DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    You could actually try the P90X as well. My dad used the program a lot and was able to trim himself down to 185 (He was almost the same size as you) and he did it in a few weeks. It's definitely worth the try if you're truly motivated to do so.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If you're willing to go without carbs (bread/pasta/candy/potatoes, mostly) then I'll suggest r/keto

I was almost in exactly the same boat as you; 21-22, 5'5", ~245lbs, female(?). Did the keto thing, didn't really add much exercise except walking around town when it was nice / walking laps in academic buildings while I waited for classes to start. Lost 50 pounds over the course of the academic year, got lazy and started eating my favorite foods over summer because I love pasta, didn't really gain any back. I've been hovering around 185-190 all summer. It's not a yo-yo diet for me. Granted, I've been staying away from mowing down entire boxes of cereal in a setting and pasta in general, but when I'm home and my mom makes pasta, I'll be damned if I'm not gonna have some. Or a bun on my burger. Things like that.

Once I lost some weight, I just started almost naturally moving more. I was bouncier. Wherever I am, I almost dance in place. I get comments on it at work ("dancing makes the computer go faster, right? haha"). It's fun.

Edit: I forgot to say that this diet allows for BACON
    BACON EVERY DAY
    BACON ALL THE TIME
    BACON ON EVERYTHING
    because bacon is fab

Plus it also allows for some fat kid staples.... like cheese right off the block.
    Last edited by Yes; 08-22-2014 at 08:07 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yes For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (09-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    If you're just looking to lose weight, no exercise is more efficient than running. Pushups and squats help, but those are more about muscle-building than fat-burning. The easiest way to lose weight though is to change your diet. Unless your diet is already super healthy, it's immensely easier to not consume 100 additional calories than it is to burn 100.
    hmu ladies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

simmie (08-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Right off the bat, I would cut your nutrient intake by 2/3, maybe more if you feel comfortable. Isolate what your drink to strictly water, don't drink juice (it's sugary) or milk (too much protein). If you're properly hydrated, your metabolism will get a significant boost. Remove any type of desserts, snacks, or sweets from your diet. Exercise with long walks at first, >4 miles, every night. Add more mileage as needed. You asked for obese help, so I'm assuming this distance might be a good start.

You're going to gain a lot of water weight right off the bat, at least you should as long as you're really hydrating. That will go away after a few days and then you'll find that you're weight is steadily dropping each day. The important thing to remember here is that your diet is more important than your exercise. If you can cut your proportions in half and get used to not needing so much food, you can lose weight. MOst people don't realize that they don't actually need a significant amount of nutrients to keep them kicking.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Additionally, consider a liquid diet. There was a point where I did an extreme diet (It was definitely unhealthy), where I only drank Gatorade or water and ate a snack twice a day. I would eat a full meal every three or four days. After the first four or five days your body get's used to it. You'll lose a lot of energy doing this, but it's effective. I lost 20lbs in two weeks doing that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to daenerys__equestrian For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (09-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 20h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I came to lurk because I, myself, need to drop 30 to 40 pounds. I have tried multiple diets and the only one I ever came to comfort with was a 1,200 calorie STRICT diet. Only lean meats, vegetables, fruits, some dairy products (mostly low calorie cheese/yogurt), and some cereals. I drank flavored water (those low calorie lemonade packets are a life savor) and did thirty minutes of yoga/stretches and 30 minutes on the treadmill every day for seven months. I lost 76 pounds. Then gained half back after moving to a new city (everything here is so EXPENSIVE except fast food!)

Anyways, good luck to you! I suggest myfitnesspal as a good start if you want to get into calorie counting along with your exercising. There are tons of people there with decent advise.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) - i'm 5'5, ~280lbs. I am physically active (i play roller derby!) and i use my size to my advantage. I actually have a really awesome trainer who makes up little "Microcycles" for me to work out with. Kind of like HIIT (High impact interval training) which is amazing, and is a great starter for people transitiioning into wanting to work out a little more. It only takes about 20 minutes too.
    I also use C25k (Couch to 5k) which is essentially a running trainer. Starts you out with like, 30 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking. It's an amazing program and its free for iPhones. The only downside to that is I live in Canada and 8 months out of the year it's a snowy apocalypse land so I can't really run. I hate running indoors and I refuse to go to a gym because I am way too self conscious.

If I remember, I'll upload my microcycle for you to use! It's awesome. I love it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'd sign up for a gym membership and go on a strict paleo diet or something if I were you. You can do the standard bodybuilding workouts (bench/deadlift/squat) w/ low weight and go up in increments! I started off benching like 15 pounds on each side (the bar @ planet fitness back then was only 15 pounds) and worked my way up :p

dieting would have a HUGE effect on your physique and you'd see results pretty soon ~
    I tend to drop weight fast following a paleo diet, so maybe you should look into that?
    a standard bodybuilding workout schedule + paleo should do you good

you should also add in sprints a few times a week (look up HIIT training)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    I'd sign up for a gym membership and go on a strict paleo diet or something if I were you. You can do the standard bodybuilding workouts (bench/deadlift/squat) w/ low weight and go up in increments! I started off benching like 15 pounds on each side (the bar @ planet fitness back then was only 15 pounds) and worked my way up :p

dieting would have a HUGE effect on your physique and you'd see results pretty soon ~
    I tend to drop weight fast following a paleo diet, so maybe you should look into that?
    a standard bodybuilding workout schedule + paleo should do you good

you should also add in sprints a few times a week (look up HIIT training)
    Last post was 3 months ago bro.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Last post was 3 months ago bro.
    hahah oops
    just noticed the thread itself is really old too..who knows tho maybe someone will read my post and benefit one day

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    16d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm still here, I have registered to a gym, btw, and have someone following me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alqualine For This Useful Post:

Guy (04-13-2015)