DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I can't hate on sites like that because one of those sites is what lead me to buying/selling neopet things.
    If it wasn't for an old site I went on, I might have never found you guys.

We all make money somehow.
    But Ky is right, TNT's legal action is about as much as their site maintenance action.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Air For This Useful Post:

Allem (02-19-2014),I_royalty_I (02-18-2014),Kylae (02-20-2014),Misha (02-19-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    17d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Ah, BoN, how I remember thinking they were like the cheapest site around for all neopet things. Good times.
    Granted I've been seeing their ads more often, but I doubt anything will happen to them in the end.
    Last edited by seimi; 02-19-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    It's more expensive to hire a lawyer than the bennefit they'll get for taking down the website.

It's not worth it.
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkAngel For This Useful Post:

zxzero (02-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    23d 19h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    God Damn BoN's prices are freaking expensive I should start my own selling site

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I didn't realize how expensive those sites were until I lurked around here.

Man do I have regrets.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borken For This Useful Post:

Corliss (02-20-2014),seimi (02-20-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/2
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

I was like you once... then I met some of the people who owned those sites and realizes some of their more popular items are usually overpriced like the pure NPs & accounts usually, but they are always sometimes a good deal cheaper for several rarer things. I thought the same once I found the forums and saw prices, but it is not always true.
    Also, @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) and several others here I know work for or own their own site and make tons of money off of it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    $900 for wock til you drop lololol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Nothing would happen to them. They're not doing anything illegal. TNT could threaten to sue, they would stop for awhile and just start under a different name or entity.

AKA

Thepiratebay

Js.
    People already tried to sue tpb, they failed because the owners of tpb don't actually own/upload the content posted on there. They claim it is a site that users can upload whatever they want to while being completely anon, what they choose to upload is entirely up to them. It is a loop hole they use to elude copyright and legal issues. Anyone can do it.

However the owners of neopets can sue the owner(s) of neopet sites if they find out the real owners but unless you are dumb/ don't pay for extra services to get your name and address taken off sites like whois, and the person(s) who upload your content to the web don't have any problems with waht you are posting (usually they don't care as long as they are making money) then there is nothing that viacom can really do. To be completely honest it would require them (viacom) to hire someone for the job (aka a white hat hacker) or pay off the hosting site to give them details, which they would never do unless the site was massive. They would only do it then to use it as a scare tactic to scare other sites into shutting down.

This has failed for other companies such as runescape shutting down one of the biggest botting companies, as if you played runescape then and botted you would know there were still others sites operating.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

j03 (02-20-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    BoN isn't overpriced on everything, they have some UCs there that are cheaper than here. I have bought from them in the past and the owner of the site is very trustworthy, and gave me great information on how to keep my UC's safe. The names were also very nice.

Months later my UC's are still safe and happy little pixels.
    Smiley face.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    $900 for wock til you drop lololol

Some prices are crazy high because they get supplied off forum by a supplier who specializes in selling safe products for the website. If the product isn't popular, the price never gets changed for deflation, so then the website price stays high.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    562d 10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 14m
    Quote Originally Posted by zxzero View Post
    People already tried to sue tpb, they failed because the owners of tpb don't actually own/upload the content posted on there. They claim it is a site that users can upload whatever they want to while being completely anon, what they choose to upload is entirely up to them. It is a loop hole they use to elude copyright and legal issues. Anyone can do it.

However the owners of neopets can sue the owner(s) of neopet sites if they find out the real owners but unless you are dumb/ don't pay for extra services to get your name and address taken off sites like whois, and the person(s) who upload your content to the web don't have any problems with waht you are posting (usually they don't care as long as they are making money) then there is nothing that viacom can really do. To be completely honest it would require them (viacom) to hire someone for the job (aka a white hat hacker) or pay off the hosting site to give them details, which they would never do unless the site was massive. They would only do it then to use it as a scare tactic to scare other sites into shutting down.

This has failed for other companies such as runescape shutting down one of the biggest botting companies, as if you played runescape then and botted you would know there were still others sites operating.
    This and let's remember that TPB is a torrent directory where this other website is a market for virtual currency/goods so the comparison in terms of what is legal is very much irrelevant.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------