DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 21h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    its quite simple, just like everything in this world, the larger sites have better supplier and connects...there are trillions of nps for sale at all times lol I know a bunch of sellers who have over 10 billion nps for sale right now all of which are not genned what so ever...websites like that are not hard to keep up with with illegit nps (not genned)...and there is no way on neopets to tell if an item is genned or not, your pile of dung in your inventory could be genned for all you know lol. so really i guess im trying to say the larger selling sites are just conglomerates of multiple large sellers working together to unload their massive stock of nps

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Ya I get what your saying, there bigger and have more people working with them, but if neopets only releases a certain number of say M-Skulls and if a site has an unending stock of M-skulls then obviously theirs something going on, and most likely its duped.
    And like you said yourself you can never know its duped or not, you just paid money for a pile of shit literally, until TNT exposes you. Unless its HT items since they are easily accessible but some cove items could be duped. Also the nps they generate could probably come from them Autobuying.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 21h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    autobuying cant supply nearly enough nps to run a site, its mostly unregs and hash lists and other hacking methods of accounts and stealing from the accounts that pays for most of the stuff on this market and those markets. and for the mskulls and suaps and stuff I think you have an idea in your head that these items sell a ton, I use to supply for like 3 selling sites and the large items like suap and stuff sell maybe 1 every 3-5 months...if that and a lot of the time it goes like this
    1. website sells suap (capped item by tnt so it works for your scenario about genning)
    2. Buyer gets suap and is super happy with this rare item for a month or so
    3. Buyer of suap decides to sell suap to get different items cuz they get bored of it.
    4. Suap is now back on the market, and now the seller of neopoints can re-buy that same suap with some pure/ets items that got from accounts ect and sell that same suap again

its the circle of life haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I see if they do not sell a lot then it makes more sense.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I think you might be confusing duped items with genned items. In most instances, it's not very easy for TNT to track it. I've had both duped and genned items. I think duped items are less safe because they have to be moved off the account they were duped on. An example of this is from a few years back when TCG's could be duped. There are still item gens available, but the amount of people with access to them is next to nothing. Genned items are completely new items generated onto your account. They act and appear just the same as any other item. They have all the same characteristics, abilities, etc etc. I'd say buy things from people in game is less safe than a genned item actually haha. In game, you have the public eye, people watching. Whereas if you get a suap genned on your account, nobody knows, nobody sees.

Regarding other sites...different sites have different methods. Can't go telling all the secrets now can we ;p
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Shinji (02-26-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Don't they chain ice if you moved the item from account to another? Wait I don't understand genned is generated within your account and dupe is what?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_xxx View Post
    Don't they chain ice if you moved the item from account to another? Wait I don't understand genned is generated within your account and dupe is what?
    I don't think there are any dupes available. I've only ever known of one.
    Genned is like..creating a whole new item, it's not a copy of anything. It's it's own item, it's own item ID.. it's just like any other item.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Best not to dupe it pisses may people off and ends up in a huge freeze chain of legits and illegits caught up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Well dupping you'd have two items with the same ID, and that would raise a red flag. To be honest I'm not even sure if its possible anymore compared to when I first played in 2002.

As far as generating an item, it would have its own ID. The only thing is they keep track of large items such as the SuAP, DSoD, ect. So if the amount increases from lets say 150 to 152, they'll look into it.

It's safer to genn smaller items or items that restock regularly.
    I am a human being, nothing human is alien to me.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingchampion View Post
    Well dupping you'd have two items with the same ID, and that would raise a red flag. To be honest I'm not even sure if its possible anymore compared to when I first played in 2002.

As far as generating an item, it would have its own ID. The only thing is they keep track of large items such as the SuAP, DSoD, ect. So if the amount increases from lets say 150 to 152, they'll look into it.

It's safer to genn smaller items or items that restock regularly.

Do they not keep track of which accounts they're on?

I always assumed they did because I've known of people who have gotten frozen just for a friend giving them a rare item
    It was for their protection, and they did get everything back, but still just even gifting it...?