind of a stretch I mean my blackberry 3 years ago could do battery stats , predictive text , notifications there is nothing about cpu or ram ect.... Not that it even matters to much as most iphone apps work across all there devices so a 6 might be able to render better stuff than a 4s for e.g but why would someone make apps just for the 6?

The one thing that annoys me most with apple is when the 6 is out they will within a year or two put out a ios update that does not work with the 4/4s. Your 4/4s will forever show you are on the latest ios when its not and whenn you try to download a app from the app store you will be told that you need the latest ios (that you cannot get). This happened to me on the 3gs I installed a edited version of the firmware for the latest ios and it worked fine..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Marketing, and the eco systems they've become a part of over the last 6-8 years or so.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Iphone is such a quality build , such quality materials... oh wait.....

But But! this is normal for big phones surely?

I would defiantly consider sending a plus version back right now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

j03 (09-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte View Post
    Iphone is such a quality build , such quality materials... oh wait.....

But But! this is normal for big phones surely?

I would defiantly consider sending a plus version back right now.
    Steve Jobs is doing somersaults in his grave LOL. I highly doubt he'd approve something so low quality
    Tim Cook is a CEO that likes to appease shareholders and has I guess decided to do that with lower costs

Apparently the 6 plus costs $15 more to make than the 6...yeah I can see that lol. so it's $85 right in their pockets because they sell it for a $100 more. good one lol
    Last edited by Sociopath; 09-23-2014 at 11:49 PM.