Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So who all watched the legend of korra?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
    Wish the ending was better since it's the end of the whole series (maybe forever lol)...
    Very true. I thought about that a lot too! I wanted to see more, but I suppose it is what the writers wanted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hm I can see where you're coming from in regards to Bolin and Opal, but yeah, I just didn't found any of the romance in LoK that great. They didn't handle romance very well this time around, which makes sense, since LoK is a mini-series and they didn't really get the chance to blossom the relationships over a longer period of time, which is understandable.

Yeah, I absolutely love Korra, despite my grievances with the ending. I still love ATLA more though, but they're both amazing series in and of themselves. And I agree about the ending part, it was nice to see that it was mostly focused on everyone else, but like I said, I really wished the ending was different because I wanted an ending that was more inclusive, I guess?

And there were a few subtle hints over the 2 seasons sure, but it just didn't work well with me because it seemed like the most unnatural relationship in LoK. I would also like to point out that I am supportive of the LGBT community and I'm stoked that they've "pushed boundaries" by showing a same sex couple on screen, but I just didn't find their relationship natural, regardless of the 3-4 hints in the last 2 books. If you compare Korra to Mako, they had many interactions with each other before they were "official", but even then, I didn't find Korra + Mako a good paring. I guess I'm just not into the romance aspect of LoK. And regards to the "religion" thing, I'm not sure what you mean? I didn't mention anything about religion so I'm a bit confused.

And yes, there are defo a lot of memorable characters but I think the dynamic between Verrick and Zhu Li was the best!!

Btw just wanted to say that I'm not against what you're saying at all, just throwing in how I feel about the show just so you can understand why I "diaspprove" (wrong word to use) the ending. (you need an account to see links)

ANYWAY, enough about hte things that I dislike about it, LoK overall was great and I'll miss the Avatar-verse so much ;~; I've still got the comics to read though but that won't last long enough for me either. ._.

[/FONT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

spysie (12-21-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Not towards tou but I've seen people on the KORRA facebook page blatantly just stop loving the Korra series just because of the suggested bisexual pairing, it's crazy. You are corrected in saying you never mentioned it though, just part of my rant against those who have a problem with the pairing not as being a bad pair but because they're both females

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    The ending bothered me a lot, it could have been wrapped up better. Jinora was wonderful, though.

Holy schmakles there is a 4th season?! Eeee!
    :3 I know what I'm doing tomorrow.
    Last edited by Banannie; 12-26-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've seen the whole 4th season now. I'm kinda disappointed. Somehow the ending felt wrong.

Beware Spoilers!

Here have some Bolin! I sure love this guy!

Last edited by Inari; 12-26-2014 at 10:58 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Inari For This Useful Post:

Banannie (12-26-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Alright so I watched the 4th season and I loved it! I felt that the pairings were realistic and indicative to how life works. Sometimes you don't know who you love until you get to know them. The ending with them entering the spirit world (and most likely to visit Asami's departed father) was beautiful. The fact that they were subtle about the romance between two women is indicative of the times. Just like decades before, it took a while for people to warm up to the idea of interracial coupling. They threw the relationship in there last minute so that people couldn't make judgements on the show before watching the whole thing. It was sneaky. It was saying to less progressive people, "This is the way things are now and our children need to be immersed in the truth about the way different people of orientation, race, etc don't need to be hidden from the media. It is showing people at their most impressionable state in life the way the world really works. People aren't always right for each other, but can still be friends. Love at first sight is a fallacy. Women are equal to men. Two people of the same gender can fall in love."
    Shows like this allow children who feel they are different because of their orientation to understand that they are perfect. They are normal and unique, love able and beautiful.

I preferred this season over the last, because I'm more interested in people using technology to become more powerful. Certain energies should not be used for warfare. Last season felt like a flop to me, simply because the idea of shoving a group of unnaturally superpowered people into a show has just been overdone. I wish that they could have made the villains of this season less black and white. They only seem to come to understand their wrongdoings when they have been defeated and people with convictions as strong as that simply don't work that way. I think children are intelligent enough to be shown the gray area of right and wrong and we don't need to spell it out for them and hold their hands through the moral dilemmas of cartoon characters. Also, what's such a high frequency of villains having family issues? That's watered down. It takes more than a bad childhood to make a villain, and using the "mommydaddy don't love me" approach nearly every time gets old. These are grown ass people. What I would like to see is a villain with a character that has been plagued with two sides of right and wrong, created by conflicting societies (which avatar did moreso with atla and in less seasons) as a way to show people that usually everyone thinks they are doing right... And not because of being an orphan or not given a rich childhood or some bullshit like that.

The music was alright, but they could have been more dynamic with the sound.
    The graphics on the robots weren't realistic enough. Sometimes it is better just to go back to a more traditional animation style. We are at an era where if computer generated things aren't sone with care they look out of place and are an eyesore.

I wish they would have had a continuing villain throughout the show as well, for character depth and so that it didn't feel like I had to watch a show finale after every season.
    The mixture of technology we haven't developed and of technology that has been outdated for a half a century or more made me chuckle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

spysie (12-30-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    4d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I actually watched The Legend of Korra in less than two days because I loved it so much...
    This was when season 4 was over.
    I love avatar so much I hope they come out with another one

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    What???
    Is more than 1 season?

(you need an account to see links)

The english is not my first language, so if you see something illogical please let me know

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    What???
    Is more than 1 season?
    4 beautiful seasons

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Jajaja wow, i will seek it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(you need an account to see links)

The english is not my first language, so if you see something illogical please let me know