146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

I feel like a loser...

I just realized that I don't actually play Neopets WITH anyone. I'm always alone when I'm on the site. Hell I don't even have any neofriends. It really sucks to look through accounts I've raided and see a giant list of neofriends on each and then I go to my real neofriends and see just my side account. The only time I neomail anyone is to buy/sell/trade an item or pet. Back in the day I had tons of friends that played neo with me I guess it just feels kinda lonely now that they've "grown up" and moved on and I'm still here on neo being a loner. I get on daily and make my account look awesome but really who is going to see it and actually care? Certainly not the random traders and resellers...

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    @(you need an account to see links) I totally understand you, I used to have close friend on Neopets before, but destiny and years end up making most of them leave the site :/ it's kind of difficult now to find those type of friends, that you don't only see online on the list, but that actually talks to you daily and supports you or share your archivements and stuff xD I've tried guilds, to talk with people and make friends, but I haven't being lucky either (and I consider myself a nice supporting person lol, I guess it's hard because everyone already has their close friend circle to share neopets with, and is hard to enter when they are confy already)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I totally understand you, I used to have close friend on Neopets before, but destiny and years end up making most of them leave the site :/ it's kind of difficult now to find those type of friends, that you don't only see online on the list, but that actually talks to you daily and supports you or share your archivements and stuff xD I've tried guilds, to talk with people and make friends, but I haven't being lucky either (and I consider myself a nice supporting person lol, I guess it's hard because everyone already has their close friend circle to share neopets with, and is hard to enter when they are confy already)

I've tried all that too. I join a guild and everyone else is already so close that im the outsider or they just care about getting member and not actually making friends. I try chatting on the boards and the only friend requests I get are from N00bz who have see the items I have for sale and want to be friends so I will give them stuff. And don't get me wrong I love this community and the people who are in it but we are all so secretive here about our accounts for fear that someone will "tattle" that we dont make neofriends on here we just find customers or cheat buddies, or just someone to chat with about day to day things. We don't actually interact on the website we devote so much time to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I have a handful of neofriends still, but tbqh, most of them are close friends that I met on Neo that are also members here...so it's like double-friendage, y'know?
    I know joining guilds and stuff used to be the way that I'd meet a lot of my neofriends, too, but now I find that it's actually a lot more freeing to play the game on the terms I want to and make most of my friends on here.
    The coolest people on Neopets are members here anyway. xD <3

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Colby (03-19-2014),Narkotiq (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    I've tried all that too. I join a guild and everyone else is already so close that im the outsider or they just care about getting member and not actually making friends. I try chatting on the boards and the only friend requests I get are from N00bz who have see the items I have for sale and want to be friends so I will give them stuff. And don't get me wrong I love this community and the people who are in it but we are all so secretive here about our accounts for fear that someone will "tattle" that we dont make neofriends on here we just find customers or cheat buddies, or just someone to chat with about day to day things. We don't actually interact on the website we devote so much time to.

Yeah, is specially hard with guilds that have being around for a while, usually 1 year+ old, have members which are so close already together, that new members end up being ignored xD I don't even know why I keep trying LOL & About clraik.. I must accept I'm not that active here, so I'm not close to anyone, but I do know that people around here end up making strong bonds since I guess friends that know that you cheat = end up having more trust in each other, and more things to share

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    I have a handful of neofriends still, but tbqh, most of them are close friends that I met on Neo that are also members here...so it's like double-friendage, y'know?
    I know joining guilds and stuff used to be the way that I'd meet a lot of my neofriends, too, but now I find that it's actually a lot more freeing to play the game on the terms I want to and make most of my friends on here.
    The coolest people on Neopets are members here anyway. xD <3
    That's very true. I would love to make some Neofriends from here. I just wanna feel like what I'm doing daily on neopets isn't just for me to see. I actually want some recognition. I know I'm not like super elite player extreme but I work hard for the thing I have on my account. (even if that means real life work to pay for all the goodies I have on my account lol). And I also like to see how people are doing with their accounts. I've even secretly followed a couple newbie accounts to see if they ever make anything of themselves or not. (yup that confirms it. I'm a loser lol)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    Yeah, is specially hard with guilds that have being around for a while, usually 1 year+ old, have members which are so close already together, that new members end up being ignored xD I don't even know why I keep trying LOL & About clraik.. I must accept I'm not that active here, so I'm not close to anyone, but I do know that people around here end up making strong bonds since I guess friends that know that you cheat = end up having more trust in each other, and more things to share

I'm not crazy active on here either. I use to be and made all kinds of close bonds with people but it seems I have a habit of befriending not so good people. They always end up turning out to be scammers, traitors, crazy people, or something and they always end up getting banned on here and reporting everyone they knew to TNT out of spite.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Ohh that sucks :/ I guess is hard at first to know people's true nature anyway, and I can understand how here could be harder to fully trust in people. If you'd like someone to talk to or share things with, I'm here for you I consider myself a good person, and kind of n00bish in what this world is related (I've done just a handfull amount of trades and things here to be honest xD chatting and looking at things on sell with hopes to buy in the future is what I mostly do here anyway haha)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I know what you mean, I went at least 5 years without any friends on the site, really, but recently I've befriended a number of people via guilds (I'm really chatty so I guess people just warm up to you over time if you're around all the time and responsive to them) which is really nice. I mean yeah there'll be people who already know each other, but there'll also always be other stragglers who don't know anyone else in the guild... and usually if you befriend one person who's already in a circle, it becomes easier to make friends with the rest of the people in that circle.
    I'd offer to be your NF on the site but yeah, you really never know if you can trust that the other person will keep your secret. I think one person here knows what my actual main is, and I don't know his (or if he even has one) lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (03-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'll be your friend

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by miviresefo View Post
    I know what you mean, I went at least 5 years without any friends on the site, really, but recently I've befriended a number of people via guilds (I'm really chatty so I guess people just warm up to you over time if you're around all the time and responsive to them) which is really nice. I mean yeah there'll be people who already know each other, but there'll also always be other stragglers who don't know anyone else in the guild... and usually if you befriend one person who's already in a circle, it becomes easier to make friends with the rest of the people in that circle.
    I'd offer to be your NF on the site but yeah, you really never know if you can trust that the other person will keep your secret. I think one person here knows what my actual main is, and I don't know his (or if he even has one) lol

Thanks! I'll try that. I haven't had a guild with my most recent account yet. Maybe I'll go guild hunting today. The kind of neofriends I want are the kind that I wouldn't mind opening a sugar skull fortune cookie (or something similar) and putting them on the list to receive an item from it lol. I never get to buy those things.

And I completely understand that. Like I said you never know who you can trust.

Although just to clear it up I am very trustworthy and kind. I don't have time to be evil and mischievous and all that crap lol I have a full time job, life stuff, and other games. There isn't enough time in the day to be a crazy scammer, tattle teller, ETC. lol I may be a cheater (more of a buyer/seller really) but I am a good person

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    I'll be your friend
    Yay! Friends.