Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If something will bring back to life neopets...

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    5d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm really hoping that the app does breathe some life back into Neopets but it's a matter of whether it's too little too late ya know.
    Unless they do some really neat things with the app I don't think it'll really have that big of an impact.

Also I can't wait for any possible awkward moments when people are on my phone and spot the Neopets app.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lore For This Useful Post:

Clair (03-03-2014),Raj (03-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    why not have something like neopian roulette, that would be awsome!
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BEDDOEDv For This Useful Post:

Corliss (03-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    31d 16h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Hmm, my only concern is like.
    If they get a ton of new players, it probably won't be our age ( 18 +) because honestly, we only love neopets because most of us grew up with it.
    So the majority of the new players they'll get are younger kids, and I'm worried that the rules will get even stricter and neopets will get more dumbed down to accommodate that ?
    Idk, what do you guys think ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixE View Post
    Hmm, my only concern is like.
    If they get a ton of new players, it probably won't be our age ( 18 +) because honestly, we only love neopets because most of us grew up with it.
    So the majority of the new players they'll get are younger kids, and I'm worried that the rules will get even stricter and neopets will get more dumbed down to accommodate that ?
    Idk, what do you guys think ?
    I think you make a great point. I also think that the app will bring in new users but that Neopets would do a lot better if Premium could be purchased for other users exactly like Gold features on a certain other site that we all probably frequent... I'm positive that if I could do so, I would buy a month of premium membership for another player if they said or did something cool.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EdenQueen For This Useful Post:

Trinket (03-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    7d 16h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I really really REALLY want something cute like Pokemon-Amie, but with my Neopet. I will poke it and pet it and feed it neggs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    There are so many endless suggestions that they have yet to take on. When they sent out that NC survey back in November/December, I sent in an enormous list of constructive suggestions, and of course, they have yet to take notice. Some that I remember:

1. Increasing the quality of NC items. Right now, they're pumping out a new item daily (or at least four items a week) with terrible quality, most of which are obtained via capsules and left to rot in the deposit box for eternity. People like quality shit, what's so hard to understand about that?
    2. Allow users to submit their own NC item designs (and possibly NP items in the future). They'd be using what fans want, they'd have a plethora of new ideas -- the base work would pretty much be done for them. If they also charged a fee for this (subeta charges $50 to submit a custom design and there's no guarantee it'll get accepted, yet people purchase that ability like hotcakes), they'd make an absolute fortune to spend on better improving the rest of the site. They claim this isn't possible due to legal problems that could arise, but if users agree to renounce all rights upon upload, there's no freaking problem.
    3. Allow users to resell their NC items for NP -- not to other users, but to the mall itself. They wouldn't lose USD through it, and people would get rid of their junk. While this would fuck with the cheating scene's market by having a new surplus of NP coming in, it would benefit them. Why they haven't considered something like this is beyond me.
    4. Selling the ability to change usernames. Can you imagine how many people would buy these? If they were priced as high as $100, people would still snap them up. They claim that their servers can't handle something like that -- if cheating forums support name changes, they sure as hell can. If their servers are so crap right now that it'll essentially bring down the site with too many people changing their names, then they desperately need to consider an upgrade. They belong to Viacom. Viacom.
    5. The ability to change pet names -- much like the above.
    6. Being more lenient on cheaters. I know they hate us with a passion, but the reason the mall is doing so badly right now, is because the majority of big players have turned to cheating in one way or another -- be it buying NP/items/pets, using programs, NT comics and BC entries, just allowing a friend to get them an avatar, etc. Even Runescape doesn't always outright ban for buying gold these days; they remove the offending goods and issue a warning. I don't see why TNT can't just do that. If there's a repeat offence then sure, freeze the account, but a second chance can go a long way.

/rant

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trinket For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (03-02-2014),Corliss (03-02-2014),EdenQueen (03-02-2014),goodieboy (03-02-2014),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-02-2014)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    122d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyta View Post
    I really really REALLY want something cute like Pokemon-Amie, but with my Neopet. I will poke it and pet it and feed it neggs.
    That would be pretty damn cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    There's never going to be a new species though, there's no way they'd be able to/want to redraw the thousands of wearables
    Yep, TNT pretty much shot themselves in the foot on that note. They've pretty much created a mother-load of extra work for themselves, especially waiting this late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    There are so many endless suggestions that they have yet to take on. When they sent out that NC survey back in November/December, I sent in an enormous list of constructive suggestions, and of course, they have yet to take notice. Some that I remember:

1. Increasing the quality of NC items. Right now, they're pumping out a new item daily (or at least four items a week) with terrible quality, most of which are obtained via capsules and left to rot in the deposit box for eternity. People like quality shit, what's so hard to understand about that?

/rant
    Part of the reason why I stopped buying NC some time ago. In the past 2-3 years, I can name off maybe 2-4 (if I'm feeling generous) items that are actually NICE all year long. Some of the animated items look choppy as shit. Hell, it's probably part of the reason why there were no new New Year's Backgrounds this time around. Ever since the original batch, they haven't been as impressive.

Oh almost forgot: I wonder how much profit they actually make from that new 'Basics' shop? From what I saw with reactions, some people got excited when they saw it in the news, only to be disappointed when it lead to the NC Mall. Those would have been perfect to release as neopoint items but I suppose if you're hurting for cash...
    Last edited by Hydrapple; 03-02-2014 at 01:11 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hydrapple For This Useful Post:

Trinket (03-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dor View Post
    Part of the reason why I stopped buying NC some time ago. In the past 2-3 years, I can name off maybe 2-4 (if I'm feeling generous) items that are actually NICE all year long. Some of the animated items look choppy as shit. Hell, it's probably part of the reason why there were no new New Year's Backgrounds this time around. Ever since the original batch, they haven't been as impressive.

Oh almost forgot: I wonder how much profit they actually make from that new 'Basics' shop? From what I saw with reactions, some people got excited when they saw it in the news, only to be disappointed when it lead to the NC Mall. Those would have been perfect to release as neopoint items but I suppose if you're hurting for cash...
    Exactly. I mean, what the fuck are these? Who will even wear those?

I hadn't heard of the basics shop; when was that released? Is it just really cheap NC mall stuff?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    See the only thing that makes me think this is gonna be another failure in the long list of things neo does is because it is less than a drop for the Viacom ocean

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Damn, this was the first I've head of the app. Had to go look it up just to be sure I wasn't going crazy. Do we have any dates on when this thing will be released?

I hope it isn't like a BD beta type thing where we wait 5 years for anything to happen/for the 500 bugs to be fixed.
    Also I hope there's exploits.. :3