Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do men like in a prospective long term girlfriend?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    FIRST POST IN LIKE 4 WEEKS BUT THIS THREAD HIT HOME

recently broke up with a long time gf. relationship full of problems. I date because I feel that the only point of dating is to find a potential person you want to marry. in all honesty I just want a girl that is my girlFRIEND because she could be my friend if we didn't love each other. You have to be able to get along with your significant other on topics that have nothing to do with liking each other. Everything (especially for the first year) is so cute and seems perfect.. no matter what it is. going to lunch. going to movies. sitting around (and doing other things lol). But each of those events is influenced by your affection and a lot of times lust. I want a girl that has similar hobbies as me, because at the end of the day, if you have free time with your spouse, to spend weekends doing something you both love with no compromise is priceless. personalities can't clash either.
    In my philosophy, i'm all for making relationships work, but in the same sense, equipping a kacheek with an eyrie's armor just doesn't work. there's 7 billion people out there.. out of the 3.5+billion of the other sex, there's bound to be someone who has similar interests, a likeable personality that goes along with yours, shares the same beliefs, lives in the same country, and hey maybe theyre attractive and will do crazy things in bed as a bonus. What? haha anyways..

-Lord Darigan, the single bachelor with a castle so come here ladies

---How to EASILY get free unactive unreg neopets accounts!!---
    (you need an account to see links)
    ---How to find certain pets and accounts using Google!---
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Darigan For This Useful Post:

Banannie (02-22-2014),Dan (02-23-2014),I_royalty_I (02-22-2014),Misha (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    speaking from personal experience there is no "thing/things" i look for, it all depends on the girl, i have very varied tastes, some girls are sweet, some are mean, some like cuddles, some reject physical contact, some have soooo much in common with me, others have totally different tastes, all bring something different to the table and each one i care about for a different reason. ive always been a very loving person and like to share my love, but when it comes to the girls ive known its just a feeling, that click that i know, then i know i want to get to know them.

be yourself, if they dont want to know you for who you are then they arnt worth knowing. we love you lots xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vampyd1977 For This Useful Post:

Banannie (02-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Thanks man. I'm gunna go out and find a weirdo. He and I are gunna have a lot of hypothetical slightly, but not completely one sided talks about life and philosophy, but not some reitorated crap that someone has belched out before his time. True words. Nothing wonky and bullschlacky. I'm gunna remake my Facebook and ask this one dude out I've been smitten on for a long time.

And if not, gunna ask this other dude I am less smitten on, but have a feeling that he is still just an super awesome once I talk to him more.

The second one is more obtainable, the first one is more... possible soul matesque. He's going in my Pok�ball.

Okay bed time now, I am almost sobered up...! (I don't pretend to type like a moron for the attention value. Drunk or not, one eye closed you can see the keyboard. The letters are like HUGE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR NOSE PRESSED UP TO THEM!!!!!!!!!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Maki (02-22-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    121/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I just dont like peoples... any people so i make zero effort with anyone...

Strangely it seems to work

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxy For This Useful Post:

Banannie (02-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/3
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    17d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexxy View Post
    I just dont like peoples... any people so i make zero effort with anyone...

Strangely it seems to work
    They smell, right? especially when they're too close to you, urgh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/3
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    17d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by damian002 View Post
    They smell, right? especially when they're too close to you, urgh.
    Reading it back, I cannot believe how serious I sounded, rather than the intended trollin. People can seriously buy that, lol
    Last edited by damian002; 02-23-2014 at 01:36 AM. Reason: testing my new signature

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I haven't bought anything, I'm too poor...
    Can't pay the troll but I need to cross the bridge. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/3
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    17d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    i'm bored. the bridge bores me. everything bores me. I'm going -- switching job, bye. hoho

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I mean "guarding the bridge" bores me. man, I always seem to sound serious when I read back my post, lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to damian002 For This Useful Post:

Maki (02-23-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    So the relationship I was in didn't really work out. I have a hard time keeping relationships working for a long period of time, and after some introspection I think it has to do with me being somewhat cold/hot. I don't show that I am interested in a guy until he shows interest in me, and then for him, there is no chase. I live by the, 'I like you, you like me and now we are together.' sort of mantra. It's just who I am, and I can't really change that nor would I want to because I'm a very commited but initially cautious sort of person. It may not be the most attractive trait that I have but if I change myself in that manner I worry that I will attract the wrong sort of person. Stay true to myself, y'know?

This spring/summer I'm going to really work on myself, inside and out, in order to shine a little more radiantly for someone. But beyond the initial attraction and first few dates, what is it that men enjoy in a long term partner? I realize everyone is different, but I'd like some ideas/tips on how to make someone happy and how to communicate what makes me happy.

What do men look for, beyond a fling?

What traits do you find attractive in a woman, starting from the superficial to the more complex ideologies of a prospective mate?
    For me I prefer to get to know the girl and have good long talks, Don't like to jump into bed right off it's good but not good at the same time.

If a girl is easy like she will jump right into sex sure I'll do it but that's totally not what I will look for so I'll simple move onto someone else more complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    10d 3h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Believe it or not, guys are just looking for their best friens. I think all guys here can agree that you meet a girl and she just makes you smile. It isn't that she is doing, it is just the thought of her makes you happy. So, I think I look for an innate connection that makes me happy

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsbll4life For This Useful Post:

Misha (02-24-2014),vampyd1977 (02-23-2014)