Thread: Can a kind, patient FR user explain the game to me?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Can a kind, patient FR user explain the game to me?

I made an account 9 months ago, bred my dragons once, and forgot about them. But now I'm interested in getting back into it, but I'm TOTALLY lost and tbh the Wiki page is virtually NO help...

I guess I really just want to know the lingo, all the things you tell newbies, and if people wanna be friends on the site or whatever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I can help, for sure c: I'm only a newbie myself but I've spent basically all my time on it for the past two weeks. It's usurped my Neo habit

It just depends how you want to make your money, really! I spend my time in the Coliseum. It's your standard turn-based fighting game; when your dragons level up you earn stat points to spend on strength, defence... etc. You can have three dragons in your party at once, and once they're at a decent level you can sell the loot you win there for profit. Either that, or you can buy cheap adult dragons from the Auctions (10k or less), train them to at least level seven and then exalt them. Exalting basically sends the dragon to serve under your element's god, so they leave your lair and never come back. The higher the level, the more treasure they leave behind when you exalt them. Oh - and you exalt them from their profiles. There's a button to auction and a button to exalt c:

Other people breed their dragons and sell on the hatchlings for profit. To sell them at a decent price, you're going to need pairs of dragons that will produce hatchlings of nice colours, and with some genes. Gene scrolls are one-use items bought in the Marketplace or the Auction House and they change the patterns on your dragons; those genes will then pass down to their hatchlings without you needing to buy a scroll. There are three kinds - primary, secondary and tertiary. Primary genes affect the main body of the dragon - Tiger, for example, gives the body of the dragon a tiger pattern. (Who knew, right?) Secondary genes affect the wings. Tertiary genes are a bit more varied. Most of them just add another layer of pattern to the whole dragon - see Crackle or Circuit - but there's also Underbelly, which changes the colour of your dragon's belly.

All these gene patterns will correspond with your dragon's colours of the same names - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary. You won't see the Tertiary colour on your dragon at all unless they have a Tertiary gene.

Finally, you can earn 75k a day playing games, but the only one I like is Jigsaw and it's starting to destroy my soul a little bit each time I play it.

Honestly, the best advice I have is - get familiar with the Auction House so you know how to price your loot from the Coliseum. Work out which currency it's better to sell the item as. Gems are the premium currency that you can pay for, but unlike NeoCash they are transferable between players, so you don't really need to buy any unless you don't want to wait/save. Gems are usually valued at 1 gem to 500 treasure, and there are always people willing to exchange currency for you on the Items for Sale board. So - do your maths and work out whether your item is selling for more in gems or treasure. As soon as you can afford it, get yourself some nice dragon breeding pairs from the Auction House - I recommend Coatls because they sell for a lot.

I thinkkk I've covered all the basics, but I know I'm terrible at explaining things, so... feel free to give me a shout if you're stuck on anything c: My username over there is Quinto, same as here, so... feel free to add me, if you like I have a few gened-up hatchlings I can donate if it'll help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinto For This Useful Post:

Zeus (10-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I haven't played in months, but to the best of my knowledge:

You breed, sell, and buy dragons. Depending on the genes (which you can buy as well), you can make more/less money off your dragons. You can also "exalt" them, which basically means turning them into liquid cash (although less than market price) in order to win dominance (the flight [faction] who exalts the most dragons). If you win dominance, for a week you get 10% off in the market (good for RS) among other bonuses (added gathering turns, etc)

To earn money, you can do many things: RS, breed dragons to sell, play games, or use the coliseum. The coliseum is basically just a turn-based fighting simulation; you can give your dragon abilities so it can fight. These abilities are bought. Then, you can allocate stats to create a trio of dragons that can destroy anything. There's an exploit, though; if your high level dragon gets execute, it can rapidly build up the necessary MP to use the ability. The ability costs no MP if it works, and it instantly kills opponents. In this way, you can farm enemies for loot. Once you do that, you can go into your inventory and quick sell everything you earned for easy money.
    Also, you can fight others PVP-style, or just achieve an amazingly-strong dragon. Healers and tanks also possible.

You have to feed your dragons 2-3 times a day to keep up a bonus that gives you extra things, but this is easy because you have 15 "gathering" turns a day. You pick which one you need; there are various food types (different dragons need different foods) and scavenging and digging. The latter two do not offer up food, but give chances at gaining rare items to use/sell. At higher levels (you level by doing the ability) rare items become more frequent.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Facade For This Useful Post:

Zeus (10-13-2014)