7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

EvelSaint Manga Review #1:Dragon Ball

Title: DragonBall
    Author/Artist:Akira Toriyama
    Publication:1984-1995
    Chapters:519 i.e 42 Volumes

Genre:(you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links)

The manga will be judged on two factors:

Plot
    Art Work

I will post a synopsis along with a few samples from the manga so you can take a look at the artwork itself. If possible, I will link a sit where you can read it directly. The synopsis is written with my own words and not copied off any site.

Synopsis: A young genius inventor, Bulma, is on a quest to find 7 mystical objects that is said to summon the dragon Deity capable of granting any wish. During her travels, she encounter Son Goku, a naive young boy who is a strong martial artist. She convince to help her on on the quest to finds the seven Dragon Balls. However, they are not the only ones looking for the Dragon balls. Goku will find friends in unlikely places, challenges to overcome, and villains to defeat. It is an adventure of a lifetime!

An action packed manga with plenty of comedy and fighting scenes!

Plot: 4.0
    Art: 4.6
    Total: 8.6 / 10

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Personal review: Dragon Ball is definitely a cornerstone in the history of manga/anime. This is the prequel to the even more famous Saga, Dragon Ball Z which is known World Wide. In Dragon Ball, there are a few ecchi scenes, not too many, the artwork is unique but stable in it's approach and gradually get's better over time. This is perfect reading for young teens and even adults! This is a great manga to start off with for battle/comedy.

So for the plot, I gave a 4.0 because while the concept was loosely based on finding the Dragon balls, it focused on Goku as the protagonist and his development and training for the Strongest Under Heaven Tournament. First of all, this is a weekly publication meaning that every chapter was released weekly and the manga Author had no idea how long the series will run for. Due to this, there are a few discrepancies that will pop up later through out the book but 519 chapters is a lot that you cannot plan for.
    The art is pretty stable and Dragon Ball actually served as an inspiration for many future current manga artist of today including the Number One Most Sold Manga in the World, One Piece.

You will find this manga to uphold the idea of self improvement, every time you get beaten down, you just pick yourself up and make yourself stronger.

I hope that you will take the time out to check the manga out, give the first ten chapters or so a shot, or if you already have read it, maybe you have time to re-read it and re-discover how great this is.

Here is a link to a site that host all the chapters, the quality is obviously not as good as the ones you will find in the bookstore as these were scanned and translated from the magazine directly, there will be some high quality chapters and a few that were terribly done but don't let it detract you from enjoying this!

(you need an account to see links)

Sample image

Please Comment and discuss below.

If you have read this, post what you like/dislike.
    If you haven't read this, is this interesting enough for you to check out?
    If you checked it out, is it good/bad?

What do you rate it?

Last edited by Evelsaint; 02-05-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So anyone read it yet? Or tried it out?