34/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    As a person who owns a pet bird, it's a very justifiable fear, especially for large birds. An African Grey, Macaw, Amazon, or any bird with a beak that size could take a finger off if they really wanted to.
    Ah, it's the first time I've heard someone say it's justifiable. Thanks!

I hate large and colorful birds the most. So far I've been able to have brown little birds in near proximity without breaking down, but I think I would if it went anywhere near my body. :/

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have a phobia of horses. Seriously, I love all the weird animals that people normally find scary, I will eagerly and happily pet a snake or tarantula but horses freak me the hell out. They're so big and I feel like they are going to hurt me. I live in a pretty big city where there are sometimes horse-driven cart tours and whenever I'm walking around downtown, I sometimes cross the street just to avoid the big Clydesdale type horses from getting near me. Once in middle school I was at my friend's house for a sleepover and she was watching this documentary about horse racing on TV where they showed a person falling off a horse, which then stomped on that person's leg, so I asked if we could please watch something else because it was upsetting me, she said "no" and then got offended when I asked if I could leave the room and wait for it to be over.

I also have... I don't know if I would call it a phobia, but I have a weird reaction to reading about cryptid stories, unsolved historical mysteries, and so on. Some examples of what I'm talking about would be the Voynich Manuscript, the "Bloop" sound, the Antikythera Mechanism (look these things up if you don't know what they are) or any unexplained "evidence" for things like alien life or ghosts. It's not really a phobia because I actually find this information fascinating, but it also makes me feel strangely sick and nervous, and for some reason I will start crying when thinking about it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by aeyen View Post
    Ah, it's the first time I've heard someone say it's justifiable. Thanks!

I hate large and colorful birds the most. So far I've been able to have brown little birds in near proximity without breaking down, but I think I would if it went anywhere near my body. :/
    I love birds so much. And if you hate the colorful ones, you'll hate what I was doing last time I went to the pet store :

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I love birds so much. And if you hate the colorful ones, you'll hate what I was doing last time I went to the pet store :

I wish I never clicked on the Spoiler tag I do love other pets though, just not birds.

(This is why I could not claim to be an animal lover despite loving most animals except birds XD)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I wish I never clicked on the Spoiler tag I do love other pets though, just not birds.

(This is why I could not claim to be an animal lover despite loving most animals except birds XD)
    Haha sorry! I didn't know if it bothers you to even see them, or if just looking at a photo would be okay... so I put it in a spoiler tag.

I think that's okay. You don't have to love ALL animals to be an animal lover. Most people don't.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Haha sorry! I didn't know if it bothers you to even see them, or if just looking at a photo would be okay... so I put it in a spoiler tag.

I think that's okay. You don't have to love ALL animals to be an animal lover. Most people don't.
    Yes, even to see them bothers me. Especially close-up pictures.

I tried overcoming my fear once by playing a staring game with a really scary (in my opinion) bird.... I ended up with a nightmare OTL

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yes, even to see them bothers me. Especially close-up pictures.

I tried overcoming my fear once by playing a staring game with a really scary (in my opinion) bird.... I ended up with a nightmare OTL
    It takes a special kind of person to actually like birds... enough to own one, anyway. They can live anywhere from 10 to 100 years, depending on the species, and it's literally just like having a toddler. I can definitely understand where that fear may come from, they can be mean little fuckers lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It takes a special kind of person to actually like birds... enough to own one, anyway. They can live anywhere from 10 to 100 years, depending on the species, and it's literally just like having a toddler. I can definitely understand where that fear may come from, they can be mean little fuckers lol.
    Really? They live that long?

We had two birds before (I wasn't always scared of birds lol), one escaped so the other eventually died. The one who got left behind stopped eating, so it's practically a suicide XD Ever had experience with bird suicide?