Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So who all watched the legend of korra?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    141 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    A W E S O M E

I really hope Toph kicks Kuvira's ass!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kad View Post
    A W E S O M E

omg, me too. why is it, the earth kingdom is always corrupt ~__~

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    what the GREAT UNITER is doing to non-earth benders is crazy :o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kad View Post
    A W E S O M E

^ Oh I wanna see Toph in some action again Can't wait for the next episode xD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doge For This Useful Post:

Kad (11-20-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    That finale tho

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    *SPOILERS REGARDING THE ENDING*

The ending didn't feel like an ending to me. Kuvira plotted a whole army against the world but after a 1 minute conversation, she just calls it quits and gets herself jailed? Everything didn't wrap up properly to me and the main focus in the ending was on the whole Korrasami ship and I didn't really like that. I wish there was more insight to all the other characters as opposed to Korra's implied relationship with Asami... Hopefully there will be comics for LoK as there is for TLA, maybe then I'll feel better about the ending. Tbh, the only LoK season ending I liked was season 3, the rest just felt underwhelming...

[/FONT]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (12-21-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
    *SPOILERS REGARDING THE ENDING*

The ending didn't feel like an ending to me. Kuvira plotted a whole army against the world but after a 1 minute conversation, she just calls it quits and gets herself jailed? Everything didn't wrap up properly to me and the main focus in the ending was on the whole Korrasami ship and I didn't really like that. I wish there was more insight to all the other characters as opposed to Korra's implied relationship with Asami... Hopefully there will be comics for LoK as there is for TLA, maybe then I'll feel better about the ending. Tbh, the only LoK season ending I liked was season 3, the rest just felt underwhelming...
    They should have worked out a better ending with Kuvira(taking away her bending). However Korrasami worked really well if you noticed the clues throughout the season.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    They should have worked out a better ending with Kuvira(taking away her bending). However Korrasami worked really well if you noticed the clues throughout the season.
    Yeah. I liked Korrasami, even though I never shipped them or anything. I thought it was cool, and it made sense to me.
    I agree with you @(you need an account to see links) . I wish it was wrapped up better. If only it was longer. :/ I bet there will be comics!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peebles For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (12-21-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) Yeah there were definitely hints but they were way too subtle as opposed to every other relationships that were formed in the Avatar-verse. This has nothing to do with it being a female-female relationship, I just didn't like the ending because everything else wasn't wrapped up properly imo. And to be honest, I've never liked any romance in the Legend of Korra. The relationship between Bolin and Opal started off so quick (they fell in love in like, what, 2 episodes?) and I dunno, the romance just seems way too forced in LoK as opposed to The Last Airbender.

Anyway, I like that the ending was intentionally made to be ambiguous to appease all of their audience, but like I said, I found a lot of the romance in LoK forced and boring. Wish the ending was better since it's the end of the whole series (maybe forever lol)...
    @(you need an account to see links) and yeah it does seem like there might be comics, since there are for ATLA, but who knows?

[/FONT]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

Water (12-21-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    actually, i think the opal/bolin relationship reflected their personalities very well and was the most natural one because of that.

Bolin seems to fall for people easily, just like he did with korra; it's just who he is, and isn't afraid to show his affection and try to charm a lady.

I'm pretty sure opal never had a chance to really get to know how to react towards boys, with her mother constantly watching over her and never being allowed to leave their domain of a home. Bolin probably gave her a taste of how people are outside of Zhaofu and was very drawn to how different he was compared to how plain Zhaofu is each and every day.

also for the main topic, I loved korra. I could very much more so relate to her and this series compared to aang and his gang. I love part 1 of the finale way more than the last part, as it gave everyone of the cast a chance to show their stuff for once, as a group we saw things from meelo finally using his legs over his farts to give a safe landing when he caught his father, to bolin making an earth shuriken when breaking into the weapon.

everything she went through in season 2, from her bitchy and selfish motives really helped see how much she has changed in showing mercy on kuvira and wanting to talk to her instead of letting the machine kill her! And Korrasami I approve, many things from the past 2 books show it was leading to that, but personally when part of the fan base is hating on it more as a LBGT thing and not simply as a shipping pair is beyond me. I feel like this was a very good way to show how normal this is and should be why should topics of religion rise to the surface in the avatar world where such a things seems to not exist?
    my favorite character from this series was Jinora, though of this book it's korra.
    I wish we had seen more of Kai Bumi and Rohan though, esp to see if the youngest of tenzin's kid really did get airbending~

man i'm really gonna miss this show Really hope we someday get an earth bender story;

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

also wanted to point out a quote I found :3

"Air is the element of freedom, and Aang gave new freedom to the world from the fire nation.
    Water is the element of change, and Korra gave new shape to the worlds, both physical and spiritual"

if we kept of with the themes of bending, then next time if we see the earth bender then he'd be creating a world of substance, ie standing your ground and not giving up

so cool, lol.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spysie For This Useful Post:

peebles (12-21-2014),Water (12-21-2014)