Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on hacking people in real life?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Well both can get you sued but the Federal Government's efficiency is much higher than that of TNT so...

Won't dare to touch anyone's bank account/paypal lol. Neopets accounts are much less harmless. Who knows, we might even be helping some addicted kid kick his addiction.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodieboy For This Useful Post:

BEDDOEDv (02-08-2014),Sakuras (09-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Sounds more like a case of active phishing/fraudulent activity/social engineering (handing out forms that ask for contact information/pretending to be someone you're not or acting in manipulative ways that are roundabout in terms of friendliness) rather than hacking (going into your company's database and stealing all the information).

The motives for actual hackers are :
    - For the intellectual challenge
    - For publicity/attention
    - For the rewards

In this case, it's really just for the rewards. As for what I think of these individuals, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone can rationalize why one would choose such a method. Life comes with its shares of risks, ups and downs. Whether that be taking over somebody's else's land through force, deciding to speed 5km/h more to arrive 25 seconds faster under rainy conditions, not correcting the merchandiser that priced an item at $10 that you bought when it's actually $20, or having to suffer the alternative-- namely being unable to afford the basic necessities of life. Not trying to say it's justified, just because of the circumstances, but one can imagine where there would be no motive to wanting to transfer wealth from one's pocket to someone's elses (namely the equability of distribution of resources, goods and services). In this case, it just happened to be rational for that individual to weigh the consequences and proceed with such a seemingly despicable action. When it all comes down to it, everybody takes something from someone else at their own expense.
    Last edited by Vegeance; 02-08-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Haven't got it in me to steal from people!
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    i personally wouldnt do it, but i know people who would and do. but i reckon there are plenty of people who would quite happily take ownership of neo accounts with thousands of pounds of nc items which have been bought with rl money. surely thats just as bad?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I think it's just a question of morals. Sure Neopets isn't too bad but when you cross the line to stealing peoples hard work of thousands of dollars they've worked all their loves for, that's bad. I'm sure at least like 5-10 people could get access to a lot of paypals from the information they have on neopets players, but they know what's right from wrong and won't do that, hopefully

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    not tryna get in trouble with the fuzz...

u 'mirin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I generally avoid USD.

Skype; live:th3_l3vy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Ghosts (02-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I don't like the idea of people being hacked in the real world for their hard earned cash, or even active Neopets players. I have more of a disdain for people who hack innocents in the real world simply to show off their skills or to steal money from other people who may really, really be relying on that cash to take care of children/animals/elderly/sick/disabled. There's no need to do that to people, they don't deserve to have things stolen from them.

Active Neo accounts, although people have spent real money on, I feel less strongly about because the money spent on Neo should be what you have left over. Make sure bills are paid, rent is paid, have food on the table, before investing a single dollar into an online game.

Hackers, like any other sort of person in the world, can be either good or bad. If hacking is your thing and it's something you enjoy, then do what you love! But try to make a positive difference in the world rather than a negative one. I know plenty of guys who like to body build or are trained in fighting techniques, but they don't beat people up just to show off. I can draw pretty well, but I don't use my art to slander other people. Alright, I'm done, my soap box is about to crack. :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'd have to say it depends on who I'm targeting.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i might steal someones money if i know they have more than plenty and im starving.. but if i dont know anything about the person, no way. i dont know whats going on in their life. maybe they have it worse than me. and i mean like, even if someone happens to have like. hundreds of thousands or something, maybe theyre saving to pay for some medical bills or some shit? idk i dont live in the US. but yknow what i mean.
    so i would probably never, because i would never be confident that i know everything thats going on in someone elses life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nebulas For This Useful Post:

hissi (09-05-2014)