Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Body Types/Shapes and Weight Loss

Everyone's always told me I'm an hourglass and they're supposed to be nice but I've always hated my body shape. Recently I did a body shape calculator thing and it told me I'm a pear because my hip measurement is bigger than my bust measurement ~ what can you do about small boobs
    It's weird because I'm pretty sure the weight goes to my stomach if anything, so wouldn't I be more of an apple rather than a pear?
    I had these measurements though:
    bust - 30.5"
    waist - 24.0"
    hips 36.5"
    But for hips it's like that widest part of your thighs right? So weird because I never realized I have big thighs or whatever. I think it's probably my bone structure though, my bones are pretty big i general I think, like my shoulders are kind of wide and my collar bones and hip bone things are huge and stick out a ton and even where i don't have much fat I still have bone so I don't feel skinny?
    What were those body type things like endomorph and mesomorph or whatever (someone fill me in) and do those have to do with where/how much weight you can lose or is that your body shape?
    I wanna lose like 5-10 pounds by june but I'm so busy I don't really have time to go to the gym anymore. Does anyone have any at-home short little exercise routines that help drop a pound or so every now and then? Or any natural food/drinks that do the trick?
    Also omg my arms are like flabby and i don't know what to do about them, I think I have really loose skin. Can lifting weights fix that or am I doomed? I don't want muscular arms though, so tough.
    Okay so basically what do you think my body shape/type is and how can I lose the flab on my arms and shed like 5-10 pounds.
    (I think I uploaded a picture but idk if it's working bc phone)
    Also, share your stories if you have any!! What's your body type and what kind of exercise routine or food menu thing do you have ^__^

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i deleted this picture bc horrible
    Last edited by Cute; 04-27-2014 at 03:44 AM.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Hi hello @(you need an account to see links) we're like the same person omg??
    I, too, have a 'pear' shape (shakes fist at small boobs!!) except I have pretty broad man-shoulders lmao. The top half of my body is bonier as well as my collar bones stick out etc etc compared to my bigger lower half.

so yay, for the most part, I thiiink I'm exactly like you, so hopefully I can help you out here with what I'm currently doing n___n
    Everyone has a sexy natural feature of their bodies and luckily for us it's the curve in our sides that give the 'hourglass' - the slim waist
    So, you just gotta protect it. I'm not sure what you'd want to change about your shape but for me it's my stomach that sticks outward haha since everything I eat goes boop right into my stomach/thighs
    What I've been doing is just strictly doing cardio for an hour every day (except Fridays) so I can cut down the extra fat before toning and stuff. I'm not too concerned about muscles, but on the other hand, since my boyfriend was, he used his fat to his advantage and converted it to muscle by doing cardio AND training, so if that's what ur into, that's what you should do although you'll weigh a little heavier due to packing on muscle. And hey it works bc now he's a hot lean muscle dweeb $$$

Anyways, the good thing about big thighs is that you probably have a big butt too. So slimming down your thighs via squats and stuff will help you lose weight faster and also perk up dat booootay

Working out your legs, specifically calves, burns the MOST calories so a lot of the exercise routines I do have a lot of that
    Since you want to shed weight, that's the route to go n__n

I've been doing HIIT workouts from (you need an account to see links)
    (Youtube channel here: (you need an account to see links)
    she's really cute and has a lot of good advice on her Ask Cassey vids)
    HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training and it's a lot more fun than regular cardio like jogging on the treadmill or something
    It's just a set of 30 second to 1 minute moves of extreme cardio with a few 'recovery' moves in between- they're still cardio, but it's just enough to catch your breath
    She has a lot of videos solely about HIIT cardio workouts, but if you want to work on your entire body as a whole, she has a nice little workout calendar on her website!!

I've also learned that it's really hard to spot-reduce fat, meaning there aren't any moves that will make you lose fat in only ONE area, and for someone like me who's really discontent with my belly, it was hard news to hear lol
    But that's okay hehe I've been doing HIIT videos by Cassey on Youtube and I can already see a difference
    Mostly in my butt and I'm fine w/ that

As for healthy eating, I'm still trying to work on that, it's a struggle since I have a habit of stress eating and it intensifies esp before exams So I can't give too much advice in that area but buy a lot of ffruits and veggies and just have them around the house so you know what to reach out for. It's a lot easier to have them conveniently lying around rather than chips and shit.

Anyway, your body shape is great, I've always loved it because hellloooo what ya lack for in boobs ya make up for in curviness of your waist and a buttlicious behind
    But yea it's really important to protect that slimness of your waist!! lol

This was all over the place but I just finished working out actually so I'm dying for a shower
    Last edited by Maki; 04-26-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't think you should lose any weight.
    If you want to get in better 'shape', which you don't need to at all, I would suggest weight train and gain a few lbs instead. It'll make a much bigger and better difference than any fat loss on you since you're pretty tiny as is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    hi hello @(you need an account to see links) are we really the same person that's so cool nice to meet you
    omg you must have a lot of determination to be able to do an hour a day haha i suck at motivating myself. i used to go to the gym twice a week but haven't in like a month because no time.
    also, it's funny because i don't have a big bum either LOL they're both like similar sized, likke they're not super small but not big either!! i talked to my friend about having small boobs and she was like "really? i thought yours would be big because your butt is so small" AWkward
    that HIIT thing sounds fun!! i'm glad there's a channel, i'll have to try some of her videos at home. ^_^ and i didn't know you calf workouts burned the most calories, i'll have to try those too!! thank you <3
    @(you need an account to see links) i guess gaining muscle is okay too, i don't really wanna be super muscular but being fit wouldn't hurt!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) okay so i tried a 20 minute HIIT workout and it was great but i DIED hoooow do you do an hour a day girl thats crazy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cute For This Useful Post:

Maki (04-27-2014)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    LMAO @(you need an account to see links) I do multiple smaller ones!!! I used to take like 5 min breaks halfway through bc I'm soft but the breaks got shorter overtime
    The ones I usually pick from are a mix of "POP Cardio: Fat Melting Routine", "Heart on Fire", "POP Cardio: Summer Sweatfest", "POP Cardio: Heart Throbber" and sometimes the "Food Baby" one but it's the hardest one so I don't really do that one unless I get supes motivated So if you do like 4, issok to take a 5 min break after 2 or something!!
    B'yeah, pace yourself and it's already enough that you're starting up already
    Drink lots of water during the day before you work out so you don't get dizzy while you work out I know I'm lazy when I think drinkin water is a pain bc I have to pee every few mins (LOL!!) but working out feels way better when you're not dizzy or lightheaded through it.
    So yeah YOU CAN DO IT GIRL ONE HOUR!!! PACE URSELF U DONT HAVE TO KEEP UP WITH HER she goes super fast for a beginner LOL

If u continue this Id love to hear abt your journey

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Gaining a bit of muscle is always good : )
    Esp. for your metabolism as you age. And it'll be a good habit to do strength training so it's easier when you get older and likely need it more? haha
    I'm not -too- well versed in training/weight loss but my friends that are are all adamant about strength training and the benefits.

This is from a tumblr I follow, but this girl practically lost no weight and just trained up and toned

BUT EITHER WAY, I saw that picture of you before you deleted it and honestly you look great and really don't need to lose any weight at all! The weight is just a number!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skylily For This Useful Post:

Banannie (04-30-2014),Cute (04-28-2014),Maki (04-27-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    i weigh like 126 pounds or something!!! i am the biggest I've been in months, usually I'm around 118 pounds. december last year i was 115. i am 5"5 tall. not sure of my measurements exactly & idk where my measuring tape is haha ;~( i wear size xs/s clothes usually. i have very small hips + huge thighs (no matter how small i am, i don't ever have a gap because of how small my hips are) my collarbones stick out a LOT and i have small boobs (they look smaller because of how broad my shoulders/back are) i am not petite and even if i was drastically underweight id still look big purely b/c so broad/big lmao. like my bone structure is actually giant. I'm naturally quite 'muscly' and have had defined calves since like, birth. my body shape is very boxy + rectangular. I'm pretty much straight up and down. when I'm 118 pounds, i don't have much shape. but tbh i think that suits me, i don't really suit big/curves. I'm trying really hard to get back to 118, it's proving harder than i thought. but apparently cutting out bread is like the best thing you can do, diet is really important + lots of cardio for weight loss!! (light weights if you're looking to tone) p.s i love youuu @(you need an account to see links)

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

also my body is weird and a lot of people tell me i look thinner than my weight actually is. so maybe my bones just weigh a million pounds. but I'm still not comfortable atm and would like to get back to 118~

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

also I'm no dietician but I'm of the understanding eating every few hours (6 small meals a day or something) of like salads, lean protein (like chicken) and snacks like almonds + berries are filling and nutritious. coupled with some form of exercise... things like pizza, pasta, bread (all the processed stuff) you really need to eliminate from your diet. because it's impossible to be thin and eat that shit, maybe for some people but your metabolism will change as you grow older. buy like sugar free chocolate ahahhaa because i know how much you like your chocolate!! and like print off a pic of yourself looking as fat and ugly as possible and stick it on the fridge and you'll see it eveyrtime you go to get junk. its not necessarily about limiting yourself from food you love!! but if you're not happy you need to look at what you can do + not do to change it. even if you just go for walks sometimes, my friend walks everywhere and its really healthy + good for weight loss. i for one am super unfit and haven't been to the gym a day in my life, so i do things like walk to work a few times a week + take my dogs for extra walks + go for a run on the treadmill etc. OH ALSO DONT EAT aT NIGHT TIME you should really not eat anything after dinner apparently its like the worst.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sick For This Useful Post:

Cute (04-28-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) you motivated me to do a bit more last night so I did one of her flat belly ones then half of her HIIT bikini body one and gave up SOBS
    She's so energetic and talks throughout them all and it's amazing because I can't even breathe after a few minutes, so unfit.
    And i woke up with a really sore lower body and its been like 14 hours and my bum and legs still kill i am so SORE i think i'll just do some running tomorrow and go easier on the HIIT stuff once my body feels better LOL
    @(you need an account to see links) wow that girl looks like she lost quite a bit and she looks great!!!! Does she have her exercise routine or meal plans anywhere? and you're right, i'm pretty weak and wanna work out so i'm not a frail old lady one dayy

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

@Sick i love YOU
    Is bread bad for you?? Omg i'm horrified because i was just on break for 3 weeks and had toast for breakfast almost every day
    Hahahaha pizza sucks i love it i ordered some yesterday then realized i was trying to eat healthy then decided i didnt care and ate chocolate while waiting for my pizza is there really sugar free chocolate where can i get it @(you need an account to see links) OMG I FEEL LIKE I HAVE LOVE HANDLES TOO OMG i hate them i hate my hips!!! i'm 5'5 and like 118lb so i think we're pretty similar but it could be the bones because no matter how much weight i lose i don't think my hips are getting any smaller but i guess like bodycon dresses and stuff look good hehe but otherwise theyre just wide and it sucks but be thankful some girls would die to have big hips!!!!