So a few weeks ago I tried to restore and upgrade my iPhone4 (currently ios5.1) with just my phone (because iTunes wouldn't allow me unless I upgraded to the latest iTunes and I HATE the new iTunes, plus it doesn't even detect my iphone) and I pretty much fked up. I REALLY need the ios6 upgrade because a lot of useful apps I need require ios6+.

Through lots of hours and frustration I managed to get out of recovery mode and after a restart iTunes finally detected my iphone again (before the restart, it didn't even detect. But now I'm scared to redo the procedure because I don't want to mess up again. I often get iTunes errors and all that lame stuff.

Can someone knowledgeable with jailbreak and iphones guide me through the process step-by-step, preferably over skype? I have some knowledge, I just am not 100% sure and don't want to screw things up. My phone is very precious to me ;_; I have stuff like redsnow and the ipsw installed on my computer.

What I want to do:
- KEEP the jailbreak, untethered (or re-jailbreak after ios6 upgrade) and successfully upgrade to a jailbroken ios6 (or 7, if that's 100% working, I really like the new look).