Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on hacking people in real life?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    sorry for grave digging and i know this complete off topic but i was wondering how you hacked runescape accounts? just basic idea how you did it would be awsome if you told me (sorry I have a bit OCD xD )

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I've had my identity stole from me. Not exactly the most fun time of my life and getting things back on track was a pain in the rear. So because I know what it's like, I won't put someone else through that either.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XxGevaudanxX View Post
    I've had my identity stole from me. Not exactly the most fun time of my life and getting things back on track was a pain in the rear. So because I know what it's like, I won't put someone else through that either.
    geez thats why I avoid to put any "vital information" on the internet, and never but never put photos of my toddler there to

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinxil View Post
    geez thats why I avoid to put any "vital information" on the internet, and never but never put photos of my toddler there to
    I've never had the problem with toddler photos, but now the only vital information given out is a prepaid card. This way there's not much more you can get from me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Sometimes when I've bought inactive accounts, I check to see if the password works for the email linked to it, hoping it's unreg or perhaps I can take it if it's not being used. Too often have I come across people who use their email actively. For example, I remember one guy had his cable & internet bill, cellphone bill, electric bill, and paypal account all on the same email. Crazy. I never touch that stuff though. Let people live their lives!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    20h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I had something similiar to what happened to you charlie, I bought an account and got on the email linked to it. When I was on there I noticed the email was still semi-active and I kind of glanced through. Saw a Paypal account, ebay stuff, etc. I didn't touch any of it, but easily could have. That's why I use separate email address and passwords for almost everything I do online.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Same thing happened to me once, but not on such a large scale. The level of anxiety I endured at that time is enough to turn me off from the whole thing. I can only imagine what others go through when their entire lives are stolen from beneath their noses.
    Last edited by Monkiez; 09-08-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiez View Post
    Same thing happened to me once, but not on such a large scale. The level of anxiety I endured at that time is enough to turn me off from the whole thing. I can only imagine what others go through when their entire lives are stolen from beneath their noses.
    It's definitely not a fun thing to be doing these days. Not on the top 10 list of things I want to do again before I die either. There are some things I can sit back and watch happen to people and not break a sweat on it. This kind of thing isn't one of them.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's definitely not a fun thing to be doing these days. Not on the top 10 list of things I want to do again before I die either. There are some things I can sit back and watch happen to people and not break a sweat on it. This kind of thing isn't one of them.
    Oh for sure. XD

I especially feel for those who have families dependent on them, but can't provide for them because their accounts are wiped clean. I've known people who were in this situation. Complete fuckery.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiez View Post
    Oh for sure. XD

I especially feel for those who have families dependent on them, but can't provide for them because their accounts are wiped clean. I've known people who were in this situation. Complete fuckery.
    When mine was stolen, somehow I managed to find the site where my information was being sold at. I pointed the local police to the website and found out it was some guy in England who was new to the "hacking" scene and couldn't figure out how to hide his IP. From what I was told it went around to a few different law enforcement companies and eventually they got the authority to arrest the man. I don't know how true it really is but it made me feel better knowing about it.