36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Proxy help?

Hey there, so I have a few questions.

I'm having some trouble with getting reliable proxies, and was wondering:

1. Does it matter if you use different proxies from different locations on the same account (I've been assuming yes, and trying to find proxies all from the same location)

2. I have found a really fast reliable proxy, but it always gives me an http_forbidden.net:404 The proxy server is refusing connections whenever I submit a form request. (logging in, clicking "go" on search) I'm using firefox, with FoxyProxy, and I've found another proxy that doesn't refuse connections in these instances, but of course, ten minutes later it's down.

Any help would be awesome, if I'm asking this in the wrong place, please redirect me, thank you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    1. Yes. Proxies from different countries = you're done if they look your way

2. If you can't get in, then it's not a really fast reliable proxy. It's a dud - looks good, but completely non-functioning (or doesn't exist). The problem with free proxies are many are slow, sketchy, or unreliable with frequent disconnects. Keep looking, but don't expect to find a perfect proxy out of the blue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Pyre (02-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Thanks so much! Argh, I guess I'll keep trying. Do you know how far back into proxy info they look into? I'm sure there's no solid answer on this, but I figure I'd ask in case anyone has experience of a freezing due to proxies from far back

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Ugh so I find a new one that works great, but then after a certain amount of form requests it locks me out from sending them again. I don't know what's causing it, and think it will keep happening no matter what proxy I choose

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Instead of looking for proxy, I suggest you use TOR. Google it, it's a firefox based proxy. It automatically set up new proxy every time you open it. (it also had a huge list of selection of countries to choose from)
    You can always use the proxy list from hidemyass. There are tons of site that will provide free proxy list, but like mod said, none are reliable. Some are only usable within certain time frame ie 24hrs window.
    Also you can set up VPN, but pain in the ass to set up or purchase one for a monthly fee.

Lastly if TNT really want to pick a fight with you, they can find just about all type of excuse to freeze you without a second thought. Stay away from neopet chat, stay quiet, and don't bring attention to yourself, and most importantly, be smart about what you do and think about the impact before putting thought into action.
    My First Guide on [GM] Score Sending

My Second Guide on How to AoB (Array of Bytes) Habitarium

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janikanicolepi For This Useful Post:

Allem (02-13-2014),Pyre (02-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Thank you so much for your advice, I'd love to look into TOR, but if it sets up a different proxy every time I go into it, won't it look suspicious that my account is being accessed at a bunch of different locations across the US? Or does neo see that?