Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should all drugs be decriminalized?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    Nope. Anything un natural shouldnt be legal. Cocaine ruined my life and I know what drugs do to people. There should be no allowance for that. Keep it trees
    Cocaine is natural I thought? Thought it was just the flower milled into powder!

I do know deals sometimes add crushed glass into cocaine to make it more heavy for money hungry reasons which fucks peoples lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    79d 4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    To be straight only the naturally grown drugs should be decriminalised any thing else like pills mixed with what ever just shouldn't be as no one knows how the person made them and where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen brother.

is it spooky season yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (05-31-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think that all drugs should not only be decriminalized, but should be made legal.

I don't believe that just because drugs become decriminalized means that people are going to rush out and do them en mass. Like, if heroin became legal tomorrow, I wouldn't run out and try it. But I think that making them legal would help the purity problems with "unnatural" drugs. Cocaine and heroin and pills can be cut with so much shit which makes it even worse for you.

I mean, obviously there'd still be abuse, but they need to figure that shit out.
    Like how you need to sign a sheet when you buy too much decongestant.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    30d 13h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I think the issue with some of the arguments I'm seeing about this is that people seem to think that people AREN'T doing drugs because they're illegal. Most people who don't do drugs don't do them because they don't WANT to do them. They don't like the loss of control, they worry about physical/mental/general health effects and dependency and above all they're expensive. If we all woke up tomorrow and drugs had been decriminalised everywhere I don't think clraik would suddenly have 0 people online because everyone is off shooting up.
    Most people, if they really wanted to get fucked up, could go out and get fucked up regardless of the law.

Social stigma wouldn't change regardless of whether or not they were decriminalised - it would still be massively frowned upon to let drug use affect your family or work, there wouldn't be meetings in the local old folks home where grandma discusses how proud she is of little Johnny for tripping on the regular.

The pros to decriminalisation are that more CONTROL can be brought in. People wouldn't be afraid to go to a doctor or the hospital or even the police if they've had some sort of drug related health incident or have fallen into bad ways. Regardless of confidentiality laws there's no way anyone -happily- walks into a hospital and says they've taken xyz drugs, it's normally left until overdose is well underway or someone finds them unconscious. Something that makes the general population safer is a-okay by me, especially when you consider that decriminalisation could definitely adversely affect the drug underworld and we could (hopefully) see some more control put into the production of drugs. I would rather people be taking decriminalised/maybe even legal MDMA than have people going out taking pills cut with god knows what.

No, it's not ideal, but drugs are a fact of life. A lot of them come from natural sources and they will always be around. Surely it's better to reduce drug related gang crime and to make people feel able to speak up if something drug related is going wrong for them.
    But most importantly I'd say the biggest change to the drug "system" both legal and illegal needs to be education. People need to understand why it's important to source their drugs and understand what can happen if they become drug dependent. Not taking new drugs for the first time on your own or in unfamiliar places and all that good stuff. It's amazing how ignorant a lot of people are, even if they dabble in drugs themselves.

I would say anything that is known to not be life threatening (looking at you, Mary Jane) should be legalised. The police are stretched thin enough without having to worry about people who sell and smoke plants.

Shhh.. Doll is sleeping. PM me for best results
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Doll For This Useful Post:

Ban (08-13-2014),Banannie (05-31-2014),Misha (05-31-2014),Naked Gamer (05-31-2014),Six (05-31-2014),zxzero (06-05-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Marijuana and Mushrooms should be legal. I firmly believe that they have health benefits if used correctly for certain issues (pain management, stress, anxiety, depression, hunger issues associated with nausea from cancer treatment, a million other things). Now, saying that, I do not smoke pot or do drugs, I did very heavily in the past and developed severe anxiety because of a bad acid trip so now I cant smoke pot anymore. Wish I could, I was much more outgoing and happy and productive back when I was only smoking, now that I drink (pretty much every day) I kind of lost my ability to have conversations with people, short-term memory loss, depression, etcetera. I think alcohol should be illegal if anything, it does no good.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Drugs should be legal. I was gunna make a long post but @(you need an account to see links) pretty much has said everything I would say on the subject.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Doll (05-31-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    For some it would increase productivity, I know people in like china and stuff take opiates so they can maintain for the day in their work places. Over all though, I think people should be educated of what the drugs do, what short term/long term effects it has on the body etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Banannie (05-31-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Exactly what I believe @(you need an account to see links), thank you for putting it that eloquently. I would also like to highlight that I firmly believe decriminalization would save lives and that reason alone makes it worth it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Drugs should be legal if your over 18 you are old enough to vote and even die for your country why can you not choose what to put into your body

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    59d 22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I don't think they should, I mean weed that kinda natural stuff is fine and should be treated probably like alcohol with and age limit and obviously you shouldn't be driving and shit while you are high but all the hard stuff that kills people shouldn't be decriminalized. People will still be doing crazy shit and killing others or themselves over it whether the law is intervening or not.