Thread: Prague, Hamburg, Amsterdam or somewhere else?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m

Prague, Hamburg, Amsterdam or somewhere else?

Looking to book a short trip with my pals for sometime in the next couple months. We've been to Amsterdam a few times before and I fucking love it, not going to lie. I'm hoping to have an apartment there over the next few years so I can rent it out to tourists and stay there whenever I go over.

Thing is, I think one of my mates isn't really up for going a third time since we've been already twice in six months.

Has anyone been to Prague or Hamburg and how do they compare to Amsterdam? In terms of atmosphere, night life, entertainment etc.

We're not potheads (any more...grown out of it) but we do like to smoke every now and then which is why Amsterdam is my number one choice. It has everything for a laugh and a good time. Can you get a bag of weed in Hamburg or Prague or is it mostly a drinking night life?

Basically looking for somewhere to go that we can have a laugh and get messy. We have considered driving to Amsterdam for a different experience, flying to Hamburg spending a couple of days there then travel to The Netherlands from there etc. Looking to go for 4-5 days over a weekend.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Snoop Lion (02-02-2014)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    207/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    49d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Well i haven't been to Prague or Hamburg so obviously i'm going to say go to Amsterdam

However i've been 3 times to Amsterdam and it never gets old, i just love it, but maybe go for a change, mix it up a bit. Have a look at tourist attractions & the night life in Prague and Hamburg and see if it's your cup of tea. Sorry i couldn't be much help, but Amsterdam is just so dope, i expect free rent when i go again at your flat if you buy one btw @(you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoop Lion For This Useful Post:

Nath (02-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Lion View Post
    Well i haven't been to Prague or Hamburg so obviously i'm going to say go to Amsterdam

However i've been 3 times to Amsterdam and it never gets old, i just love it, but maybe go for a change, mix it up a bit. Have a look at tourist attractions & the night life in Prague and Hamburg and see if it's your cup of tea. Sorry i couldn't be much help, but Amsterdam is just so dope, i expect free rent when i go again at your flat if you buy one btw @(you need an account to see links)
    Yeah I agree mate the problem is I can't get enough of the Dam...and I'm afraid nowhere will live up to it for me haha...I've looked at Prague and that's my second choice....although I might convince them to do 2 days somewhere and 2 days in Dam

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    93d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Been to Prague one, and it's now my fav city I've been so far.
    Really pretty. Though, it's best when you go with your bf/gf cause you'll see A LOT of couples, and I went with my parents, without gf, and made me feel meh.

Amsterdam is overrated, it's 2 hours from my home, and meh. It's gross, crowded, and quite boring.

So either Hamburg or Prague it is.
    GL/HF.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VitaminX For This Useful Post:

Nath (02-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Good to try something new, just for kicks and memories if nothing else. If you don't like it the first time, then don't go back the next time.

You have backup with your buddies, so if things aren't as cool in Prague or Hamburg as you liked, it won't be a total shit time anyways - with friends.

And of course, UK <-> NL is so close, you could go whenever and have day trips if you really wanted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Nath (02-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Good to try something new, just for kicks and memories if nothing else. If you don't like it the first time, then don't go back the next time.

You have backup with your buddies, so if things aren't as cool in Prague or Hamburg as you liked, it won't be a total shit time anyways - with friends.

And of course, UK <-> NL is so close, you could go whenever and have day trips if you really wanted.
    Too true, can go to Dam whenever really.

I'll speak to my mates and see what they say thanks guys.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Prague! I loved it!
    I havent been to Hamburg though, so I cant compare.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    It's official we're going to Hamburg AND Amsterdam. :-D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post: