49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

Devastation and a push for Motivation [Sadnes Warning]

Let me preface this with "I never liked cats." I never liked how impersonable a lot of them are. Whenever you meet one that is all lovey, of course, you are abound with happiness. Well, 6 months ago, my girlfriend brought home this little Orange guy. Tiny, confused, and likely frightened.
    There are already a small dog and a few cats here, so he was quite nervous? Nope. Didn't take shit from anyone. In faact, I found myself saving him from the boppings, and little bullyings of the veterans. Him, not sure what to ever do with himself, would always loaf up. But, his colour became lighter, he looked like a potato. "Spud!" I shouted, "you're Soud!. My Spud Bud". This little dude perches on me, follows me around, yells for cheese from my sandwiches (tiny corners), best friend stuff guys.

Never did I think I could have such a fun little dude around, even with this high energy pup around, I found myself loving this little guy more, and more, each day. Last week, though, he started not doing things he was for thepast 6 months. He'd been sleepin through breakfast, not screaming at 3 am, very weird. I figured, "he's getting used to the sleep schedule! Awesome!" He finally comes down for some begging..I was so happy! I gave him an entire patte tube, he scraffed it down..he drank a ton of water..something is wrong...Next day, we drop him at the vet. It's FIP. a 5% chance it was even able to happen o the kitten in the first place. I had to tell them to take my kid to the Rainbow Bridge. And I am broken for it.

I now sleep with a little squishamellow, with a weight on the bottom of it, on my chest. I can't sleep otherwise...Please, go hug your fur babies. I just wanted to vent, because my heart is broken. I think she's bringing the ashes home tonight...
    Last edited by SomeClown; 19 Hours Ago at 08:24 PM.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (20 Hours Ago),Alister (5 Hours Ago),Ice (36 Minutes Ago),kittyray (20 Hours Ago),Meepit (10 Hours Ago),Patamon (48 Minutes Ago),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (17 Hours Ago),Teakwood (17 Minutes Ago)

Pronouns
    Anything
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 27m
    God, I am so sorry. That has to be devastating. Long enough to grow attached, but taken much too soon...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SkeithLunch For This Useful Post:

♥ SomeClown ♥ (20 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I feel this one deeply because a couple of years ago we lost a spunky, loving little grey tabby to FIP.

It's a wretched disease that takes young ones from us before they have a chance to become the amazing adult kitties they deserve to be.

I hope that someday you find the space in your heart for another little meow. For now, I hope that you have support and comfort. You are not alone.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (16 Hours Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I feel this one deeply because a couple of years ago we lost a spunky, loving little grey tabby to FIP.

It's a wretched disease that takes young ones from us before they have a chance to become the amazing adult kitties they deserve to be.

I hope that someday you find the space in your heart for another little meow. For now, I hope that you have support and comfort. You are not alone.
    the worst part is my VERY significant other works with animals, and she was sending me videos of sweet cats, thinking it would help. I'm doing my best, but I know I need this time to heal. To have all that power stripped from you. They left so confortably, though. snuggling me under my throat, his favourite thing to do :') -breaks-
    If the one thing I could do for him, was be a strong daddy, I hope I did my job well. "He didn't seem scared at all", the woman said.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

Ice (36 Minutes Ago),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (5 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    16d 15h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    My darling, I'm so sorry. That is so, so sad. He was an incredibly lucky boy to be able to be cared for so deeply in the devastatingly short amount of time he had.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

♥ SomeClown ♥ (14 Hours Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeClown View Post
    the worst part is my VERY significant other works with animals, and she was sending me videos of sweet cats, thinking it would help. I'm doing my best, but I know I need this time to heal. To have all that power stripped from you. They left so confortably, though. snuggling me under my throat, his favourite thing to do :') -breaks-
    If the one thing I could do for him, was be a strong daddy, I hope I did my job well. "He didn't seem scared at all", the woman said.
    That is 100% perfect. He knew he was loved and taken care of for every minute he was part of your life. You did everything right. Sending so many hugs!!

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 7h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I went and gave my little buddy some extra skritches and a kiss in honor of your boy. I've had him for only five months, he showed up December 1st as a sick and wormy little black and white kitten in my backyard and never left. Took a while to get his confidence up but he's fully indoors now and a total ham, we adore him. He's made of velcro. I'm not allowed to be out of his sight. It's amazing how fast an animal can find a place in your heart. Your little spud bud got to spend the time he had with a family that loved him and sounds like it was full of fun. I'm glad he had you to take care of him and to be brave enough to make the hard decision for his own sake even when it hurt you.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    i'm so sorry for the loss of your kitten. it's one of the hardest things to go through. it feels like its not fair because they deserve the world.
    i will give my kitty some extra hugs and love for you and your little spud.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Sending you all my love and condolences. As a pet mom as well, having our fur babies leave us at all is probably one of the most painful things in life and I can't yet imagine the pain you are going through right now. Your little spud sounds like an amazing cat (and poo on those who don't give them a chance!) and surely he is still by your side, even now and forever. ❤❤❤