Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I made a sparkledog-ish design for an app just for the luls and GOT THE PET (It wasn't like an UC, it was a like, mid converted) and I Was like oshoot now what..... He's been revamped now XD But I was like freakin' out because I was expecting to be rejected. They thought my app was funny, and more sincere than any of the others XD

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i think there's more good things to say about the art community than bad and hey i have no problem with people who like their neopet drawn as is or with a crazy design. i mean some love the customization and are very detailed with it. a lot of people who are annoying are just young and dont really know any better! as for not getting your half of an art trade, that happens on almost any site where art is exchanged, not just neopets.

my neopets specific pet peeves have to do more with the bc-- the argument of traditional vs. digital, for example. but even then in real life you will find snobs like that. theres a guy that shares a mutual friend w/ me and he is an art major and makes it his point to shit all over my digital art hobby whenever he sees me b/c it's "not art."

tl;dr problem people in the neopets art community are probably either 1. young 2. a douchebag you'd encounter in another art excursion thats not on neopets. if you want to show off your art, i suggest posting on the art chat rather than the pc. art chat moves slower but you are much more likely to receive better comments and people that are more aware about the boundaries of plagiarism/theft.

i find the art community one of the most likable communities on neopets. way better than pcers. there's a couple really nice art guilds i could point out to you if you would like! not sure if youre a guild type.

except gorubeza, watch out for gorubeza, she takes zero criticism even tho her art could seriously be improved, constantly wants art w/o giving any in return even tho her designs are so stupidly intricate, hated anthro designed pets and refused to vote for them (not sure if she still does) and would DEMAND people told her if they voted for her pets in the bc so she could keep track of votes and would harass you via neomail (not sure if she still does this either. p sure she doesnt. i bc sporadically and i havent seen her do this in a while.)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (08-25-2014),Mangle (08-27-2014),MonsterMann (08-23-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Nopes.
    Last edited by simmie; 08-23-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Pronouns
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i dont really think so! art chat is so chill. pc is hella scary. avatar chat can be, too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (08-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Yeh, The art chat themselves are pretty chill. I'm pretty shy on the boards themselves tho, so it seems the only like, people who say stuff to me are the people who just happen upon my page while I'm bumping board.
    Pfft ew people who don't like digital art. I cant draw traditionally very well, I just make to many mistakes and stuff, so digital is a life saver XD
    And I just looked at that girl's pets. Wowwie those are some complicated designs

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    15d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I had a bad experience with that girl too. ;o; I was doing some art requests on the board, and stated that if I felt like drawing the design, I would neomail them. I politely declined her request, because her designs were super complicated and I'm not that good at mechanical/armor stuff, and she just kept bugging me and bugging me to give it a try anyway. I mean, it's free art, it's not like I owe anybody anything.

Plus I sell commissions on other sites as my sole source of income now. Blatantly asking for free work after I've already declined your request is kinda bad. :<

But most people I meet on the art boards are really sweet! It's just a few pushy people that sort of spoil it. My "art idols" on Neopets as a kid are what inspired me to draw in the first place.

Honeydew the Ryu
    Born: September 2021

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinnamoon For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (08-25-2014),Sprite (08-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I kinda get the customization thing though, at least for me. since I like anthro :3 I want the drawing to have the same customization in the drawing.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slytherin For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (08-25-2014),Maki (08-23-2014),Q*bert (08-25-2014)

Pronouns
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnamoon View Post
    I had a bad experience with that girl too. ;o; I was doing some art requests on the board, and stated that if I felt like drawing the design, I would neomail them. I politely declined her request, because her designs were super complicated and I'm not that good at mechanical/armor stuff, and she just kept bugging me and bugging me to give it a try anyway. I mean, it's free art, it's not like I owe anybody anything.

Plus I sell commissions on other sites as my sole source of income now. Blatantly asking for free work after I've already declined your request is kinda bad. :<

But most people I meet on the art boards are really sweet! It's just a few pushy people that sort of spoil it. My "art idols" on Neopets as a kid are what inspired me to draw in the first place.
    yeah i have a bunch of art idols from back in the day too.

but seriously tho gorubeza needs to stop hounding people for art esp when her designs are complex... i mean complex w/o mecha is one thing but... lol mecha designs... how about no. anyone who draws robot pets well is amazing to me. i do commissions as an aside to my job, haven't taken any in a while tho-- people need to be more appreciative of those doing art requests and their right to turn someone down! well. those that aren't appreciative are a minority.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    12d 14h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    There are good days and bad days. Good people and bad people. The art side of Neopets is no different. :3
    I am definitely not that artistic... I used to never do art, and I was getting upset because I wanted art but had no refs, which meant hardly anyone (if anyone, even) would do art for me.
    So, that's when I started doing art for my own pets. o3o

I've improved a tooooon since then, but I still have a lot of room for improvement.

Regarding the gorubeza person;; Once you get on her 'good' side, she isn't too bad. But I'm a 'friend' of hers and she constantly hounds me for art of her pets. I just say 'Yeah I'll eventually do something for you' and in like the one year+ I've known her I've only done like two things of art for her I think xD But yeah she hoards art and stuff, so I feel like it shouldn't even matter if I do wind up doing art for her. I mostly just decided to do the two I did for art practice purposes, since I have some characters of my own that are robotic/have armor, and decided to use her designs as practice heh.

Oh. An art trade story.
    I had a board up, and a list of pets I wanted done.
    I finished my end, and then the person ended up doing art for one of my pets without a design, after I'd said 'You can do any of my pets from my first post.' /facedesks.
    I told them that then they were like 'Oh sorry I thought you meant any pet of yours' xD
    But, they were nice about it and did another design instead, so it was all good. :3

make me mewtwo banners and an avatar? <3

ALWAYS SEEKING
    Art, graphics, & layouts for Neopets! HMU if you're interested in making some!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really adore the art on Neopets too.