2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

duped item question

if i get a duped item from someone, say a weapon, and I use it in the battledome, will its effects be different right? If it is not duped it will carry out the proper effect? I mean I just want to use it and see if the item is the right one.

Sorry I just learned about duped items, have been on neopets hiatus for about 5 years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    duped items work the exact same way as legit items, but they are much more dangerous to have on accounts and get you frozen easily hope that answers your question!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Getwellsoon For This Useful Post:

|2eap (02-27-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    so I can have an duped item that is the EXACT same as the real item and performs the EXACT same function but its not the real thing? Like a fake rolex?

How will I know the difference? I herd you can check the ID from its source code, but I tried that and I don't quite understand what ID I compare it to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_xxx View Post
    so I can have an item that is the EXACT same as something and performs the EXACT same function but its not the real thing? Like a fake rolex?
    Well it is kind of the real thing, there's just two of them now as opposed to one. So yes, it would perform the exact same in the battledome.

Selling everything - PM me what you're looking for!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Oh okay, its like duplicating an item I see. Like in WoW where you can dupe gold. But how can I tell the difference between a real one and a fake, since I don't want to be frozen.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Thats kinda scary...How many people buy nps, and most of them probably do not even know if theirs is duped or not. I'm pretty sure there is a way to tell, I know for WoW you could tell the difference between duped items and non duped as their performance had a minute difference and if you check their code for instance using CE, it would be different. So I'm sure you can do it with Neopets dupes as well...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    you have to go by the sellers word, I dont think there is really any way to tell the difference, but if a seller lies about that kind of stuff and gets caught they get banned on the site, so i would say just buy from a reputable seller who claims it isnt genned and you should be good to go

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I see, they patch frequently, but I've recently visited some sites that offer items/services and some of them have outlandish services available and in stock most of the time, which makes you wonder how exactly did they acquire all that and at such a high amount consistently. Other places I know run out frequently and are inconsistent with what items/services they can offer, these places seem more legitimate in terms of ability to acquire goods as alot of the big items/services as based on luck. Both places are equally reputable however. It just makes me thing something fishy is going on with the sellers who have consistent top performance. Similar to a stock market where one portfolio manager is continuously outperforming the market it becomes obvious he is doing something much different...

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    i'm a little confused by that statement
    why would being able to tell the difference in WoW's duped items
    lead you to believe that Neopets is capable of that as well? :p
    because both are computer games and both are coded? When a company codes something they usually leave a watermark or distinction in coding as opposed to a duper.
    Last edited by BGH; 02-25-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    thats like comparing computers to cars lol two totally different games...and genning items is EXTREMELY hard to do, and if someone does learn how to gen they will be selling any item in the game including suaps, skarls swords, wodf's ect for like $200 or cheaper..so you can always tell when they are genned and stuff..as of right now i know of 0 people who know how to gen items...tnt patches the gitches ppl use to gen items very quickly

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i'm a little confused by that statement
    why would being able to tell the difference in WoW's duped items
    lead you to believe that Neopets is capable of that as well? :p