This is my favourite slimming meal, I would never use it as a main meal but I usually make a batch and keep it in the fridge for lunch. I have some made up in the fridge at the moment so will add a picture when I heat later.
I am going to post the quick method as it is just as tasty.
What you will need:
Blender or Processor with a "Pulse" option
4 Tins of Chopped/Plum tomatoes
2 Vegetable stock cubes
1 Tin of Baked Beans
3 Garlic Cloves
Mild/Hot curry powder
3 Chopped Peppers (Preferably one of each, red yellow and green)
- Place the tins of tomatoes and baked beans into the blender and pulse until smooth, time varies depending on speed and power of your blender, I choose to do it for nearly two minutes to ensure it is fully smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large soup pan and put on a medium heat..
- Chop peppers to your liking, I dont like to chop too small as I like the texture whilst eating. Add Peppers to the pan.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder to your liking, I like a bit of a kick so I add 4 tbsp but it really doesn't matter how much.
- Add chopped garlic or the whole clove, it will reduce down so it doesn't matter. I use frozen garlic cubes which equals a clove per cube, unsure if you can get these outside of UK.
- Once the mixture is simmering, add 2 stock cubes to 2 pints of hot water and mix until dissolved. Add to pan.
- Give the mixture a good stir, leave to simmer on a medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until it has been boiling for 10 minutes, ensure it is piping hot right through.
This is my own recipe and was done using the basis of Slimming world for a slimming meal, depending on what eating pla you follow it may not be "diet". It sounds disgusting but it is a lovely rich tomato soup and you can make a huge batch for very little money. It also tastes better a day or two after of being in the fridge as the taste infuses beautifully.