Thread: [GUIDE] How to Search for stuck pets in the pound.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

[GUIDE] How to Search for stuck pets in the pound.

Stuck pets do not show up when your at the Neopets Pound.
    Pets that get stuck can only be searched by name manually.
    The following guide is to help you get started searching as soon as possible.

Here's a list of beginning string set's that could get stuck in the pound.
    The sets to change every once in a while.
    (If you don't find any pet's when Searching say Ant - try the next combination Anu- or a different string set)

ANT-, ARI-, ASH-, AUT-, AVE-, AZU-, A_C-
    BET-, BIG-, BLA-, BOB-, BRA-, BUB-
    CHI-, CIN-, CLA-, COC-, CRA-, CUD-, CYO-
    DOX-, DRA-, DUG-
    FLO-, FOF-, FRA-, FUJ-
    GRE-, GUI-
    JUJ-
    KIM-, KOK-, KRA-, KUL-, KYL-
    LIL-, LLA-, LOC-, LUC-, LYO-,
    MAY-, MEE-, MIC-, MOE-, MRM-, MUH-, MYF-
    PIN-, PLU-, POK-, PRE-, PTE-, PUF-
    ROB-, RUB-, RYK-
    SER-, SHA-, SIL-, SKE-, SLI-, SMF-, SNI-, SOF-, SPA-, SQU-, STA-, SUG-, SWE-, SYN-
    TIK-, TOD-, TRA-, TUF-, TWI-, TYL-
    _SW-, _TO-, __G-

You may be wondering what does that even mean anyways?

The first thing to take note of is that not every letter of the alphabet is listed in that list. Which means that pets with names that start with the letter not listed (E, I, O, N ....) those pets will not get stuck in the pound.

Basically, pet names are grouped by the first two letters of the name. We call this a "string." Only certain "strings" of names will stick, and not every name in a given string will. The three letters shown above indicate where in the string the names begin to stick."

Example: Lets use the begining string of SEE- & take not of the SHA- String also.

SI- is the first string listed that starts with the letter S. Name such as Sidney would not stick as it has not met both of the parameters for sticking. Yes Sidney does Start with SI but if you look at where the SI string starts it starts at the letter L (SIL-) So any names that are alphabetically before SIL will not get stuck in the pound if they have been abandoned. Names Such as Silas, Simon, Sinker ... would.

(you need an account to see links)

Reference To cell locations in Excel.

Copy (Ctrl Key + C Key) & Paste (Ctrl Kdy + V Key) into corresponding cell locations from image above please take not of additional steps outlines in the Yellow Box labeled Import Information to make accurate changes to the code. So it will work properly for you.

A1 =CONCATENATE(B1,C1)
    B1 This is where you will enter in words, or character letters.
    Once setup this will auto duplicate all the way down the
    length of Row B.
    B2 =B1
    C1 This is where you will begin to enter name endings. Each ending
    should be different from the previous one. Continue filling in down
    Row C. (I would suggest using the same case format on all to utilize
    the remove duplicate function in excel.)
    D1 &a href="//www.neopets.com/pound/adopt.phtml?search=
    E1 @&img src="//pets.neopets.com/cpn/]=
    F1 /1/1.png"@
    G1 =CONCATENATE(D1,A1,E1,A1,F1)

Will look something like this. You may see all the code at once I prefer to see the minimum of it as shown in the image below. You may have to click on image to enlarge and see fully.

This is the easiest way I have found to copy a little or a lot of code all at once. If you reference the image below you can see the cursor move to the bottom right hand corner of the cell where a cross bow appears if you double click when the cross bow is there it will copy code down instantly to where the last line of data is. (A little different to other guide's I have seen.)[

I have a gif image of this but unfortunately at this time the image is too large to put on here. I will try and fix the issue if possible.

Cell B1 will be the only cell you ever need to change. When you edit the beginning string of a combination of letter that has the potential to get stuck. Every cell below B1 will automatically change in the cells below. Same Image issue as above.

At this point you will want a blank notepad doc open to paste what you copied from column g into notepad & Save as an html file and open in your preferred internet browser or you can paste the code into one of your pet's homepages and press preview homepage no need to save the page allow page to load. (Code Example below)

Wait for page to fully load. Images showing a pet picture indicates a pet has been created with that name however not every single pet that shows an image will be stuck in the pound.

The best way I have found to do this for myself holding down the left Ctrl at all times when clicking images to have them open all up in there own tabs. You can open up as many or as few images as a time which ever you feel comfortable with.

You can quickly close tabs holding down the ctrl key + w key or clicking manually with the mouse. I tend to switch back and fourth as I go along. Most of the time you will just see a red box if a pet is stuck in the pound an image will appear along with there name and basic stats.

Accidentally closed a tab to fast? Press Ctrl + Shift + T key and it will oepn the last tab ... if needed more then once just repeat. You can also right click on tab bar and slect reopen closed tab with your mouse.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SourSkittles For This Useful Post:

♥ Este ♥ (01-13-2024),Kaguya (12-10-2023),pikyuu (01-15-2024),rio (12-29-2023),Swablu (01-12-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Thank you for the guide! Has anyone else had issues getting blocked from the image server? If I look up ~100 names it'll be fine.. any more than that all the images break.
    Ana's slave <3