11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

trying to loose weight but??

Ok, so about a year and a half ago I started working out, and I lost about 50lbs doing this:

eating healthy
    exercise bike for half hr & jogging for a half hour
    I would also switch it up with swimming.

But now, I live a totally different life. I don't have the resources I used to have, all I have now is a park to jog in, places to do crunches, no equipment.
    I now also have a job that I work at quite often. I still try to work out after work aswell.

As for eating healthy, it isn't so easy because is costs quite a bit.
    I also seem to get grossed out of vegetables quite easy. The other day I look one bite out of a salad and immediately spit it out because I just couldn't do it.

Anyone have any workout & healthy food suggestions??

I usually run for a half hour every day to every other day. If I had the motivation it could be everyday..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    See if any of your friends are looking for workout buddies. I think the best motivation is having other people around you. I used to run track and stuff in high school and it was great because there were always people around. Whether it was that person in front of me who I would try to catch, or the people I passed by who were encouraging everyone, there was always something. Since then, I haven't really found running as enjoyable. But if you go for a run with somebody, you will be more inclined to continue or to not let that person down by skipping that day.

For veggies, try preparing them differently, or just try something new. I had never had asparagus before, but it happened to come with a meal I got while out. Needless to say, I thought it was pretty delicious, when cooked properly. Maybe you didn't like the salad, but I'm sure there are other things you will like.

The best way to lose weight is to watch your calorie intake. You can eat pretty much whatever (within reason obviously), but studies show calorie intake is the biggest factor.

Thats all I can think of right now!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    Ok, so about a year and a half ago I started working out, and I lost about 50lbs doing this:

eating healthy
    exercise bike for half hr & jogging for a half hour
    I would also switch it up with swimming.

But now, I live a totally different life. I don't have the resources I used to have, all I have now is a park to jog in, places to do crunches, no equipment.
    I now also have a job that I work at quite often. I still try to work out after work aswell.

As for eating healthy, it isn't so easy because is costs quite a bit.
    I also seem to get grossed out of vegetables quite easy. The other day I look one bite out of a salad and immediately spit it out because I just couldn't do it.

Anyone have any workout & healthy food suggestions??

I usually run for a half hour every day to every other day. If I had the motivation it could be everyday..

I feel like I just read the story of my past 3 years. 3 years ago I started working out as well and everything was going very well, lost about 50 pounds and I was eating healthy and everything.

The gym was just next to my home and I could go by car any time I wanted. I moved out last year though and it all screwed up because I left my car home and the nearest gym is like 30 minutes away in bus. I bought myself an elliptical machine but with college and my job it's hard to find time and motivation.

I probably gained back half of what I lost and it's killing me lol. I try to eat healthy as well and I think I manage that pretty much, but without activity it's not easy to keep your weight stabilized.

Semesters here are not very long and I'm going back home for the summer in April, and I'll have my car back then. I plan on subscribing to the gym in my home town and lose what I have to lose and hopefully still have enough motivation to keep going next fall/sighs.

My food suggestions are mostly that I buy chicken and pork tenderloin when they're discounted and I freeze a huge part of them so when I need some low-fat meat I can get it in not time.

Also beans. Lots of beans.

(you need an account to see links) It cost me like $7-8 top and it's delicious and I have tons of it for the week. /also i didn't do the bread bowl bullshit
    Last edited by Maths; 02-17-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    See if any of your friends are looking for workout buddies. I think the best motivation is having other people around you. I used to run track and stuff in high school and it was great because there were always people around. Whether it was that person in front of me who I would try to catch, or the people I passed by who were encouraging everyone, there was always something. Since then, I haven't really found running as enjoyable. But if you go for a run with somebody, you will be more inclined to continue or to not let that person down by skipping that day.

For veggies, try preparing them differently, or just try something new. I had never had asparagus before, but it happened to come with a meal I got while out. Needless to say, I thought it was pretty delicious, when cooked properly. Maybe you didn't like the salad, but I'm sure there are other things you will like.

The best way to lose weight is to watch your calorie intake. You can eat pretty much whatever (within reason obviously), but studies show calorie intake is the biggest factor.

Thats all I can think of right now!
    I like a bunch of veggies, so I thought but lately its just like they disgust me! I've had exercise partners and all.. its them that quit out on me

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maths View Post

I feel like I just read the story of my past 3 years. 3 years ago I started working out as well and everything was going very well, lost about 50 pounds and I was eating healthy and everything.

The gym was just next to my home and I could go by car any time I wanted. I moved out last year though and it all screwed up because I left my car home and the nearest gym is like 30 minutes away in bus. I bought myself an elliptical machine but with college and my job it's hard to find time and motivation.

I probably gained back half of what I lost and it's killing me lol. I try to eat healthy as well and I think I manage that pretty much, but without activity it's not easy to keep your weight stabilized.

Semesters here are not very long and I'm going back home for the summer in April, and I'll have my car back then. I plan on subscribing to the gym in my home town and lose what I have to lose and hopefully still have enough motivation to keep going next fall/sighs.

My food suggestions are mostly that I buy chicken and pork tenderloin when they're discounted and I freeze a huge part of them so when I need some low-fat meat I can get it in not time.

Also beans. Lots of beans.

(you need an account to see links) It cost me like $7-8 top and it's delicious and I have tons of it for the week. /also i didn't do the bread bowl bullshit
    Same thing here, except I didn't go to college. My equipment broke, I lost motivation. Do you know of any reasonably prices gyms? All here want $100+ just to start a member ship ( So thats good, you don't have to eat all veggies to eat healthy, that makes me happy.
    I like beans, I'll have to try that chili it looks so yummy omg.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I know how you feel, I was hiking up a mountain every day, 2-3 hour hikes and I got down to 107, and within 9 months it's all been creeping back, esp. with the Prozac I'm taking now, which is making me extremely hungry.

What I've been doing for the past two weeks is counting my calories, but not getting a whole lot of exersice so I've only lost a pound.

My friend on the other hand, started work as a dog walker 6 month ago and has lost almost 80 pounds due to walking for 6 hours every day. So jelly. I wish I could offer you some great advice, but I'm not even sure how to handle my own weight gain. Sucks. D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    I know how you feel, I was hiking up a mountain every day, 2-3 hour hikes and I got down to 107, and within 9 months it's all been creeping back, esp. with the Prozac I'm taking now, which is making me extremely hungry.

What I've been doing for the past two weeks is counting my calories, but not getting a whole lot of exersice so I've only lost a pound.

My friend on the other hand, started work as a dog walker 6 month ago and has lost almost 80 pounds due to walking for 6 hours every day. So jelly. I wish I could offer you some great advice, but I'm not even sure how to handle my own weight gain. Sucks. D:
    Your damn right it does Dx
    bout to go jog nowww
    yayaya soo much funn whoohoo! how to make this funner..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Check out some convict conditioning type stuff. I think gyms are great if you're into lifting but if you're looking more towards cardio/strength training, you really don't need a gym. I've like the results I've received by just focusing on what I could do to make my body stronger only using my body - to me it makes so much sense to focus on being able to move your own body weight. You'd be surprised what routine push ups/pull ups/planks/sit ups can do to a body with the right kind of diet.

As far as weight loss goes, it really is 75% in the kitchen. Not to state the obvious, but there is a plethora or information on the internet about healthy eating on a budget. Recipes are your friends - making your own food is generally better bang for your buck. Buying whole foods is both cost effective and more nutritious than processed. Frozen fruits/veg is usually half the cost of their fresh counterparts. Eggs are one of the most versatile and affordable proteins. Ect, ect. While now I don't generally consume myself so much on counting every little calorie, it was quite eye opening when I tracked for a week with that good ole Myfitnesspal app everything I was actually putting into my body.

I love Jess

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Green leafy vegetables and fruits diet is good loss weight.