388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I was 60 lbs at the age of 13, I was like 5'6 I went to the doctor for it and guess what he prescribed me? One big scoop of peanut butter a day . Eventually I stopped that cause I gained enough weight, and since then, I have doubled to 120 and I'm now 5'11. Still underweight I think, but the peanut butter helps a ton.
    Wow! really? I'll have to try that.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    Wow! really? I'll have to try that.
    Yup Sometimes I would even eat 2-3 big scoops a day, but you don't want to eat more than 1 too often in one day because then it's just unhealthy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to learningtoneopet1 For This Useful Post:

Master Shake (06-07-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    Yup Sometimes I would even eat 2-3 big scoops a day, but you don't want to eat more than 1 too often in one day because then it's just unhealthy.
    I will certainly do this !
    Last edited by Master Shake; 07-25-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links), Please be careful with the salt intake with the peanut butter. Depending on the brand/type, that can be a bit of an issue. I second whoever recommended the protein heavy diet (@scarmans ). Add lots of meat - chicken, beef, fish fillets to your lunch and dinner. I'd recommend, however, that you keep up with your chosen exercise regime or get some advice on a new one as you gain weight. Dance, martial arts and swimming are top of my rec list since they can help you maintain a sense of your own body as it grows and changes, reducing that clumsiness so many go through in their teens and beyond, as well as increasing your muscle density, and your bones & joints' ability to handle your body movement, decreasing your risks for sprains, cramps and breaks. A regular form of exercise also helps with a lot of stress-induced appetite problems which can crop up in high school.

Eat healthy - fruits in the morning and leafy green veg (not just cabbage and lettuce), snacks - yoghurt is sweet, and has proteins and fats on top of being great for settling upset stomachs. tortilla chips are also great since the fibre will help with your increased protein intake. Check around the forums and ask if anyone's a nutritionist to help you set up a good balanced diet that will maximise your weight gain and growth without negatively impacting your physical or mental development.

If the docs say its normal, it may simply be part of your genetics. I was almost precisely 35kg from the time I was 15 till about 21 (give or take 2 kgs). I was so skinny they had to tailormake my high school uniform and I shopped in the kids section till I was 22. Size zero jeans and dresses, hun. Not cool! I exercised some in high school but in uni, this was while eating fast food every day and my only exercise was weekly walks + whatever distance it was to class and the piano rooms + shooting hoops and i literally mean standing in diff places and throwing a ball at a hoop. Your body might just not be ready to grow.

Keep a smile on your face and find something to laugh about at least thrice a day. Confidence and happiness are things that everyone wants to get in on, regardless of how you look. Best of luck with this.
    Last edited by coldblaze; 06-08-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 14h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    My brother struggles with the same issue! He's 5'9" or 5'10" and weighs about 110 lbs or so, and constantly talks about how he needs to gain weight. Among the advice he's received, the most consistent was to ingest more protein (be it via meat or protein shakes). But beyond that, I keep telling him that if he was born to be a skinny guy, then he'll need to learn to accept himself. I'd rather him be a little skinnier than everyone else rather than have him destroy his health because he wanted to look bigger.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Master Shake (06-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) When I was 5'8" I was only 135lbs. That's underweight. Also caculate your TDEE and then eat more calories than that. I'd start with 500 cal over.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Not2EXceL For This Useful Post:

Master Shake (06-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Not2EXceL View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) When I was 5'8" I was only 135lbs. That's underweight. Also caculate your TDEE and then eat more calories than that. I'd start with 500 cal over.
    aha the dr estimated me to be 5'8 at max max height.
    Last edited by Master Shake; 07-24-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    What was your bodyfat %age measured at?

While often a poor measure regarding upper weights, it allows a better informed opinion with the lower weights.

Still going to boil down to eating more calories than you burn in a day, if you go the protein shake route, make sure they aren't appetite curbing, doesn't help if you replace a meal with a 120-200 calorie shake.

Also, what do you drink for the most part, diet sodas, water, fruit juice, etc. Alot of people that are heavier have a high intake of empty calories (from their drinks).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    1d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    try eating fun stuff (not too unhealthy), and the weight you want to gain should be more muscle mass than fat. consider exercising- it also develops an appetite, and physical activity releases Endorphins which make you happy!!1

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Thommy View Post
    What was your bodyfat %age measured at?

While often a poor measure regarding upper weights, it allows a better informed opinion with the lower weights.

Still going to boil down to eating more calories than you burn in a day, if you go the protein shake route, make sure they aren't appetite curbing, doesn't help if you replace a meal with a 120-200 calorie shake.

Also, what do you drink for the most part, diet sodas, water, fruit juice, etc. Alot of people that are heavier have a high intake of empty calories (from their drinks).
    BMI doesn't refer to me I'm under 18.
    Last edited by Master Shake; 07-25-2014 at 01:16 PM.