Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

gaming history

so whats yours? how did you get to this point?

ive asked this before elsewhere but i wanted to know you guys too.

well mine started in 1983ish, i was sorta behind the times, my first console was an atari 2600, which i loved, when all my friends had spectrum 128k machines i had a commadore 64, they all moved onto amiga 500`s and by thee time i got one they all had new consoles, the megadrive!! by the time i had a snes they had all moved onto nintendo 64`ss. then it happened.....the playstation!!

by then i`d already moved onto a pc but i never lost my love of gaming, today its gone to a place where we could never have imagined in 1983 but its been fun getting here.

so whats your story?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    207/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    49d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I can't quite remember i have crap memory Umm maybe this order:

Megadrive, Snes, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, Nothing for a few years, Xbox 360 for like 7 years, then PC Gaming (League of Legends)

And of course neopets for like forever

I guess i could tell more about my xbox career.

First 3 years of my gaming career i played Gamebattles, i got to 29th in the world (out of millions who played on that site at the time) until i quit for a few months, when i came back i got asked to join a team to take part in EGL/ECL (European Gaming League) (European Console League) Played competitively for 4 EGL tournaments. I then gave up as it cost quite a lot for tickets and travel and so on, i then went back to GB (Gamebattles) for about a year until i realised the community on that website was slowly becoming immature and felt i was too old for it so i gave it all up and sold my xbox
    Last edited by Snoop Lion; 02-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    2005-2008: neopets gamer for lyfe totally l3git, all kinds of "tycoon" games.
    2009-2013: Left pc games and went onto xbox 360.. cod clans, gb, ect.. quickscoping.
    2013-present: got board and came back to neo, found clraik.

Not too interesting :c

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I got my first Gameboy color way back when and that was my gaming system Gotta love Super Mario World and all that. Then I transitioned on to a PS1 with Lucky Luke and Frogger. Then came PC gaming with like Backyard Sports (I was 9 xD). Gamecube was next and there wasnt too much special there, I just liked having a console again. Wii fits somewhere in there but I'm more into PC stuff now and that's where I am today

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    sega genesis is where i began, playing sonic the hedgehog. then it went to mortal kombat on the ps1, then up to crash bandicoot on the ps2, now i'm an xbox gamer playing cod black ops 2 pissing people off with quickscopes and battle axes

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Gameboy advance -> Gameboy SP -> nintendo DS -> nintendo dsi
    I was a big fan of nintendo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    holy shit ok ok im so behind on the times now bc i'm a PC gamer mostly, but when i was young i had a ton of consoles and i was such a fuckin boss at anything you could throw at me

so heres my timeline

NES - my dad had one for a loooong time and kept it around for a while, we only had the original super mario bros for it and i didnt play it much esp cos i was young and i got into gaming alot more when we got an N64

N64 - we had some rly kickass games for it ohh my godd WE HAD THE FUCKING PINK PANTHER GAME FOR IT along with super mario 64 (that game was my bitch) and i played that thing day in day out, it was amazing

xbox - i played this thing like hell, my fav game was fuzion frenzy and tony hawks pro skater 4. i think i have all my games, this is also the only console i didnt sell or give away

GBA - somewhere along the way i got a gba, i had so many games i played it all day. i had no idea what the NFL was but my dad got me madden nfl 04 and i was like "yey im rooting for the cool logo team". other than that, I HAD POKEMON RUBY+SAPPHIRE BOTH AND A LINK CABLE SO THAT GAME WAS MY BITCH cos i just traded and pressed new game and got all the starters on one save file hehehehehe. other games i played alot was super mario advance 2 and super mario advance 3. i remember begging my mom in the store to buy SMA3 cos i wanted to continue the narrative of mario so bad. turns out it didnt work like that lolol whoopssssss

ps2 - i had a ps2 also, mainly only had two games that i ACTUALLY played: tony hawk underground and this one snowboarding game?? i think it was called tricky, i cant remember but these two games were amazing

wii - i was a fuckboi for buying this dont remind me but it was with my own money so i was proud

now its all about PC gaming for me cos im a hipster like that
    Last edited by Raj; 02-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    WAHHH I LOVE THIS TOPIC
    Well geez now I REALLY feel like a teeny bopper, no atari fo me lol

I don't remember some stuff other than stuff I played on the PC, but here's my gaming history:

PS1:
    > 'Atlantis'
    >A lot of other games I don't remember too much

Gameboy Color
    > Pokemon Emerald

Nintendo 64
    > Jak & Daxter
    > 'Hey You Pikachu'
    > Dragonball Z
    > Spyro

PS2:
    > Easily my favourite personal gaming era for me
    > Under the Skin
    > Kingdom Hearts I & II <3
    > The Sims
    > Gran Turismo 3
    > Rachet and Clank (just the demo though, lolol)
    > Some Naruto game
    > Some InuYasha game

Wii
    > A LOT of games lol I have an entire library but some games I played a lot were:
    > Mariokart Wii
    > Wii Sports
    > Cooking Mama
    > Okami <3
    > Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nintendo DS
    > Mariokart DS
    > Nintendogs
    > Mario Party DS
    > 50+ misc games on an R4 including all the Pokemon games on DS

PSP
    > Ape Escape
    > Loco Roco

PS3
    > ModNation Racers
    > COD: MW2-Ghosts (RIP)
    > LittleBigPlanet
    > Borderlands 2
    > Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
    > Assassins Creed 3

PC:
    > RuneScape
    > ToonTown
    > Various MMOs such as IMVU, Kaneva, etc lol
    > StarCraft
    > Neopets
    ------
    ^ Switched between all of these for years + roleplaying forums
    > Aura Kingdom (present)
    Last edited by Maki; 02-03-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

First game I ever played. Then moved to the nes zelda and mario games. Then snes Donkey Kong , mario street fighter etc. Then Playstation, my first amazing gaming experience. I burrowed FF7 from a friend and my love for RPGs ensued. I picked up Star Ocean: The second story (Amazing game btw if you ever get the chance to play it do so. Then I just kept buying RPGs and played all I could. Spyro also those were good games.

They just don't make them like they used to though. Now it's all about graphics not game play. Such sad days for RPG fans..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    im glad your enjoying this topic....so the games as i played them.....

atari......Crystal Castles,Defender1 & 2,Dig Dug,Millipede,Missile Command,Moon Patrol,Ms. Pac-Man, and my personal favorites Galaxian and pole position. i can remember my mum playing ms pac man for 9 hours to clock the score board and all it did was reset to zero and carry on exactly the same. she nearly smashed it up

commadore 64.....too many to mention as it was my baby, i had literally thousands of cassettes but honourable mentions have to go to Creatures,Creatures II: Torture Trouble,Double Dragon,International Karate +,RoboCop,Shinobi,and Turrican and Turrican II: The Final Fight. turrican began my love affair with vast games, it was epic with its hidden lives, blocks and power ups. i was the turrican master!!

the list for the amiga reads very much like the commadore but we had the added bonus of microprose golf and gp, jimmy white snooker, panzer dragons, syndicate and my fave on this platform the chaos engine.

snes was all about super metroid, super tennis, mario cart and mario.

nintendo 64 was starfox, stunt race 64, donkey kong country and mario.

during these years i only dabbled with consoles but with the playstation i fell in love again. ff7 and 8 became my life, i played ff7 for so many hours i usd to dream it, i had everything on that game, i can remember playing 32 hours straight more than once.

these days its online games and champ manager.

ive never been any good at games that require both hands, anything that requires both thumbs to do stuff baffles me, starting with golden eye and up to cod these days im totally pants.