Uploads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Time Online
    12 h 20 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Culdcept Dragon - Manga signature

Just made it, experimented the hell out of things and developed a few techniques I'll be trying again. I really like it. XD As the title says, it was made from a manga page, so it was basically a black and white stock. I'll post it tomorrow -goes to sleep-

san diego
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    this is one of the more interesting signatures i have seen in a while

and also one of the more well done that fit into the category of remaining unique. scanlines are usually overdone but i have not seen them around recently, so they offer me a bit of nostalgia i guess lol idk. ok well the colours are interesting: they dont necessarily pop, which may be an issue, but considering that the original copy of the image was b/w, this is more easily forgiven. it may also be a little too sharp in some places, though it is rather sharp in most: i would advise toning that down a little to emphasize the effect of one area rather than sharpening the entire thing and oversharpening a portion lol

anyway it is super cool and i really like it so kudos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian For This Useful Post:

Senpai (02-05-2012)

The Internet
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Time Online
    12 h 20 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks! I completely agree with the sharpness, but since I reduced the size the quality was cut a bit and the gradient maps really did a number on the lines. =[ I may have used a gradient map that I could have done with out to spare some of the lines, but without it the redness of the dragon wouldn't have looked as good. It was a lot of experimenting so I will look out for these things better next time (I actually didn't notice how sharp it was until after it was finished and posted. You know how it is, mistake you don't see in photoshop, but as soon as you post it, BAM. There they are XDDD)