7/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    3d 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Python help? :( I'm such a nub

Okay so I've searched for answers and haven't found what I've been wanting to know, and what I've tried hasn't worked out for me. Long story short, I'm trying to get habi bot to work for me, and I've downloaded python 2.7, and tried reading the tutorials, but I don't know how to edit the client.py file. I read to open in idle, but I don't have that program. I also read it comes with your package when you download python, but I don't see it in there. I use windows 7 if that helps. So I went online looking for alternatives and I read that M$ visual studio works. I so DLed that and I can edit the file, but it won't like me play/run it in there. The option is just grayed out and I'm not sure how it all works.

Anyways, any help to how I can get this script edited and running would be wonderful. I was able to edit the file for my UN and PW, but I can't get it to run now. I think if I could find this idle program my problems would be solved. xD

Also, when I went to pythons website there were like 6 different packages I could download. Is there a specific one that I should be getting? I just clicked the first one (Gzipped source tar ball (2.7) (sig)) whatever all of that means

Sorry I'm clueless at programming or figuring this stuff out. I did try though

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Use notepad to edit the .py file. Then use Python to run the .py file

Press windows key+R and type in cmd
    Drag the python file to that window and it should run?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachafer For This Useful Post:

Addict (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    If you're still struggling with this by the time I get home, I will make it run for you via Teamviewer if you would like. @(you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Addict (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    3d 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Okay well I kind of understand it now. I don't know if it will run because it's still connecting to visual studio so I'm uninstalling that since I don't need it and I'll try it again. How do you start the program once you drag it into cmd?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Okay well I kind of understand it now. I don't know if it will run because it's still connecting to visual studio so I'm uninstalling that since I don't need it and I'll try it again. How do you start the program once you drag it into cmd?
    Just stop what you're doing, relax, play a game of Gormball or Dice-A-Roo or something. I'll be home in about a half hour and I'll get it running for you.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    3d 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    lol alright. Well I'm going to continue trying to get it working and if it's not I'll have you do it

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Okay yeah I give up here. xD @(you need an account to see links) when you get home message me.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Home. PM Sent.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Problem solved. Close.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Addict (02-18-2014),Arsura (02-19-2014)