Thread: Homework (History) + Junior HS + "CBA" Assignment (Rep or POSSIBLE small payment)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m

Homework (History) + Junior HS + "CBA" Assignment (Rep or POSSIBLE small payment)

Political,Economic and Social = of the Atomic bomb?
    Write something about that. A little bit

---------------

1. What was the My Lai Massacre? Why did it happen? Do you think incidents like this happen in all wars? Explain

2. What was the War Powers Resoution? IS it needed? Explain!

3. What were the Kent State shootings? Why did they happen? Do you think those responsibile should have been charged? Explain

4. What happened in Vietnam after the US left. be specific

5. what should the us have learned from vietnam. be specific. discuss the 2 iraq 'wars' and afghanistan 'war'

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by 5252 View Post
    Political,Economic and Social = of the Atomic bomb?
    Write something about that. A little bit

---------------

1. What was the My Lai Massacre? Why did it happen? Do you think incidents like this happen in all wars? Explain
    My Lai Massacre was a brutal act of violence on men, women and children who were killed by U.S. Soldiers in Southern Vietnam in 1968. It happened because the soldiers entered the village thinking the NLF (National Liberation Front) a Local Task force Battalion would be the only remaining people after the locals went to the market in the morning.

I personally believe this happens in many wars, if it isn't one side it's another. For instance like in the current war how many men, women and children have been killed by road side bombs, how many schools have been targeted?

Did a report on this incident in college a few years ago
    Last edited by SnoLeopard; 06-17-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Here's a bit of it for you. Let me know if you need me to expand on or clarify anything.

The My Lai Massacre was the massacre of approximately 300-500 Vietnamese civilians by American military forces. The Massacre was originally a mission to destroy and disband Viet Cong forces in the area, which quickly spiraled out of control after soldiers reportedly were ordered to shoot anyone who was deemed "suspicious". Incidents like this do happen in all wars; wars necessitate a soldier to dehumanize his enemy, allowing him to effectively complete his missions without being hampered by issues of morality. The dehumanization of the enemy's soldiers gradually expands to the dehumanization of the enemy's civilians as well, which leads to war crimes such as the My Lai Massacre

2. What was the War Powers Resoution? IS it needed? Explain!
    The War Powers Resolution is a federal law meant to limit the President's power to engage in military action without the consent of Congress. It states that without Congressional approval, the President cannot authorize military action or deploy military troops for an extended period of time. This resolution is necessary to maintain the system of checks and balances that the US government relies upon, and to keep the powers of the government closer to the hands of the people.

3. What were the Kent State shootings? Why did they happen? Do you think those responsibile should have been charged? Explain
    The Kent State shootings were the shooting of student protesters by the National Guard at Kent State University. In an attempt to disperse the protesters, the Ohio National Guard had been mobilized to use nonlethal tactics to break up the protesters and restore order. Following repeated failures at breaking up the protesters, the National Guard opened fire for a brief moment on the students, killing four and wounding several others. I do believe those responsible should have been charged, as it the most basic right of every American to be able to protest their government without fear of deadly reprisal.

4. What happened in Vietnam after the US left. be specific
    The North Vietnamese gained massive victories, leading to the end of the war. Without U.S. involvement the North Vietnamese were able to easily solidify their control over the north, and from there launch a successful invasion into Saigon. Following the fall of Saigon, the Southern Vietnamese government quickly surrendered, chastising America for abandoning them.

5. what should the us have learned from vietnam. be specific. discuss the 2 iraq 'wars' and afghanistan 'war'
    The U.S. should've learned how to fight a guerrilla war. As opposed to World War II which America had previously seen great success in, the Vietnamese war (as well as the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts) were not wars which could be won through brute force. There were no enemy cities to take, nor were there factories to destroy. The enemy soldiers in these wars exist everywhere, blending seamlessly with the surrounding civilian populations. They're highly adaptable, highly amorphous groups which have no set territories or boundaries. This is a stark contrast to all previous enemies America has fought, and a contrast that America is still trying to fully understand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

Cub (06-18-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m