Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about league? Come ask for help!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Questions about league? Come ask for help!

I have a pretty good understanding of the game, if you're new or just have questions feel free to ask me here or add me on league! My user is Johtoh, and I play on the NA server.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I just made an account and might have some questions soon @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    I just made an account and might have some questions soon @(you need an account to see links)
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Feel free to pm or post back here! You can add me in game if you would like, my IGN is Johtoh.

I've been playing since last year only, but have managed to get to Plat 2 in ranked so far so I know somewhat alot about the game so far.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What is the best way to climb from Bronze to Gold?

Considering I never go negative, but my team does causes me to lose a lot of my games how do people do it is what I wonder! :p

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Get the stronger champions by RP when it appear in promotion and carry your team. You have to Carry them. im plat V at brazilian server

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links) - honestly I hear this a lot from my lower ranked friends. But while this may be a 5 person team in reality you can only work on your OWN play. You can say your team sucks all you want but at the end of the day it's you that's losing the LP. Going "negative" doesn't matter THAT much as well (obviously you don't want to feed, though) - it's about how much impact you're making on the game at hand. K/D/A means nothing if you're 10-0 but have no impact on the game.

I could go on all day about this, but here's my basic tips for climbing:

- pick a role or two you like best and would like to learn for your "climb". Personally I think the easiest role to "carry" from is mid/jungle, but any role you like works. For these roles, learn 2-3 champions for them. And when I say learn, I mean, play them exclusively until you know them really well. They do not have to be "OP" contrary to what @(you need an account to see links) said, almost ANY champion can and will get you to at least Platinum/low Diamond if you play them well enough. (plus patches change what is "OP" so what is strong one patch may not necessarily be the next) There are many, many people in higher elo that exclusively play one champion, for example. Playing only a few champions helps you learn matchups, limitations of that champ, etc very well. The reason I suggest two or 3 is because sometimes, in midlane for example, you get hard countered by another champ.

The most important thing to remember is that you cannot control your team. Therefore the only play you can improve is yours. When I was climbing in previous seasons I exclusively played Lux/Annie mid or Elise/Volibear jungle. Ignore what your team says, ignore all chat, just focus on your own play.

I am currently a D2 support main in the NA server.

There are a billion other ways to help you in your climb to Gold but unfortunately they'd take days to list out and depend on how you play (such as warding, map awareness, teamfight awareness, and so forth) so details would be a little useless right now.

If you want, I can spectate one of your games for you on op.gg, and let you know what you did wrong/where to improve.
    Last edited by Frostcrown; 07-13-2014 at 05:15 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostcrown For This Useful Post:

Faerie (07-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) so, if you dont need pick OP champions, play only taric! At any roles, mid, top, etc. Weak champions cant climb your elo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiowner View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) so, if you dont need pick OP champions, play only taric! At any roles, mid, top, etc. Weak champions cant climb your elo.
    Go ahead and disagree all you want.
    There're a ton of "one trick ponies" in the top ranks of the NA server right now who only play champions I'm guessing you won't deem as OP. "Last Skarner NA" only plays Skarner, "Nikkone" only plays Fiddlesticks, "Ryan Choi" only plays Rengar, "Boxbox" only plays Riven and so forth. There's more than a handful or what I can name here. Would you call those champs "OP" or "FOTM"? No you wouldn't. But these people know these champions inside out and certainly compete at the top of the bracket just fine. They play a champion they enjoy and know very well. Champion mastery > champion "strength".

Sure, you can buy Jax now to pubstomp noobs. But disregarding that he's got a very high banrate here in NA, you could play Jax absolutely terribly and get dumpstered by someone who's really good at Malphite. Just because a champion is "OP" doesn't = automatic win lol.

Also, "learn a champ you like" doesn't = trolling. 0____o Why you would think that I don't know.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmourn View Post
    Go ahead and disagree all you want.
    There're a ton of "one trick ponies" in the top ranks of the NA server right now who only play champions I'm guessing you won't deem as OP. "Last Skarner NA" only plays Skarner, "Nikkone" only plays Fiddlesticks, "Ryan Choi" only plays Rengar, "Boxbox" only plays Riven and so forth. There's more than a handful or what I can name here. Would you call those champs "OP" or "FOTM"? No you wouldn't. But these people know these champions inside out and certainly compete at the top of the bracket just fine. They play a champion they enjoy and know very well. Champion mastery > champion "strength".

Sure, you can buy Jax now to pubstomp noobs. But disregarding that he's got a very high banrate here in NA, you could play Jax absolutely terribly and get dumpstered by someone who's really good at Malphite. Just because a champion is "OP" doesn't = automatic win lol.

Also, "learn a champ you like" doesn't = trolling. 0____o Why you would think that I don't know.
    Skarner riven fiddle and rengar are not weak in my opinion!
    I doubt these guys can climb with a bad champion at a certain lane, like i said.
    But its hard to win every lane as you agreed with me, you have to play 2-3 champions each lane, what means lol is a game of counters, its not about just be good with mechanical skills.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiowner View Post
    Skarner riven fiddle and rengar are not weak in my opinion!
    I doubt these guys can climb with a bad champion at a certain lane, like i said.
    But its hard to win every lane as you agreed with me, you have to play 2-3 champions each lane, what means lol is a game of counters, its not about just be good with mechanical skills.
    You'd be surprised at how far mechanics can get you. I'd say mechanics is enough to get into gold/low plat; past that you will need champion mastery. Why else would a diamond player be completely able to stomp a bronze even in a losing matchup? Mechanics.

And that's kind of my point. Obviously I don't want @(you need an account to see links) to learn weaker champs like Urgot, but say, if she really likes Lux I don't see why she shouldn't be able to play Lux mid to climb. Not everything is about the champion strength. She doesn't have to play current mid OP's like Syndra or Yasuo; if she wants to play champions that are outside the current "FOTM" such as Ahri, Cassiopeia, Annie, etc I don't see why not.