Thread: Julian Assange: Hero or Criminal?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Julian Assange: Hero or Criminal?

From my personal observations, I believe Mr. Assange has most certainly caused controversy and sent shock waves throughout the world. Being the founder of WikiLeaks, he has also caused massive embarrassment for many government officials: releasing telegrams about ravenous sex parties in the very conservative country of Saudi Arabia and the all too well known video of the shooting of two Reuters journalists by the American military. On one hand, the U.S. government and her allies argue that by releasing some of those documents, they put military troops in grave danger. On the other hand, what do the governments of the world have to hide (e.g. double standards in Saudi Arabia, targeted killings by the U.S.)?

In my personal opinion, I believe Mr. Assange to be sort-of a hero (save the allegations of rape). I believe that with the creation of WikiLeaks comes more government accountability. I do not necessarily believe that our troop movements should be publicized or that those who leak the documents shouldn't be jailed but I do believe that the government should be held to the same standards that it holds its citizens to.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by bml0624; 06-06-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Pluralization of journalists.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    The truth will set you free
    Unless you're Julian Assange
    Then that shit will make you an international criminal for raping prostitutes

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Nath (06-06-2013)