DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Are pets still being released every hour? I've been stalking the most recent 5 pets on PR's account (through the transfer option) for the last two hours or so and they haven't moved.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I've wondered that as well - I check randomly every now and then just to see what's going to be released and if I get lucky with something cute.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    63d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quick question, does pound_release only release the 5 pets on its account each time around?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ah so, sometime last night between 9:30 and 10:30 pound release went ahead and release more pets. Then this morning when I checked a little after 10 AM (These are both NST times) new pets were released. And just now 3:12ish NST I see a new round of pets on pound_release's account. So I guess it's just random when pets are relased? I might go ahead and test this out sometime this week. Checking every so often each hour to see if there's any pattern to when pets get released.

I'm super determined to find a UC I like haha. Especially after I found out a few were released during April 1st and I missed out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by stardustwitch View Post
    Are pets still being released every hour? I've been stalking the most recent 5 pets on PR's account (through the transfer option) for the last two hours or so and they haven't moved.
    I'll need to check! Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
    Quick question, does pound_release only release the 5 pets on its account each time around?
    No, that's just one string. The ba- string. pound_release simultaneously releases pets from several strings each time. One string = first two letters of the pets' names (for example, aa- is one string, ab- is another, co- another, and ci- another)
    (That's why, only battelbuzzer the uc mutant buzz and battle(something) the uc halo moehog have probably been the only uc's in a long time, that you could have seen in the pound_release transfer page before they were actually released.)

"There is a total of over 60 different strings currently being released. " - ~lot

Ah so, sometime last night between 9:30 and 10:30 pound release went ahead and release more pets. Then this morning when I checked a little after 10 AM (These are both NST times) new pets were released. And just now 3:12ish NST I see a new round of pets on pound_release's account. So I guess it's just random when pets are relased?
    Ooh, that sounds like fun Maybe TNT just decided to make it random after all... I wonder if that means there are less chances of auto-snipers to get caught, because reporters won't be able to monitor how quickly a uc gets caught anymore?

I'm super determined to find a UC I like haha. Especially after I found out a few were released during April 1st and I missed out.
    Best of luck. I hope you find something super awesome.
    Last edited by alien; 05-18-2014 at 10:17 PM.

successful trades: 15/15
    spent so far: $186
    made so far: $185
    thanks everyone! <3
    trying to break even before starting over

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    First off, thank you so much for this guide, it's super helpful! I just have a quick (dumb) question. When you say there are 60 strings currently being released, do you mean random strings (ex: aa, op, gy) or strings in alphabetical order? (ex: aa, ab, ac & that explains why those 2 UCs have been the only ones we've seen really because we're in the b strings??) That bit confuses me. (I just came back from a neo hiatus so that might explain why) I'm trying to track down a pet in the co string, so that means I would need to find a marker and once we get near that, I would want to be checking the pound more often?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Is the pound_release still releasing pets? I heard it isn't working since JS took neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would also like to know. Have been stalking a blue Kougra for years (gave up on UCs and never found a UC how the OP mentioned).