2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    21h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

My Wii got zapped by lightning! :'(

A little while ago lightning struck a really tall tree in my backyard and went through it's roots, through the water pipe and came back to my house. My wii was a victim of the attack. I'm heartbroken because that wii has my Pokemon Ranch on it with 800+ Pokemon that are rare and special to me, my mii's and the progress for all my games.

The wii will turn on and the on button will light up green but it will not display any video. I didn't think about trying to use the remote to find sound or vibrations so I don't know if the sound still works because it already got sent for repairs at an electronics repair store. (But they might not be able to fix it :'( )

Has this happened to any of you and were you able to fix it? I don't care if that wii never plays again, I just want to get my data. How can I do this or is there a place that can do this? I'm not going to send it back to Nintendo because they will wipe all my data.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by ~❤~ View Post
    A little while ago lightning struck a really tall tree in my backyard and went through it's roots, through the water pipe and came back to my house. My wii was a victim of the attack. I'm heartbroken because that wii has my Pokemon Ranch on it with 800+ Pokemon that are rare and special to me, my mii's and the progress for all my games.

The wii will turn on and the on button will light up green but it will not display any video. I didn't think about trying to use the remote to find sound or vibrations so I don't know if the sound still works because it already got sent for repairs at an electronics repair store. (But they might not be able to fix it :'( )

Has this happened to any of you and were you able to fix it? I don't care if that wii never plays again, I just want to get my data. How can I do this or is there a place that can do this? I'm not going to send it back to Nintendo because they will wipe all my data.
    Are you sure is isnt just the audio/video cable (white,yellow,and red)?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    21h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    Are you sure is isnt just the audio/video cable (white,yellow,and red)?
    Yeah I'm sure... I tried my sister's wii with the same cables and it was fine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Maybe you can take it to game stop or somewhere similar and they can try to fix it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    I honestly doubt from what i think, there might be a part inside of it you can switch it out? Was it bad damage?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    56d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Maybe u will get lucky and get a robot zap. Or is it a chia? Maybe a pea chia. :p

Still sorry for the lost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Mophead (07-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    RIP your wii

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    happened to my wii before. I just unplugged it and let it sit for a while like about a month then turned it back on and it worked

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    21h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by thrivill29 View Post
    RIP your wii
    Nope, it's not dead!

I plugged it into the TV and there's still sound and rumbling in the remote, so I was able to get on Pokemon Ranch, feel around for the DS button and I recognized the music and withdrew all my Pokemon off of it. I'm happy to have some of my children back lol, I found these guys who are going to transfer all my game data and hopefully Mii's and Wiiware stuff to a new wii I got. So this story has a happy ending.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    7d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by ~❤~ View Post
    Nope, it's not dead!

I plugged it into the TV and there's still sound and rumbling in the remote, so I was able to get on Pokemon Ranch, feel around for the DS button and I recognized the music and withdrew all my Pokemon off of it. I'm happy to have some of my children back lol, I found these guys who are going to transfer all my game data and hopefully Mii's and Wiiware stuff to a new wii I got. So this story has a happy ending.
    Oh good!!!!!!! That's fantastic. I lost all of my pokemon games due to inclement weather too. So I know how it feels At least you'll be recovering! Woot.
    >