30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Selling "Unchecked" Accounts

So I've seen this become a new trend lately, the selling of "unchecked accounts".

I've been really confused as to how this came about, what's the point of selling an account that you don't check. Are they really unchecked? Or do you go through, see there isn't anything HUGE and then just say it's unchecked.. eh for the most part?

Personally I'd never sell an account without checking it. Do you know how many times I have had an account that looked pretty empty, but had treasures tucked deep in the sdb? I mean, just last week, I had an empty looking account, I figured I'd check it before I gave it to the buyer.. and woah, there was a stamp worth 250m in the sdb. There was literally nothing else of value, other than this huge stamp.
    That has happened many times in the past too!

So I'm just wondering, why sell an account that has parts unchecked?
    Is it just that everyone has gotten lazy? You don't know what to look for? What's the deal?!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ban (01-29-2014),Corliss (01-28-2014),fairydust201 (01-28-2014),Forever (01-29-2014),j03 (01-28-2014),Kevin! (01-28-2014),Mikey (01-29-2014),Miri (01-28-2014),P h o e n i x (01-28-2014),Raj (01-28-2014),Sellinglikealways (01-29-2014),Upkeep (01-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    Most of the time when I sell unchecked accounts it's just because I'm too lazy to check the insides, haha. I don't log in at all though so they still say last seen a long long time ago on the UL, so the buyer knows that I didn't check them to see if they were empty.

Selling everything - PM me what you're looking for!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    211 times
    Time Online
    90d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Same to lazy to check junky looking shells, Plus them showing as needing a bday people like those for shells.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'm not trying to point fingers at any one person in particular, it's just something I've been noticing lately.
    I can understand not bothering with shell accounts, I don't usually look through those TOO much other than when I need to use them as shells.
    But I've seen people selling accounts that seem to be decent enough mains, with ets/pure on them, but other parts unchecked. It seems some people just list whats equipped and whats in the bank, and neglect other things sometimes.

But sometimes the sdb can have the best treasures ever. Or maybe the closet has some nice old items. Hell, sometimes people leave tons of plot points, or stocks untouched. Youre selling yourself short, and it doesn't even take that long.

I can look through a massive sdb pretty quickly, it's not THAT hard. Just go to the page, and page down, click next. If you have an eye of what to look for, you can spot the worthwhile things and make a mental note to go back or just pull the item then and there!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    I once found 360 mil in a shell, I hate not checking anything, even shells, lol.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Corliss (01-28-2014),Raj (01-28-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm guessing people want to sell accounts so fast that they don't have time to check it... but that doesn't really make sense lol. You profit more if you check

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Well I just like it for the gamble. But what I usually do is buy random accounts (which are usually checked) Unchecked accounts are kind of a grey area in my opinion. Because you can say it's unchecked just by not checking the plot points and technically you aren't completely wrong even though you looked through the bank and SDB. Meh but it's up to the buyer on whether or not they trust the seller for it to be completely unchecked

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac106 View Post
    Well I just like it for the gamble. But what I usually do is buy random accounts (which are usually checked) Unchecked accounts are kind of a grey area in my opinion. Because you can say it's unchecked just by not checking the plot points and technically you aren't completely wrong even though you looked through the bank and SDB. Meh but it's up to the buyer on whether or not they trust the seller for it to be completely unchecked
    That's what I'm saying! You could go through the first half of the sdb, find nothing TOO notable then say the sdb is unchecked because part of it is.
    I'm just confused as to why you wouldn't try to maximize your profit, ya know!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (01-28-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I think people realized how easy it is to sell an account that is labeled unchecked. I generally buy unchecked accounts because they're almost always worth more than the original buy value, but there have been times when I'm almost positive the seller has checked the account beforehand and milked it for all that it was worth.

It could be for the marketing value, since they sell quicker (most of us love a gamble), or because of laziness. All I know is, I check every crack and crevice in any account I gain access over. I've found some amazing gems by doing it. XD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marvel For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-28-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Selling "unchecked" accounts is super shady to me mostly because for a fact it is pretty easy to know that the accounts have in fact been check a little bit and sellers are just trying to unload on something super fast and either recoop some sort of loss by taking less of a loss or they are trying to get that slim profit margin by labeling accounts as unchecked and therefor giving buyers hope that there is still "meat on the bone" when in fact there might not be