240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

★ [Guide] Plushie Tycoon for Beginners

New banner on the way ~

- - (you need an account to see links) - -

This guide will introduce you to the basics of plushie tycoon, and hopefully get you the avatar and a bronze trophy.

Starting Your Game
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Firstly, there are three things that you must keep in mind throughout your game:

1. Never tell anyone which species you have chosen.
    2. Try to catch as many updates as possible.
    3. Don't go bankrupt, or even get close to bankruptcy.

I will explain why later in the guide.

To begin, you will be required to create a store. Click the button, and head over to the main page which is located (you need an account to see links).

In red, bold letters at the top of the page, you will be asked to choose a time zone for your game; Plushie Tycoon time (what I will refer to as PTT) and NST are not the same, and you must remember this throughout your game. Plushie Tycoon updates run from 10:01am until 5:01pm, so it is best to choose a time zone where you will be online for those updates. If you cannot get access to the internet between 10am and 5pm during your personal time zone (for example, you get home at 6pm), wait until 6pm and then set the PTT to 10am. Make sense?

The next thing you will be required to do is to pay rent on your factory, warehouse, and store. Click each link to pay rent.

Head on over to the raw materials goods (you need an account to see links). Pay attention, because this step is important. Before you purchase anything, add up the cost of the following:

x1 Rare Gems
    x1 Velvet Bag
    x1 Neocotton
    x4 Green Cloth

If your items come to a total of 3,900np or less, proceed with the purchase of the following:

x6 Rare Gems*
    x6 Velvet Bag
    x6 Neocotton
    x24 Green Cloth

*When choosing gems, it is recommended to choose the following species only:

Draik
    Elephante
    Kougra
    Lutari
    Xweetok
    Yurble
    Zafara

Those species will require four rolls of cloth each, and are the species that tend to sell the fastest in your store. I strongly advise avoiding any species that require less cloth.
    Never tell anyone which species you have chosen! When loads of people make the same species, the value drops - bringing you less profit, and also making the plushies harder to sell.
    You do not have to choose six of those seven species to create; you are welcome to choose gems for three Draiks and three Yurbles for example, or two Elephantes and four Zafaras etc. Experiment with them, and see which species bring in the most profit for you.

It is now time to begin creating jobs. Head over to your factory (you need an account to see links) and submit your jobs. Do not submit your jobs in blocks of 200 or 300 etc! If you do this, when it comes to selling your plushies, you will have to wait until all 200 etc have sold before you will be given any NP. It is advised to stick with six blocks of 100 so that when a block has sold, you will receive your profit sooner. You will have to pay additional rent on your factory in order to fit in all of the jobs, but don't worry about that.

When you have submitted your jobs, you must hire your workers. Visit the personnel tab (you need an account to see links) and choose 250 trainees, and 25 managers. If your browser does not allow you to buy the 250 trainees in one block, buy them in blocks of 100 and 50.

It is now time to wait. The first update occurs at 10:01am PTT, and all other updates will also occur at :01 past the hour. After the first update, fire all of your workers. The only one left will be the single manager that you are unable to fire throughout the game. The reason behind firing your workers is because by letting them run for multiple updates, you lose money faster and risk going bankrupt very, very quickly. Once you have done that, view your warehouse (you need an account to see links) and take note of the time. It will take almost three and a half hours for your plushies to become ready to move to your store.

After three and a half hours have passed, go back to your warehouse. Rather than seeing the word "loading" next to the plushies, you will see a check box instead. Check three of the boxes, and ship your plushies to your store.
    It will take five minutes for the plushies to ship to your store, which is located (you need an account to see links). Do not go crazy with advertisements and upgrades - the only things I advise are to buy the first three upgrades for the first three options. After that, wait until you're showing a lot of profit.

Plushies will only sell during the game updates, so you can sit back and relax for a while. It may take a day or two for all of your plushies to sell, depending on how popular your chosen species' are. Once sold, go back to the materials section. Add up the price of everything again, and if they come to a total of 3,900np or below, begin purchasing. If your workers were able to complete three species last time, you will only be required to buy to replace those three - if they were able to complete four, buy to replace four etc. At this point, all you must do is follow the guide from the beginning.

THE TAX MAN COMETH

Aww, you think I'm cute?
    Hand over the cash, bitch ~

The Tax Man is in all honesty, a complete pain in the ass. He will visit you exactly seven days from when you began your game, down to the exact hour and minute. If you miss his visit, the penalty is that your workers will have not created any plushies, and your store will have not sold any plushies. You are still able to pay him however, by visiting the factory, warehouse, and store sections.

Assuming that you began your game on the first day of the second week of the month, you will only have two visits from the tax man. I recommend beginning at this point for practice, and when you become better, you can start later into the month.

Game Tips

1. Never tell anyone which species you have chosen for your plushies. When a lot of people choose the same species, the value of that species drops, lowering the amount of profit you will make.

2. Always choose a time where you will be online for the updates - even though you can sit back through most of the beginning steps, it becomes harder as time goes on.

3. I will state this again - do not choose a species which requires less than three rolls of cloth. They take longer to sell, and will earn you less profit.

4. Try to make sure that you are online when the tax man visits, so that lack of payment does not affect any updates.

5. Always try to keep at least 6,000np on hand. Some people say that less is okay, but it's always good to be safe. That single manager is always scrounging for your NP during those updates.

6. Do not abandon your game when you have reached the point of getting the avatar. Again, that single manager can ruin it for you.

7. You do not get the avatar as soon as you have reached 50,001np - you must wait until the end of the month, when prizes are awarded. It can even sometimes takes a few days into the next month for all prizes to be awarded.

8. Feel free to upgrade your factory, warehouse and store if you notice that your game is progressing nicely. You can also try hiring more workers than usual, and creating more plushies than usual.

9. If you go bankrupt, that is the end of your game - you will have to restart.

10. You will always get a trophy with the avatar.

Additional Guides

(you need an account to see links) - Alternative in-depth guide
    (you need an account to see links) - Updates + alternative guide
    (you need an account to see links) - Warehouse times, timezone, cloth requirements etc.
    (you need an account to see links) - Tax chart

If you have any questions, feel free to post them
    Last edited by Trinket; 06-06-2012 at 03:15 AM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Trinket For This Useful Post:

audreycutes (10-30-2017),caonima (05-27-2012),cinnamon (01-18-2016),Cody. (05-06-2012),genesis (01-18-2016),goldentryst (06-06-2012),HannahBanana (12-21-2015),Kenshin (07-23-2012),mel24822 (11-03-2016),metaldroga (08-11-2012),neofreak (04-12-2016),papierxmache (02-27-2017),Ralph (04-13-2014),Romany (11-02-2015),Syccch (07-27-2012),Sylveon (02-07-2016),violentrabbit (05-29-2012),yellowbomb04 (05-07-2012),zxzero (05-06-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Thanks, will be using this at the start of next month.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trinket again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Trinket (05-06-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Best of luck! The game will be much easier after reading over the basics xD if you need any help/have questions when you begin, feel free to drop me a message

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    +Rep!
    I never really played this one before, because I just kept going bankrupt. This makes it pretty clear on how to play and makes me want to as well!
    Def gonna try this out when the new round starts!

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Trinket (05-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) Did you get a trophy on the first try of this method?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarbo View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Did you get a trophy on the first try of this method?
    I did indeed been getting it on the first try of all accounts I've started a tycoon game on ever since.
    My first ever try, I actually managed to get a silver trophy with this method xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    I did indeed been getting it on the first try of all accounts I've started a tycoon game on ever since.
    My first ever try, I actually managed to get a silver trophy with this method xD
    Good enough for me. Will be trying this out once I've secured my account from all my ABing. Thanks Trinket! +repped

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarbo For This Useful Post:

Trinket (05-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Best of luck! If you have any questions or need some help with anything, let me know =]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you for the guide! I absolutely love playing this game... but sometimes I feel like I'm just clicking random buttons and getting bankrupt like crazy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Oh.. Question for anyone who might know the answer, I'm a bit slow - so since the updates run from 10:01-5:01, could we have employees do the jobs outside of that time?