Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

That Accessories Shop Dress, though...

So the current fad on the NCC is Accessories Shop Dress. I've been trying to keep up on the value for this item, but it just keeps increasing and increasing. I now have it listed at 8+. Some people are offering even more... seek it at your own risk.

I've also decreased Court Dancer Collectors Wig slightly to 35-38. For some reason demand for this wig has gone down, and I've seen a couple UFT recently for around a 35 cap value. That being said, this is the kind of item that does inflate depending on the season. I can see its value going back up again in the autumn months.

Finally, I've increased Stately Darigan Castle Background to a solid 5. On-site guides have it listed at 3-4 or 4, but when people seek it out, they often have to over-offer. That being said, I think now is as good a time as any to mention that birthday capsules are around the corner. For the avid NCers, you know what that means -- a lot of these populars I have listed currently will be re-released. I cannot promise you how much this will affect the value of the items on my guide; it all depends on supply & demand. The more popular the item, the less it will reduce in value. What I can promise you is that Limited Edition items from mystery capsules will be RRed in July. The reason I am mentioning this is because Stately Darigan Castle Background is one of those items. However, so is New Years in Faerieland Background, Krawley Contacts, Blooming Garden, Cheerful Day Background, etc. Please keep this in mind when over-offering for LE items. If you do not need them right away, you might be better off waiting until July. ^___^

That's all for now! You'll probably hear from me next when this new, gorgeous MME morphs.
    Last edited by Naomi; 05-09-2014 at 05:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

rachel (05-09-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

But actually, that dress...

It's way too soon to have to be updating this guide again. But I have to. Been watching the NCC more, and the last trade I saw for Accessories Shop Dress was at a ~14 cap value. Yikes. So I've moved the value up once again to 10-12, but please note you may have to offer even more to get your hands on this elusive (and in my humble opinion, overrated) dress.

That's all for now!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Tons of Updates

I dunno guys, NCC is out of control right now! People are making huge over-offers, tons of items are inflating... it's crazy. x) So this is once again the 'inflation' edition. Below are the items I've updated:

Accessories Shop Dress 12-16
    Assorted Potion Shelf 20-30
    Cheerful Day Background 8
    Cherry Blossom Garland 25
    MiniMME13-B: Gothic Sunbeam Shower 5-6
    MiniMME17-B: Evening Rooftop Background 12-14

On a brighter note, the new MME's first morph is GORGEOUS. On a not-so-bright note, who else thinks the bonus is gonna be out of control? ;D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

rachel (05-20-2014)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    79d 4h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    That dress has gone bonkers. Offers of 20-30 sometimes! While sometimes people get it for 10-12. Who knows why its going so loco.

is it spooky season yet?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:

Naomi (06-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

ASSORTED POTION SHELF - IT HAPPENED!

Alrighty guys, the moment we've ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. Assorted Potion Shelf has been released as a prize for redeeming NC cards in countries other than Mexico. So far there are confirmations of people receiving it in Canada and the US. I'll keep you up-to-date on the current value, but DO NOT TRADE FOR THIS ITEM AT FULL VALUE. I repeat DO NOT TRADE FOR THIS ITEM AT FULL VALUE. It will probably end up dropping quite low in value, as NC card prizes are usually quite common. I've also changed the values of some of the populars to reflect new values, so please check those out. Autumn Back Porch BG is particularly popular right now, and strangely enough, I've noticed a lot of Cherry Blossom Garlands popping UFT. What happened?

Also, keep in mind once again that birthday caps are around the corner, and with it many, many re-releases. You may want to wait to get your hands on NY BGs, PLD, Blooming, etc. ^^

Have fun trading, everyone!

UPDATE: Assorted Potion Shelves have been confirmed to be prizes in $25 NC cards in the US and Canada. The shelf is now trading at a value of 1-2 for the most part.
    Last edited by Naomi; 06-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

rachel (06-10-2014),simmie (06-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Over-Zealous Onsite Guides

As most of you know if you are on the NCC regularly, the guides that most people use now are /~dominant and to a lesser extent, /~the-guide. One of the major problems with /~dominant currently is that the person who owns it seems to be changing the values of items on a whim, rather than carefully considering multiple recent trades as the old /~filigrees owner did. The result? Values are all over the place on the guide. Some have been moved way up, some have plummeted, and some haven't been updated in eons, even though they are clearly out-of-date. Right now, all I can do is advise that you take into consideration what you value your OWN items at. Yes, /~dominant is a good guide, but values on there are extremely subjective. For instance, Shining Princess Gloves used to be at 5 (which in my opinion was a little low... it more consistently traded at 6.) However, it was recently moved all the way up to 8 -- a huge jump in value and inconsistent with trades I've been seeing recently. Similarly, Zencos used to be at 18 and has now dropped down to 12-15, which most people seem very resistant to accept as the legitimate value of the contacts.

Basically what I'm saying here is take into consideration /~dominant, but remember it is not the end all-be all when it comes to trading, just as my own guide is not the end all-be all. My values reflect recent trades I've seen or made myself, but once again, they too are subjective. Now more than ever, I do not think there is any one guide on neopets that can be consistently relied on. Trust your gut about your own items and others' items. If value guides are telling you something you disagree with, don't be afraid to let the other trader know that you disagree with the value. You may lose a trade over it, but you may find out that they too agree that the values are off.

That's my mini-rant. In other news, values have been updated on here to the best of my ability. c: I'm going to leave the guide as it is until birthday caps come out. After birthday caps are released, expect a major revamp of this guide with the addition of a lot of new populars. ^^

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

rachel (06-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Birthday Caps, Oh My!

Birthday caps are now available, which means a slew of re-releases and huge drops in values, due to the influx of available items. I've noted the RRs listed on my value guide, as well as listed the value I estimate that they will stabilize at. However, values are still in flux, and it is unclear exactly how much they will be affected. Because of this, your best bet is to check the rereleases value guide at /~Merrefat or make a value check board. I will adjust values of the rereleases as I witness more trades and the values stabilize.

I've also added Maraqua Frame, Magical Faerie Glade Background, Magical Golden Markings, Cosy Autumn Front Porch Background (RRed), Fancy Sparkles Shower, and Windy Autumn Fence to my value guide.

Several items have also been updated value-wise, such as Robertas and Healing Springs Wig (both from 6-8 to 8.)

I've also moved the value of Sparkling Faerie Wings from 3-4 to 4. The wings are currently in high-demand, possibly due to the recolors; however, they are now available in 3 other shades -- it is only the original that is particularly hard to find currently.

I can't yet say whether or not recolors will affect the value of the original items or even whether or not it is more likely to increase or decrease the value of original items that have been recolored (the major ones in question are Butterfly Dress and Shimmery Rose Top.) So far, I have noted a trend in an increase in popularity for Sparkling Faerie Wings, BUT not for the other recolors. Only time will tell...
    Last edited by Naomi; 07-08-2014 at 10:31 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

Zhukov (07-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Best update ever. Oh man, it had it all. Order information, different colors, you name it. Trends? Yeah, you mentioned it. Sparkle showers? Hyup, that's there too. Oh, and that part where you update the value of Sparkling Faerie Wings from 3-4 to 4? Romby's finest moment. Truly an update for the ages. Stay awesome Mimz.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

Naomi (07-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Y'all Are Crazy.

Added a few new populars that weren't even on my radar, but that have recently inflated in value, namely Rich Golden Eye Makeup and Sweet Silver Violin. (I also added Golden Orb Lights, but those have not inflated as much.)

Right now, inflation and over-offering and general insanity is rampant on the NCC. Golden Scattered Light Garland, Grass Foreground, Evening Rooftop, Ghostly Orbs, Sweet Silver Violin, Rich Golden Eye Makeup, and a few others are the items of the moment, and people are offering like crazy to get these coveted items. Both Sweet Silver Violin and Rich Golden Eye Makeup (both supposed 3-4 cap items) have gone for 7 new gbcs within the last couple days.

On the other hand, it seems /~dominant has dialed it back on inflating values -- she even lowered shining princess gloves to 6 (hey girl, do you read my guide?) Yet, it unfortunately isn't impacting the inflation much; I guess she's not entirely to blame. It's just NCers being kinda crazy and kinda impatient. These fads will pass though, just like the Accessories Shop Dress and Assorted Potion Shelf fad passed.

Other than that, updated a few values -- and that's about it. In 2 days I'll be partyin' it up with Rachel!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

michellea (08-19-2014),Zhukov (07-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Values updated :*