View Poll Results: Should I create an Anime Streaming Website / Should I let people do their own reviews?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes / Yes

1 14.29%
  • Yes / No

3 42.86%
  • No / Yes

2 28.57%
  • No / No

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ★ Discord Reviews: Animes

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

★ Discord Reviews: Animes

Hi :3
    I'm Discord, but of course you already know that (or maybe not...)

Anyways, here I am with another project: to help people when it comes to "What anime(s) should I watch?"
    So why not have a Reviews Guide?

Disclaimer: this will only include animes I've watched (but I plan on letting other people do their own reviews and include them in the guide).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Death Note
    Original Name: (デスノート Desu Nōto)
    Writer: Tsugumi Ohba
    Date of Release: December 2003 to May 2006
    Aired: October 2006 to June 2007
    Chapters: 108
    Episodes: 37
    Manga Publisher: Shueisha
    Anime Developer: Madhouse
    Score: 4.5/5.0

Imagine one day you come across a notebook, but one that isn't like those notebooks that you can buy at the nearest bookstore. By writing someone�s name on that notebook, you can kill that someone. Sounds really weird, right? What would you do?

The story of Death Note starts when a perfect student, Yagami Light, comes across the Death Note, a Shinigami�s (God of Death) notebook. On the Death Note, there is an instruction on how to use it, written in English language. Light, being curious, tries to write a criminal�s name onto the Death Note, and much to his disbelief, the criminal dies. Light then vows to rid the world of evil to make a better world by executing every criminal under the name of Kira.

A few weeks later, the authorities begin to notice there are unusual deaths going among the criminals, and then decide to bring in the legendary detective L (who has solved many impossible cases before) to track down whoever is killing the criminals. While it is true that the criminal rate has gone down drastically ever since Kira shows up, L believes that Kira is promoting peace in the wrong way.

So... gotta say, the art is really well-drawn. Although most of the time it shows guys, the girls are really well drawn as well and I believe the art style in this anime is really suitable for the genre. The art is has a pretty realistic and mysterious quality, while also being anime-like.

As for the sound, I find it really interesting sound-wise. The background music, which slides in every now and then, allows you to feel the suspense and keep you on the edge of your seat. The voice actors/actresses are also pretty good.

The characters are very unique and varied. Light won�t bat an eye when killing people and L likes to sit with his legs raised on the chair (he explains why). They are pretty much opposite in everything they do, but both don�t like to lose and will do practically anything to avoid it. In my opinion, that makes the anime interesting.

If you like thinking, Death Note is the anime for you, seriously. It requires a bit of thinking in order to fully understand what�s going on. It�s really interesting to see how Kira and L try to outsmart each other, and it becomes even more interesting when you can actually understand why they do what they do.

So... I guess this is the end for now. I seriously have just finished watching Death Note yesterday and everything is still really fresh in my mind. It was interesting to watch, it's short and makes you want more and more. I think this is hands-down one of the best animes out there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Blue Exorcist
    Original Name: (青の祓魔師(エクソシスト) Ao no Ekusoshisuto)
    Writer: Kazue Katō
    Date of Release: April 2009 to December 2012
    Aired: April 2011 to June 2007
    Chapters: 51
    Episodes: 25
    Manga Publisher: Shueisha
    Anime Developer: A-1 Pictures
    Score: 4.7/5.0

Do you like Action animes? Because I do, and Blue Exorcist is AWESOME when it comes to Action.

An ordinary boy living at the Southern Cross Boys' Monastery, Rin Okumura, encounters a boy who has been possessed by a demon. Amidst the struggle, he not only awakens latent powers sealed within him, but also learns that he is the son of Satan... that escalated quickly.

Since he is no longer able to stay under the protection of the church and with his very existence being in the line between human and demon, Rin decides to fight against his father and joins the True Cross Order as an exorcist. And so he must attend the True Cross Academy and begin special exorcist training alongside his new comrades while keeping his identity a secret.

Honestly, what caught my attention was the promise of sweet fights with lots of blue flames... and that's what I got.
    Assuming you have no problem with the color blue, the fights are very entertaining to watch and beautifully animated, it easily adapts to multiple fighting styles with a variety of weapons amongst the characters.
    Not only that, but the fights follow a natural progression allowing story and action to remain even with each other.

About the animation, not much to say, really. A-1 has a great animation and I like the style.

The characters are genuine and they have a great chemistry between them. Unfortunately, the plot ends up being rushed and it eventually decides to go with its own storyline.

Still, I've really enjoyed watching it and I still want to read the manga series. Like I said, if you enjoy blue flames and fights, just give it a shot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Sword Art Online
    Original Name: (ソードアート・オンライン Sōdo Āto Onrain)
    Writer: Reki Kawahara
    Date of Release: April 2009 to October 2012
    Aired: July 2012 to December 2012
    Chapters: Missing Info
    Episodes: 25
    Manga Publisher: Dengeki Bunko
    Anime Developer: A-1 Pictures
    Score: 4.0/5.0

Sword Art Online... you probably heard of it at least once. But if you didn't, no problems, you're about to:
    The idea of Sword Art Online is SO GREAT that I wish it was real, or at least part of it.

It is divided in 4 arcs: Sword Art Online, ALfheim Online, Gun Gale Online and UnderWorld.
    So far, only the first two have anime versions and Gun Gale Online is expected to air later this year (they say it will be in April under the name of Sword Art Online II).

However, I'll only talk about Sword Art Online. Why? Because ALfheim Online is connected to Sword Art Online and I don't want to give spoilers.
    I'll give a general idea about what I think, just won't get into plot details.

That being said, let's start about what Sword Art Online really is:

In a near future, science has developed a new technology called Nerve Gear which allowed the person to control their character in a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) using the power of their minds, making it possible to use the device to enter a totally new world and fully play a game from your bed, for example.
    Sword Art Online is the first of the kind, and it's finally open for people to play (only 10,000 copies of the game were sold, and they had some beta-testing before).
    That's where we meet our main character: Kirito. He's been a Beta Player and got one of the copies so that he could play.

Sounds really nice, right? Well, you're wrong.
    Unfortunately, it becomes all too real when the creator of the game hijacks all the Nerve Gear devices so that if you die in the game, you will die in real life.

But why don't they simply disconnect and don't play the game at all? Because the hijack also included not being able to disconnect.
    And how do they escape from the survival game? By clearing all 100 floors, each one having a powerful boss to be fought by full parties.
    And that's it, I can't say anything else or else it would ruin the experience.

What I think? The concept is AWESOME, like I said: I wish it was real.
    But I don't think it was fully explored by the plot.
    Not only that, but it was really rushed (probably because they were limited by 25 episodes), it skips a lot of action and focuses more on Kirito and Asuna (yes, I haven't mentioned Asuna, you'll get to know her sooner than you think).

The animation however... I like A1-Pictures, and they have done a tremendous job this time.
    It's all really colourful, alive, the traces and designs are really well done.

I also find myself enjoying the soundtrack and the voices really fit the characters personality, and I love the fact that every character (and there's a lot) have different personalities.

I can say the same about ALfheim Online, except that I didn't like the plot.
    The idea was great and the animation really well done aswell.

And yes, this review is bigger than the other two. Maybe because this was my first anime and the fact that I had to mention ALfheim Online and the other arcs.
    But I don't really have much more to say, really, I might remember more stuff and probably add to this.
    So... that's it, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as the others and... just wait for the next one xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be updating with more reviews over the next days =)

Last edited by Ban; 02-25-2014 at 08:43 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ban For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (03-21-2014),Brett (02-23-2014),Heartunderblade (02-24-2014),Maki (02-24-2014),zxzero (03-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    if you did i can finally stop bugging @(you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-23-2014),Cath (02-23-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    if you did i can finally stop bugging @(you need an account to see links)
    I will xD
    I've really been getting into animes lately, gotta share them with everyone ^^

I'm also accepting suggestions on animes to watch and review :3
    Writing about Blue Exorcist now

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Sword Art Online =3

Skype; live:th3_l3vy

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Sword Art Online =3
    I've seen that one ;3
    Including Alfheim Online xD

Since they are releasing Gun Gale Online as anime in April this year, it will be the next one featured on a review ^^
    I'll do it tomorrow c:

-

Also, two questions for you guys:

1. Should I hide each review under a Spoiler? (I fear the post might get too big eventually)
    2. Should I include screenshots?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    yeah spoilers would be better @(you need an account to see links), but screenshots wouldn't do much imo

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    yeah spoilers would be better @(you need an account to see links), but screenshots wouldn't do much imo
    Aye! I'll figure something out about the spoilers tomorrow xD
    And no screenshots I suppose :3

I've updated with Blue Exorcist.
    I feel like I've missed something on that one, but I'll read and make some changes tomorrow, I'm just really tired n_n

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Maybe do ranking when it gets too long. I only want to read or watch the really good stuff.
    Though it would be fun to read your thoughts on something REALLY bad.

& hmm it would be interesting to read your views but I feel like if people really wanted to find anime that will interest them, they are better off going to review sites.
    Everyone has different tastes in genres after all.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartunderblade View Post
    Maybe do ranking when it gets too long. I only want to read or watch the really good stuff.

& hmm it would be interesting to read your views but I feel like if people really wanted to find anime that will interest them, they are better off going to review sites.
    Well, I made this with the purpose of giving thoughts about good and bad animes I watch, that's why I asked for suggestions c:

And I understand your point, but this is only to help people get started.
    Of course I don't plan on doing anything professional, really, I just want to have something to do when I'm bored and it will also help me to become a better writer than I am today.
    If people like the idea of my review, they can search for other more in-depth reviews and decide if they want to watch it xD

Honestly, I had to ask for suggestions on what to watch (when I first started) because I couldn't find anything too organized or something c:

I'm also working on a story in Portuguese at the moment xD

Anyways, thank you for your opinion <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartunderblade View Post

Those reviews come from people and everyone has different taste so it really doesn't matter who reviews it that's just that one beings review, watch YouTube trailers and live it if that don't work move to the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk