Knee strengthening exercises?
So, I broke my femur last year and I'm getting better and better. I was going to physical therapy in December, but my insurance changed and I haven't been since the beginning of the year. I do my physical therapy exercises & ride a stationary bike daily. I'm able to walk some distance without a limp. But I'm still missing a lot of strength in my knee. I can't use that leg to go up the stairs first and I can't squat pretty much at all. So I can't do yoga, I can't do squats, and it's making me sad.
If anyone has any good knee strengthening exercises or other advice, I'd super appreciate it.
1. Drink milk - gonna need calcium to repair and strengthen bone.
2. Take multivitamins - same reason as milk + a few more bonuses.
3. Is your bone still broken? If it is, refrain from activity while it heals. Stretches and stress will only chip and make it frail again until it's fully healed.
4. If it isn't broken and just weak, do light stretches around it. Rotate your leg/knee, extend + contract your joint, stretch hamstrings and calves, etc.
5. Probably pointless if you can't even go up the stairs yet...but once you're able to walk normally again, do cardio via jogging on top of your bike and if you really want to pump your knee up, do leg presses at the gym.
6. Oh yeah, and eat. Can't repair or build strength (via muscles) near your knee if you have no mass to build with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:
I'm pretty sure the bone is healed (if not mostly healed) but I have a rod & pins in it so it's pretty secure.
- Rep Power
This makes sense in fact i am liking it and it has all that stuff which can help us in getting an appropriate fit physique because knee has an importance in overall body what you have highlighted actually gave a chance to the people who haven't discussed this sort of things before.
- Rep Power
This might sound a bit weird but you can try doing tricep dips with both legs on the floor but instead try focusing on coming up with your legs, specifically your bad one.