30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    I've heard a lot about the hidden agenda behind Sandy Hook. I haven't researched into it myself but I already lean more towards it being staged for some political agenda. I don't put that past our government for a second. And if they can do that.... then good God we're fucked.
    Yeah it was too convenient that it happened right as Obama was trying to push gun control through...

It makes you wonder when everybody is going to wake up, ya know? I keep waiting for somebody from our generation to stand up and run for office. I think that if that happened, and they were honest, they could win. Somebody to stand up and say.. ok guys enough is enough. Maybe one day it will happen.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I don't trust them.

This is a really good TED talk.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artemissive For This Useful Post:

Colby (02-10-2014),I_royalty_I (02-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemissive View Post
    I don't trust them.

I'll have to check those videos out. That second one is pretty intriguing as I don't find myself agreeing with the title at all. So I'm interested in seeing what that guy has got to say, always gotta hear both sides!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'll have to check those videos out. That second one is pretty intriguing as I don't find myself agreeing with the title at all. So I'm interested in seeing what that guy has got to say, always gotta hear both sides!
    I highly recommend it. That guy has a lot of really good things to say all backed by legitimate facts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    15d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I don't trust them.

I love TED talk, I'll be watching the second one tonight with the bf since I know he'll be intrigued.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    I love TED talk, I'll be watching the second one tonight with the bf since I know he'll be intrigued.
    Ted talks are amazing ^_^ I watch them probably too much, haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    I don't trust them.
    After watching this guys talk, I just want to punch him in the face. He's trying to act like he knows what he is talking about, but he seems to only watch what he hears in the media lol His attitude really just pisses me off.
    What does he think a spy agency does? It's not just the NSA, other countries do similar things. It's not hard to intercept cell phone data, it's not really the safest thing out there! And spy agencies aren't the only people who look at your information. Just about all the companies he mentioned (google, facebook, yahoo, etc) are capable of seeing their users information. So whatever the government does, you can be damn sure those companies are doing similar things.

The US HAS TO be on top of our game. There are other countries out there whose entire spy agency targets the US. China has attacked us multiple times, they believe that China has access to many parts of our information system. The difference is, the NSA is using the information for the greater good.

Another one of his examples... it's ok to tap somebodys phone and look at all their stuff if they are a murdered, drug lord, etc? Well the whole point of the NSA is to prevent those things from happening. It's great if you can know who ALL the criminals in the world all, know EXACTLY what/when/how/etc they are going to do something to harm others. But we don't. Who is going to try and prevent that from happening? More importantly, who is the world going to turn to when the next catastrophe happens? They will probably turn to the US for aid, support, and to ask why it wasn't caught earlier.

I can't take this guy seriously. He's glorifying Edward Snowden. lol

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I just feel bad for the NSA agent that has to follow some of my friends' twitter feeds...
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

Colby (02-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    After watching this guys talk, I just want to punch him in the face. He's trying to act like he knows what he is talking about, but he seems to only watch what he hears in the media lol His attitude really just pisses me off.
    What does he think a spy agency does? It's not just the NSA, other countries do similar things. It's not hard to intercept cell phone data, it's not really the safest thing out there! And spy agencies aren't the only people who look at your information. Just about all the companies he mentioned (google, facebook, yahoo, etc) are capable of seeing their users information. So whatever the government does, you can be damn sure those companies are doing similar things.

The US HAS TO be on top of our game. There are other countries out there whose entire spy agency targets the US. China has attacked us multiple times, they believe that China has access to many parts of our information system. The difference is, the NSA is using the information for the greater good.

Another one of his examples... it's ok to tap somebodys phone and look at all their stuff if they are a murdered, drug lord, etc? Well the whole point of the NSA is to prevent those things from happening. It's great if you can know who ALL the criminals in the world all, know EXACTLY what/when/how/etc they are going to do something to harm others. But we don't. Who is going to try and prevent that from happening? More importantly, who is the world going to turn to when the next catastrophe happens? They will probably turn to the US for aid, support, and to ask why it wasn't caught earlier.

I can't take this guy seriously. He's glorifying Edward Snowden. lol
    Well, I think that we both have drastically differing opinions on this topic, but here's my two cents:

It's not about the US being on top of their game. What does that even mean? Does that mean you don't mind that all of your emails, instant messages, posts on this forum, voice chat, file transfers, photos, stored data, cell phone records, etc. etc. are logged onto PRISM's databases and stored forever? If you have nothing to hide, that's obviously bullshit. Privacy invasion of this magnitude is honestly terrifying. Not to mention, how safe do you really feel knowing that one superpower has this much data on the citizens of the world? Could you imagine what the world would be like if a dictator (think Hitler) with this sort of information came into power?

It's not just that the surveillance itself is a problem - it's inadequate targeting and oversight. The NSA wouldn't be so bad if they were run by a program which also respects our civil rights. Certainly, terrorism is no laughing matter, but is it really worth casting away our liberties and freedoms over (like he said in the video) a very existential fear? Terrorism is a threat, but it is not worth cowering in fear and blindly handing over all of our rights and freedoms as human beings. It's not like the US doesn't have a history of abusing its surveillance ((you need an account to see links)).

As for preventative crime stopping... Ever see minority report?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I keep waiting for somebody from our generation to stand up and run for office. I think that if that happened, and they were honest, they could win. Somebody to stand up and say.. ok guys enough is enough. Maybe one day it will happen.
    The problem is how powerful and influential the big two are; they'll never back someone who isn't loyal to their 'grand schemes', and no little man can win office without them.

Once in, the parties will drive the president to their wishes, pretty much every one in the last few decades have been chained to the 'crowd', unable to fully act 'himself'.

You could say the only way to re-form for 'freedom' would be revolution, but from what was posted already, it looks like plans are already in place to quash any attempt made.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Colby (02-10-2014)